British Speedway Forum
f-s-p

Sgp2012 Qualifying Challenge

After seeing the way Pepe went last night I think he may be the 1 to beat. I think that there should be a facility for wild cards to be allowed to be put in this meeting. There are a few in this meeting who are wasting thier time and the meeting would benefit from the likes of Darcy, THJ & possibly Batch chucked in to the mix instead of the likes of Monberg who was passed his sell by date 8 years ago

Thats great, I can get SVT2 on my sat receiver :rolleyes:

thats what its on 4.30 pm uk time lucky you

SVT webbroadcast will be available for everyone regardless of where you live. So tune in SVT play: http://svtplay.se/ on Saturday at 17.30 Swedish time (it will be broadcasted with a slight delay).

After seeing the way Pepe went last night I think he may be the 1 to beat. I think that there should be a facility for wild cards to be allowed to be put in this meeting. There are a few in this meeting who are wasting

their time and the meeting would benefit from the likes of Darcy, THJ & possibly Batch chucked in to the mix instead of the likes of Monberg who was passed his sell by date 8 years ago

I think THJ would do very good against these if he would be in, as it is his Swedish hometrack.

I also still think that it should be more the 1 final round. Maybe 2 or 3 on different kinds of tracks,

since this year those who can gate will be very favoured and in the same was at racers ahave an disadvantage as its very difficult to pass on this track.

Edited by Ghostwalker

After seeing the way Pepe went last night I think he may be the 1 to beat. I think that there should be a facility for wild cards to be allowed to be put in this meeting. There are a few in this meeting who are wasting thier time and the meeting would benefit from the likes of Darcy, THJ & possibly Batch chucked in to the mix instead of the likes of Monberg who was passed his sell by date 8 years ago

Yet still good enough to qualify ahead of Ward, Jonasson and Batchelor.

Yet still good enough to qualify ahead of Ward, Jonasson and Batchelor.

well its not really a matter only of being good enough or not, have a bad day (like a flat tyre, or being crashed into by someone else and etc...) and you are out.

It also have to do with the draw and if you're lucky/unlucky to get this or that track earlier in the qualifying stage and who you're opponents are.

Some quarters/semi finals and etc have a stronger draw while other are weaker. And a rider that misses out from the stronger QF might still be better then

those from the weaker semi or quarter or etc...

Edited by Ghostwalker

SVT webbroadcast will be available for everyone regardless of where you live. So tune in SVT play: http://svtplay.se/ on Saturday at 17.30 Swedish time (it will be broadcasted with a slight delay).

FANTASTICO! You are a scholar and a gentleman. :cheers:

Regards. Alan.

Sometimes I wonder if it would be better if the track closed down so people wouldn't be able to have a crack at it e-v-e-r-y G-o-d d-a-m-n t-i-m-e. Don't know why I care, because as a Vetlanda fan, I like it in Vetlanda, and that should be what matters. We won't put a gun to anyone's head for people to come here, or even watch meetings on TV/streams from here.

To those of you who may think of watching it, please note that you've already been hold it's a awful track, and if you still watch it and it's bad, the rights to whine about the poor quality of racing is voided. You've already been told it's going to be bad, so why watch it? :rolleyes::mad:

I'll do live updates from the meeting (I'll provide a link later), so I may provide a more colourful description to the races than a TV broadcasting might be able to do.

A few Thursday photos from the track, this day ahead of practise.

http://www.elitvetlanda.se/index.php?page=news&stage=1&id=1944

(Better leave the computer now before I type anything I regret)

FANTASTICO! You are a scholar and a gentleman. :cheers:

Regards. Alan.

Hi Alan - when you are watching the stream, you need a race card to keep up with the score....

Race Card SGP Challenge - Danish Design

.. everyone else are welcome to download as well - it is not made just for Alan - sorry mate.

Hi Alan - when you are watching the stream, you need a race card to keep up with the score....

Race Card SGP Challenge - Danish Design

.. everyone else are welcome to download as well - it is not made just for Alan - sorry mate.

I already thanked you on another thread, but again THANK YOU :cheers: Sitting here in a small town in Pennsylvania it adds so much to the experience. PLUS it will be even better if Anders arranges for a splendid Swedish sunset. :lol:

Best wishes and join you all on Saturday (afternoon for me)

Alan.

I have the egg ready to rub in my face :lol: so here is my forecast.

Pepe Protasiewicz

Greg. Walasek

Antonio Lindback

Victor Golubovski - so the Bees can sign him as a double upper :rofl: to keep Emil company next year.

KK, Bjarne and Zagar will also be in the mix.

Who i would like to see to keep it fresh

Martin Vaculik. Simon Gustafasson. Victor Golubovski. But i fear not.

All in fun before the irate replies pour in. :cheers:

Alan.

Today's practise has been postponed due to a poor weather forecast for this afternoon. A new attempt will be made tomorrow morning, at 09:00 a.m.

This year (and perhaps others) the World Longtrack Championship crashed with SGP. If Kylmäkorpi goes on to qualify, he'll have no chance of keeping his title, should he win this year aswell? Pity that one can't be a speedway and longtrack champion at the same time. Nevertheless: Go Joonas! :t:

apparently the refereeing will be handled by Marek Wojaczek while Krister Gardell will be race director.

apparently the refereeing will be handled by Marek Wojaczek while Krister Gardell will be race director.

:blink:

Not impressed with the choice of ref.Fingers crossed for good weather.If only for the sake of Lars + Jacky who have travelled all the way up from Bochum for this.But they do have 6 meetings in Denmark on their agenda as well :blink::wink: Good luck to all and may the best 3 get through

:blink:

Not impressed with the choice of ref.Fingers crossed for good weather.If only for the sake of Lars + Jacky who have travelled all the way up from Bochum for this.But they do have 6 meetings in Denmark on their agenda as well :blink::wink: Good luck to all and may the best 3 get through

forecasts look pretty good with partially sunny/cloudy weather.