British Speedway Forum

The BSPA believes he is.

Had a quick look at Official BSPA site and 2012 team line up for Premier League.

I has a note at foot to say something to effect of team line ups are added from official club press releases and subject to BSPA approval. From that I would imagine all line ups need confirmed by BSPA with official paperwork and that list on there means little at this time of year?

I has a note at foot

We shall have to wait to see. At the moment it is between the BSPA, Road Closed's 'Ricky's mate,' or the note on your foot.

Plymouth chairman and promoter Mike Bowden said Ashworth's decision had thrown the club's pre-season preparations into some disarray.

Bowden said: "We're a bit disappointed because there are six weeks to go until the end of the season and now we're told Ricky won't be joining us.

Someone tell him the season hasn't started yet

So Ashworth will no doubt line up for Berwick now and fair play to him, if what I hear is true the old Bowden magic worked again, agreed a deal verbally but something very different was in black and white! If my calculations are correct 10.24 is available to replace Ricky. Totally shambolic the BSPA need to do everyone a favour and remove his licence.

Oh but for the record...Mon the Fish :D

Edited by Mikeyt

So Ashworth will no doubt line up for Berwick now and fair play to him, if what I hear is true the old Bowden magic worked again, agreed a deal verbally but something very different was in black and white! If my calculations are correct 10.24 is available to replace Ricky. Totally shambolic the BSPA need to do everyone a favour and remove his licence.

Mon the Fish could be the one as Bowden states his search for rider is proving a bit expensive. ;) .Bowden's reputation will go against him when trying to find quality riders IMO.

Edited by Fromafar
  • Like 1

I have been told Bowden changed his contract. You have to wonder, though, whether he would have pulled out had he not had the opportunity to go to Berwick.

Whatever the case, it appears that the infamous Plymouth promoter strikes again :angry:

I have been told Bowden changed his contract. You have to wonder, though, whether he would have pulled out had he not had the opportunity to go to Berwick.

Whatever the case, it appears that the infamous Plymouth promoter strikes again :angry:

Cant see anything about him going to Berwick? Have I missed that?

I don't think you have missed anything but there is definitely an opening at Berwick.

Tsunami spotted it earlier; if Ashworth isn't going to Plymouth, where is he going and would he have backed out if he had nowhere else to go ?

Maybe it worked out very nicely for him when Mr Bowden (apparently) changed their deal.

Don't think you have missed anything, some people doing the 2+2 maths and coming up with an answer which is probably wrong. If Berwick were interested surely Ashworth would want the whole season ,Berwick have already stated that Kozza wil lbe back when fit.(given that he is not out for the season,which might well be the case) Edited by Fromafar

I'm told exactly the same!