British Speedway Forum

Have to say the sale of Doolan to Ipswich from Kings Lynn was a great move by the Stars money in the bank but why has he struggled so much since leaving us ? He was a top PL rider at the NA what had gone wrong for him ?

No, The money went to Peterborough in loan fee's.

What an earth is happenin to our club? the weak link the rider who is sucking us down and totally underperforming is Lanham. Doolan to has also been underperforming but we need 2 or 3 changes not just 1. does louis think this will appease the supporters? We now have a heat leader trio of Poole (injured all of season will not be fit to start with and is he a number 1?) Tungate (brilliant season but again is he a consistent number 1?) and Dak which is ok as a third heat leader.

What we should have done was bombed out Doolan Lanham and Risager and go for it.

If any Ipswich fan thinks this move Poole for Doolan makes us so much stronger they are deluded. by all means we needed changes but not just this one!!!!!!!!!

Yes totally agree Gavan but we haven't a hope in hell of louis making 3 changes, its staggering he has made any change at all its certainly against anything we have known in the past as he never doe's normally. Lanham is his mate who goe's around for tea and chats to louis house, see what I mean? Risager he obviously feels sorry for after 2 horrendous injuries but you cant have sentiment in speedway if you want success and lets face facts here, risager has lost it and never actually race the opposing riders or go wide for some grip. Its fair to say the Witches have no true heatleaders at all in their team with all the riders whos average is no more than around 7 and there just is no motivation at Ipswich or real ambition. Could you imagine this going on if the great John Berry was still promoter, no way ho-say.

Has Doolan been sacked?

Yes.

Bizarre

Think this could be a step back and backfire big time...Poole is hardly going to change the teams scoring power IMO...

Think this could be a step back and backfire big time...Poole is hardly going to change the teams scoring power IMO...

Agreed. If they wanted to bring Young Poole back, then I would have replaced Lanham. Even then I'm not sure that would be the right call.

Agreed. If they wanted to bring Young Poole back, then I would have replaced Lanham. Even then I'm not sure that would be the right call.

Under the new Green Sheets he could only have replaced Doolan or Tungate. I believe Leicester away on Saturday was the cut of for the new averages.

Bad timing?

I Like the photo of Doolan looking at a paper with the headline "I'm Not Your No1"! Ironic or what?

Under the new Green Sheets he could only have replaced Doolan or Tungate. I believe Leicester away on Saturday was the cut of for the new averages.

Bad timing?

That's a good point. It's all very well saying a change should have been made sooner, but Poole wasn't quite ready a couple of weeks ago. Can you replace a rider with a not yet fit rider and then get a facility for him until he returns??

Saturday was probably the straw that broke the camel's back as far as making a change is concerned. Just missing out on an away victory with Doolan only contributing two points was possibly the nail in his coffin. Yes Lanham also didn't put the points on the board, but at least he had the excuse of two blown engines on the back of an excellent meeting at Sheffield.

With Poole now ready, it was only a choice between Doolan and Tungate so Doolan had to go.

To be honest I'm a little surprised at how many are seemingly against the move. Doolan has let the side down badly at times this season with scores that are just not acceptable. More than Aljack wanted him gone on here while plenty of others from other clubs were quick to stick the knife in.

But now Louis has acted it's suddenly a "bizzarre" decision? Not for me it isn't.

As for Lanham, his average has now dropped to a level that I don't think its now worth replacing him. Who would you get in on his current average?

Same for Risager, he's about to drop to reserve but who is out there available to come in and do a better job on his current average?

Bad timing?

Whilst they are calculated up to the 23rd July, they don't take effect until 1st August. So on Thursday Lanham will still be at #1, and consequently provided the change was made before the new GSAs come into play, ie 1st August, Young Poole could have replaced either Lanham or Doolan.