British Speedway Forum

It all depends on the Rolling Averages. As I said, you need to learn and understand more about the rules.

I have asked a few questions about how the averages will be calculated and applied this season. Tungate and Heeps will be the only two Sackers Witches riders with "real-time" averages.

Give me a break Lovey , Ive seen every flipping rule change in the last 40 years and its mighty tough keeping up with them all !

They seem to change on a daily basis so hence the question .

calm down :) well even with the rolling averages the way tungate is going he wont be in the reserve berth for long i think cam will stay there for a little longer as hes only 16 but hopefully they will both keep up there impressive form all the way through this season

...........Does anyone know if the League Cup matches count to the overall rider averages ? If they do it wont be too long before Rohan is out of reserve spot and someone else in .

As the 2012 Rules & Regs have yet to be published, it's not easy to provide a definitive statement.

However the recent issue of the latest Green Sheets do provide some clues.

It appears that PL RAs will continue to be calculated over 38 meetings.

League Cup meetings have been included, for meetings up to and including 23rd March 2012.

Assuming Rule 17.4.3 hasn't been amended, given that we don’t suffer any rain offs, both Tungate and Heeps will complete their fourth away meeting on the 4th May. However there is a provision, that should this not be achieved in order to be effective from 1st May, then the MC will issue a revised CMA.

Is it possible that rider replacement could end up at reserve and if so would it be allowed?

No.

Rule 18.2.2 d) Absent #6 (by CMA): Guest

e) Absent #7 (by CMA): NL Guest

Edited by Mr Snackette

Give me a break Lovey , Ive seen every flipping rule change in the last 40 years and its mighty tough keeping up with them all !

They seem to change on a daily basis so hence the question .

I agree we all need a break from the ever changing rules, but it's not a straightforward assumption that Tungate will jump straight into the team.

As a quick example, Tressarieu's current 6.87 Green Sheet is based on only 18 matches. Even if he scores just 4 points per 4 rides in his next 20 matches (for an average of 4.00), his 38 match Rolling average will actually be 5.48.

So, for riders who already have rolling averages we can't predict what their new averages will be, e.g. on 1st May, unless we know exactly which old scores will be dropped (where the rider has a maximum 38 matches in their green sheet). Even with North's excellent start to the season, his average may not change drastically ... so if Tungate averages say 6.00, then it could be North who falls to reserve ... :o

I have sent a couple of e-mails trying to find out how this is all supposed to work.

i see if it works out like that it would be pretty good having nnorth there :) either way we should be strong at reserve all season which is a bonus

I see Berwick have had new averages issued, hmmmm. they rode in the League Cup on the 23rd March vs Scunthorpe but Scunthorpe's averages have NOT changed nor have Edinburgh who rode at Redcar the night before or Plymouth that rode Rye House on the 23rd....

I understand there is a cutoff date but when? and if 1 team is effected why not those others?

confused...... :blink:

As for Rolling averages, it would be simple for the BSPA to issue details on a spreadsheet but we are talking about the BSPA so probably written down on post it notes!

Edited by 2ndbendbeerhut

Rolling averages certainly can produce some anomolies.

I'm sure that most Witches' fans would think that The Skipper has had a fairly decent start to the season. Yet if the rolling averages were released today his average would have fallen from 7.19 to 7.08, despite the fact that after three LC meetings his CMA is 7.76, and with BP it sits at 8.71.

It demonstrates that rolling averages are a little like an oil tanker, in that it can take a long time to turn round.

I see Berwick have had new averages issued, hmmmm. they rode in the League Cup on the 23rd March vs Scunthorpe but Scunthorpe's averages have NOT changed nor have Edinburgh who rode at Redcar the night before or Plymouth that rode Rye House on the 23rd....

I understand there is a cutoff date but when? and if 1 team is effected why not those others?

confused...... :blink:

As for Rolling averages, it would be simple for the BSPA to issue details on a spreadsheet but we are talking about the BSPA so probably written down on post it notes!

Certainly I'm not going to defend RAs or the BSPA, but all the above mentioned have had their averages amended. As examples - Bowen going from 5.03 to 4.97; Barker 9.87 to 9.94; Howe 8.32 to 8.23; Tulley 7.82 to 7.66; and Summers 7.49 to 7.67.

I agree totally with the spreadsheet idea, but as they can't even manage to publish the 2012 Rules & regs.....what are the chances?!!!

Ah i downloaded the team declarations sheet which has old figures on! :rolleyes:

But has Risager instead of Lanham!?

Edited by 2ndbendbeerhut

upto date averages for the Witches.....

Lanham 7.76*

Doolan 7.11

Poole 6.90

Tresarrieu 6.51

Tungate 6.75*

North 6.17

Heeps 5.23*

*Lanham's includes Rye House and ipswich LC matches, Heeps and Tungate 3 matches only

3 matches in April before new green sheets issued, when will Tungate and Heeps be given "proper" ave?

Edited by 2ndbendbeerhut

As the 2012 Rules & Regs have yet to be published, it's not easy to provide a definitive statement.

Yes they have, I have had mine for about 3 weeks now. Perhaps someone has missed you out of the loop. Good man if he has :approve: .

Certainly I'm not going to defend RAs or the BSPA, but all the above mentioned have had their averages amended. As examples - Bowen going from 5.03 to 4.97; Barker 9.87 to 9.94; Howe 8.32 to 8.23; Tulley 7.82 to 7.66; and Summers 7.49 to 7.67.

I agree totally with the spreadsheet idea, but as they can't even manage to publish the 2012 Rules & regs.....what are the chances?!!!

...and again. :P

Rolling averages certainly can produce some anomolies.

I'm sure that most Witches' fans would think that The Skipper has had a fairly decent start to the season. Yet if the rolling averages were released today his average would have fallen from 7.19 to 7.08, despite the fact that after three LC meetings his CMA is 7.76, and with BP it sits at 8.71.

It demonstrates that rolling averages are a little like an oil tanker, in that it can take a long time to turn round.

Yes they have, I have had mine for about 3 weeks now

Out of interest, are they available for the general public to view and if so where? Just been onto the SCB website and the rules & regs on there are for 2011.

Out of interest, are they available for the general public to view and if so where? Just been onto the SCB website and the rules & regs on there are for 2011.

I really don't know. I think they are issued to promotions and officials first, the public next then Snacky, but I could be wrong. :P

• Like 2