British Speedway Forum

Spot on Steve. Having just lugged my 5 & 1/2 kg VPAP across half of the planet I can tell you it can be a pain; plays havoc with my Baggage Allowance. Mind you, it's nice being able to sleep properly without having to have recourse to drugs & alcohol. :cheers::party:

:lol:

Well I feel sorry for Eddie...I do not condone what he has done!! I agree with stouffer, speedway is dying in UK and yes Eddie should be fined, but he has in effect lost his job and a long ban would not help British Speedway, I am sure he is not the only person to have done something illegal,and I seriously doubt he would ever do anything illegal again, so perhaps a ban until the end of season and the chance to start again next season albeit on probation would be better! I think also that the machine examiner should have picked up on it before the start of the meeting!! I wonder if there would be as much hatred for Eddie if he rode for a different team?

I wonder if there would be as much hatred for Eddie if he rode for a different team?

I haven't read of any hatred towards Eddie Kennett. Most think what he has done is foolish and he will get what he deserves, but other than that I note a general feeling of disappointment.

Hey Steve answer me this..?

Yes Kennett could have been using an illegal silencer before the Lakeside meeting, so your assuming he's used one before.

Darcy Ward has looked pretty quick this year, do we assume he's been using an illegal silencer too and strip all his points??

There is no proof of either situation, so no action can be taken!

Edited by Matt Davis

Hey Steve answer me this..?

Yes Kennett could have been using an illegal silencer before the Lakeside meeting, so your assuming he's used one before.

Darcy Ward has looked pretty quick this year, do we assume he's been using an illegal silencer too and strip all his points??

There is no proof of either situation, so no action can be taken!

No comparison. Ward has not been charged with using an illegal silencer. Pretty sure he would have been tested at Monmore on Monday after his max.

Ward is just a brilliant rider, who is getting better by the month. You can assume what you like but he hasn't been found to be using anything illegal.

You can assume what you like but he hasn't been found to be using anything illegal.

Neither has Kennett before the Lakeside meeting so how can you take his points away?

I don't condone Kennett and he deserves whatever comes his way but the pious statements from a (usual) few on here grate rather. Kennett might be the one who got caught but you can bet this has been a widespread practise, as Ben Barker stated when interviewed tonight at Perry Barr "There's been a lot of new exhausts bought this week!"

Edward Kennett as most if not all say he is a nice guy.

But at the end of the day he was caught cheating. You don't accidently doctor a silencer to gain an unfair advantager against your fellow professional and now sadly has to face the consequences.

Yes there may be others with illegal equipment but to date they haven't been caught.

All forms of sport have these issues and this one won't finish speedway.

Whether they are caught or not, the only losers are those that cheat themselves, fellow competitors, clubs, sponsors and supporters.

Neither has Kennett before the Lakeside meeting so how can you take his points away?

It's at this point you should say, "I rest my case, M'lud" :)

Edited by Cowdy

Eddie to get 1yr ban and fined around £1500... Just my thoughts and not at all 'inside' info.

All these saying how a ban wouldn't be right because he's a young British rider - what if he was Polish/Swedish/Danish/Malaysian/Outer Mongolian? You'd then call for a harsher punishment. 1 crime = 1 punishment. What happens to Kennett will should be what happens to anyone else caught doing the same thing. Especially if they ride for Poole.

A young man and talented rider has his life in turmoil at the moment -- we should be aware of how a lot of the comments made may have an effect on him. I hope he isn't reading the forum right now. I believe Edward has a good family and support behind him which I hope he takes comfort from. Edward appears to have a lot of integrity and is prepared to accept his punishment.

I look forward to seeing Edward ride again for a British team soon.

Why do so many people appear to be rubbing their hands over his mistake? :cry:

If you are reading the forum Edward --- chin up ---- you are thought a lot of.

Well said Fliss 44, doesnt everyone deserve a second chance?

My goodness me! Yet another anonymous newbie who joins up and immediately starts having a pop at Steve and attempting to turn this topic into yet another Cov/Poole thread, just as other members tried to cloud the issue by invoking Madsen & Holder.

Spot on Steve. Having just lugged my 5 & 1/2 kg VPAP across half of the planet I can tell you it can be a pain; plays havoc with my Baggage Allowance. Mind you, it's nice being able to sleep properly without having to have recourse to drugs & alcohol. :cheers::party:

Hi BFD, i am sure you are just as anonymous as me with a username like that and we all have to start somewhere and steve was a good starting point and doesnt need you to defend him or his posts.

I think we all need to remember how unique a sport British speedway is,a two year ban ended Danny birds career and i'd imagine a one year ban(which is effectively an 18 month ban) could do the same to eddie's. lets hope common sense prevails

you only have to look at some results & listen to some machine 's to know he's not alone in useing tampered silenser's, What happened to the machine examiner that night was he deaf ?, just curios ? :wink:

The modification carried out on Eddie's silencer was such a pathetic attempt it was hardly worth doing as it does not improve the power, does not make the silencer flow any better and that is why it did not sound any louder.

Edited by pinto