British Speedway Forum

Outrageous move from our promotion. The Pride of the East is now cancelled

Not pleased at all

The Pride Of the East meeting scheduled to take place at King’s Lynn Speedway on Friday 14th October, has unfortunately been cancelled for the second consecutive season.The club has been struggling to assemble a competitive line up for various reasons and have decided to cancel the meeting rather than run a substandard product.

Club promotor Jonathan Chapman revealed: "Decisions like this are hard but in all honesty it was getting harder by the day to put the event together, I don’t blame the riders, they just simply have a busy schedule and the ones that are available are not prepared to ride for the money that is on offer. We could run a Premier League standard meeting, but we did that last week with the International Top Gun meeting which to be honest wasn’t very well supported"

This means the club now only have one fixture remaining in the 2011 season, on Wednesday 19th October when the British Under 23’s take on their Swedish counterparts in an international test match.

(From official website)

Could it be a dearth of quality riders at this time of the season?

or

Apathy by the viewing public. Can't blame them really most individual meetings nowadays have a fair percentage of no show riders and lower, sometimes much lower, quality replacements.

Disappointing but to be honest not particularly suprising, we'd been given no more details on the line up and its obvious that the big boys just aren't interested in these meetings any more. I personally think it would be better to hold the event as a season opener so that rider availability would be much better.

Very disappointed oh well off to Swindon for the ELRC instead!

the big boys just aren't interested in these meetings any more. I personally think it would be better to hold the event as a season opener so that rider availability would be much better.

Forget the bloody "big boys" at the start and end of the season!! I'd like to think that our second strings and reserves "might" want a race or two practice at the start of the season together with others of the same ilk and hopefully the fans will give them a look after a winter without speedway ............

Wonder how many of the team will turn up for the dinner dance ? Such a shame Pride of the East has been called off was looking forward to seeing most members of this years team in action some maybe for the last tine for the club .

well i think they should run a meeting of kingslynn stars and former stars vs a select team with some riders in mind for next year

kingslynn

1 mads

2 sitera

3 masters

4 parker

5 allen

6 doolan

7 sanchez

select team

1 harris

2 eklof

3 Mikkel Michelsen

4 howe

5 woffy

6 Martin Vaculík

7 Maksims Bogdanovs

now i think that would be worth going to watch and we can see some talent with a view to getting them to sign for next year :cheers:

Forget the bloody "big boys" at the start and end of the season!! I'd like to think that our second strings and reserves "might" want a race or two practice at the start of the season together with others of the same ilk and hopefully the fans will give them a look after a winter without speedway ............

Bottom line though Theresa is that you need one or two top men for people to support the event....even if its the start of the season people will just wait for the first team meeting if the PoTE was is first without any big names.

well i think they should run a meeting of kingslynn stars and former stars vs a select team with some riders in mind for next year

kingslynn

1 mads

2 sitera

3 masters

4 parker

5 allen

6 doolan

7 sanchez

select team

1 harris

2 eklof

3 Mikkel Michelsen

4 howe

5 woffy

6 Martin Vaculík

7 Maksims Bogdanovs

now i think that would be worth going to watch and we can see some talent with a view to getting them to sign for next year :cheers:

i think that is a excellent idea someone needs to put this idea to Buster and Jonno i,m sure a meeting like this would be supported

i think they have had a few big problems to deal with at the football club so speedway has been put on the back burner

i think they have had a few big problems to deal with at the football club so speedway has been put on the back burner

to be honest i couldnt careless about the football club its the speedway club im interested in , and your idea is a good un

It makes me laugh that when something doesn't go quite right with the speedway it must be because Buster and Jonathan are putting all their energies into the football :rolleyes: I'm sure the football has nothing to do with the PoTE not going ahead, the speedway didn't suffer when the FC had issues with the FA did it?

It makes me laugh that when something doesn't go quite right with the speedway it must be because Buster and Jonathan are putting all their energies into the football :rolleyes: I'm sure the football has nothing to do with the PoTE not going ahead, the speedway didn't suffer when the FC had issues with the FA did it?

yes and i,m sure stock cars wont be cancelled either because of the football club , all i,m dissapointed in is it would just have been nice to have seen most of the 2011 team in action one more time and have some new faces there as well with a view to team places in 2012 . Just a shame it couldnt have been sorted out .