British Speedway Forum

With Lanham for Boxall, i'd put Plymouth around mid table but still not enough for top 6 and a play off berth. I definitely think there are at least 6 better sides around.

looking into my crystal ball tonight i see the return of the werner and the departure of fisher ,it never leg my aunt Meg down :rofl:

A top 3 of Barker, Fisher and Lanham is the best top 3 in the league by a distance.

Still reckon any 3 of Somerset's top 4 of Masters, Doyle, Vissing and Wright top that trio. Not forgetting also that the Rebels have Alex and Kyle as soild back up both home and away whilst Tom finds his feet in the PL.

looking into my crystal ball tonight i see the return of the werner and the departure of fisher ,it never leg my aunt Meg down :rofl:

In the Sunday local paper it said that Ryan is already in the Country, and can't wait for the season to start, so if i was you Montie i would clean your crystal ball :lol:

Still reckon any 3 of Somerset's top 4 of Masters, Doyle, Vissing and Wright top that trio. Not forgetting also that the Rebels have Alex and Kyle as soild back up both home and away whilst Tom finds his feet in the PL.

Doyle, 8.00. Barker,9.97.

Masters,7.52. Fisher,9.69.

Vissing,7.23. Lanham,7.53

Wright,7.19

Look at the figures drew, they don't lie, it's there in black and white.

Edited by Devildodger
  • Like 1

Rubbish. That Plymouth top 3 would wipe the floor with the Somerset top 3. Not one of the Somerset riders would beat the Plymouth top 2 with any regularity.

There would be no touching Plymouth's trio. Newport's last year was impressive but it would've only have been Gjedde who could constantly compete with Barker and Fisher. If Plymouth sign Lanham then I'll certainly be making a lot of trips to watch Plymouth. Plymouth will be seeing even more maximum's than last year.

Edited by NWS
  • Like 1

The top post of silly season so far....will take some beating aswell IMO :)

Lanham confirms in today's Evening Star that he has an offer from Plymouth and he is thinking it over. He's not keen on the long drive to home meetings so is thinking it over before giving Plymouth his answer this week. Seems 50/50 at the moment.

Lanham confirms in today's Evening Star that he has an offer from Plymouth and he is thinking it over. He's not keen on the long drive to home meetings so is thinking it over before giving Plymouth his answer this week. Seems 50/50 at the moment.

Cheers had a feeling Mike Bowden would go for him :lol:

I haven’t really been keeping up with this thread, Lanham would need to come into the team in place of Boxall is that correct?

So if they don’t get Lanham , that leaves them with Boxall who knows he is going to be replaced?

I haven’t really been keeping up with this thread, Lanham would need to come into the team in place of Boxall is that correct?

So if they don’t get Lanham , that leaves them with Boxall who knows he is going to be replaced?

With Bowdens reputation it could be Barker or Fisher!!!!!!!!!!!

Still reckon any 3 of Somerset's top 4 of Masters, Doyle, Vissing and Wright top that trio.

That's what I like to see, an optimist ... Vissing, Wright and Barker all rode for Birmingham last year, and Barker was by far the best of them. So was Fisher; that includes better than Masters and Doyle as well.

With Bowdens reputation it could be Barker or Fisher!!!!!!!!!!!

He seems to have had the Waite gift of seeing what happens at other tracks all winter and then having a team fall into his lap.

Plymouth are going to be a team to watch this season, on and off track.

There season might be like Barker and Fishers early career, great, entertaining, watching through your fingers, you just don’t know how its going to end up, but you just cant take your eyes of it.

May i ask why everyone is so keen to drop Boxall or has he packed up again ?