British Speedway Forum

Looking forward to this one, there are quite a few quality riders in the league this year that should counteract home track advantage.

If you were going purely on form around Owlerton and it was an old style format ie 5 rides, top scorer wins, then I think its fair to say that they would be engraving Parker's name on the trophy, but with a winner takes all final, it could be anybody's - look at Tai in the British Final, one bad gate and he went from being a sure thing to 3rd on the podium... That said Parker has come from behind to win this year against some top opposition when he has missed the gate, but when its an individual title on the line rather than a league meeting that might already be lost, will riders put up more of a fight and put their bodies on the line (eg Compton/Stead incident a few years back) to win?

You just know that if Sky were covering the meeting then their prediction would be Barker, because he rides in the elite league don't you know...

Urm.. How are these two any different? Gjedde is currently average somewhere around 10.34 and Barker is currently averaging around 10.02. They both had poor meetings at Sheffield too.

Based purely on what I have seen of the both at Sheffield this season, what I say is Barker was average and Gjedde was rubbish, there is a difference.

But both riders have proved themselves better, hence I have one as a contender and the other as a spoiler. Make what you want about whether I am trying to wind up Wanna, all I am doing is basing my views on what I have seen at Sheffield this season.

Why do you bite to such blatent wind ups?

Not true.

You might disagree with Spinny's interpretation (I don't and I don't think there are many better qualified to determine who is likely to win at Owlerton) but he's rarely a wind up merchant and certainly not in this case.

Beware the Jeddi Knight ! In all fairness if it don't go Charlie's way then I wouldn't mind a certain Mr.Parker winning it, in his last season . I also think Barker and Alden won't be far away.

Be interesting how Lemo goes...25 points from his 9 completed rides at Owlerton last season. Should be fitter by then also and gets a look round on Thursday,if fit, I'd expect him to rattle a few cages regardless of how he does this week...looking forward to it, but anyone can win, Rene was streets ahead of anyone in the heats last year but didn't win.

Parker has been rotten in most of the PLRC meetings he has rode in.

Barker with Alden/Niemenin as a dark horse IMO.

Barker with Alden/Niemenin as a dark horse IMO.

Shane Parker this seasons figures at Sheffield.

8 maximums

Average without bonus points 9.98

Average with bonus points 10.85.

Need I say more.

As much as I ain't a fan of Parker, I'm another one that wouldn't be too disheartened should he be crowned PL Riders Champ.. would be a very fitting way for him to bow out...

As regards to Sebbo... not getting hopes up yet.. I had egg on me face last year... :party:

My predicted top 6 in no order

Alden :party::drink:

Parker

Gjedde

Nieminen

Barker

Screen

Parker has never looked unbeatable round Owlerton before. Look at the last 5(?) home meetings. It's got the the point when he misses the gate and looks tailed off and you still expect him to come through and win - and he looks like he's putting in 0 effort while doing it!

who do you think will win it

1st charlie gjedde

2nd shane parker

3th kauko nieminen

5 th keivn doolan

6th wolbert

7th barker

8th screen

9th harrison

10th masters

11th lemon

12 th neath

13th aarnio

14 summers

15 ashworth

16 frampton

17th alden

Edited by madirish

Super Sammy M no competition. :party:

8 maximums

Need I say more.

Home track advantage? :wink: Having said that, wouldn't be bothered if Parker won - it would be a great end to his career :approve:

My picks; Parker, Barker, Screen, Ashworth.

8 maximums

Need I say more.

You could post his PLRC record....