British Speedway Forum

Just had a personal message from bads1971 saying whoever you are you need to stop putting stuff on the forum about Mike, i think she means dad, she says what you have heard is not true, the place isn't a dump like you say, Mike (dad) isn't going anywhere, your cosy chats with Seemond as if, if you don't like the way speedway is being run don't go simple as, you hide behind a name Devildogger, it's Devildodger, and my real name is Roger Martin, and i stand by everything i have said, babs1971 whoever you are.

Did she mention the trouser dropping incident?

Devildogger WOULD be a good name for Mike(Dad) though allegedly :rofl:

not sure there's room in those toilets!!!

Devildogger WOULD be a good name for Mike(Dad) though allegedly :rofl:

That would be one of many names you could call Mike (Dad) , but Devildogger seems good to me, i think he must be a dog lover :lol:

not sure there's room in those toilets!!!

I think the medical room is a little bigger ;)

• Like 1

Devils rider Glanz out in the cold after injury

PLYMOUTH Devils boss Mike Bowden has admitted Dane Nicki Glanz is unlikely to return to the St Boniface Arena in the near future.

Glanz, who disappeared from the Plymouth line-up earlier in the season after sustaining an injury, has not been back since.

The Dane was supposed to be recuperating in his own country, but is now locked in a contract wrangle with the Devils.

His decision to stay put in Denmark is apparently the result of Plymouth's decision to cut riders' wages so the club stay afloat.

Chairman and promoter Mike Bowden has been increasingly concerned about falling crowd numbers caused, for the most part, by poor weather.

Bowden said: "It is true to say that the club is in a contractual dispute with Nicki.

"I don't know what he's doing, because I haven't spoken to him, but I'm not sure we'd have him back anyway."

Glanz is highly unlikely to solve his dispute with the Devils before tonight's Premier League meeting away to Ipswich Witches (7.30).

The Dane, unless the attitude of both parties thaws rapidly overnight, can also safely be ruled out of tomorrow's league meeting with Workington at the St Boniface Arena (7.30pm).

Even if Glanz was available, he would not solve Bowden's problem of how he is going to replace injured reserve Robert Ksiezak.

Ksiezak looks as though he is going to be sidelined for a considerable amount of time after apparently breaking an ankle while guest-riding for Berwick.

Scans are still being carried out on the injury, although doctors have told Ksiezak they are pretty certain the heavily-bruised ankle is broken.

Ksiezak, however, has the lowest average – the number of points a rider is expected to win during a meeting – of any of the Plymouth team.

Regulations insist Bowden has to bring a guest rider with the same average into the team – and there aren't any available.

The Devils' chairman said: "My main problem is there are no riders available to bring into the team.

"I've gone through a list of Premier League riders, but there's nobody available with an average as low as Robert.

"The difficulty is everybody is riding tonight and of course we're going to have the same problem tomorrow night.

"I'm now going through a list of National League riders, but nothing is really jumping out at me."

Bowden may be forced to use the rider replacement facility, where Ksiezak's team-mates James Holder and Ben Reade would ride extra races to fill in for him.

Plymouth have delayed naming their team for tonight's meeting.

Read this report in the local Plymouth paper today, and i give credit to Nicki Glanz for sticking it to Bowden, i don't blame the lad for not coming back, there is only one person who isn't taking a pay cut out of this, and we all know who, he's taking it all, and we all know why the support is dropping, nothing to do with the weather.

Edited by Devildodger

Crumbs didn't realise things were this difficult for Plymouth. Worrying times indeed as it seems a few others are struggling too.

What a PR nightmare this guy is. Have to feel sorry for the Plymouth fans being led by a Promoter likes this. Clueless.

Edited by semion

Rider Replacement for a missing reserve, thats a new one! Guess the sports writers can only print what they are given. Can't be that difficult to get a NL guest can it?

• Like 1

Rider Replacement for a missing reserve, thats a new one! Guess the sports writers can only print what they are given. Can't be that difficult to get a NL guest can it?

Who is there, that is up to PL standard ? and if they aint going to get paid, who will want to ?.

its not new for plymouth they turned up at workington a couple of years ago with only 5 riders and only 1 reserve lucky for them the meeting was rained off theres no excuess for no reserves theres plenty of national league riders willing to take there chance even if they dont score they learn how much they have to step up if they want to ride in the prem
  • Like 2

Even if Glanz was available, he would not solve Bowden's problem of how he is going to replace injured reserve Robert Ksiezak.

Ksiezak looks as though he is going to be sidelined for a considerable amount of time after apparently breaking an ankle while guest-riding for Berwick.

Scans are still being carried out on the injury, although doctors have told Ksiezak they are pretty certain the heavily-bruised ankle is broken.

Ksiezak, however, has the lowest average – the number of points a rider is expected to win during a meeting – of any of the Plymouth team.

Regulations insist Bowden has to bring a guest rider with the same average into the team – and there aren't any available.

The Devils' chairman said: "My main problem is there are no riders available to bring into the team.

"I've gone through a list of Premier League riders, but there's nobody available with an average as low as Robert.

"The difficulty is everybody is riding tonight and of course we're going to have the same problem tomorrow night.

"I'm now going through a list of National League riders, but nothing is really jumping out at me."

Bowden may be forced to use the rider replacement facility, where Ksiezak's team-mates James Holder and Ben Reade would ride extra races to fill in for him.

Plymouth have delayed naming their team for tonight's meeting.

The guy is re-writing the rulebook. So he thinks he can have a guest, but there are none so he's going to have to use a NL rider but if there are no NL riders two other riders can replace him? No. He HAS to use a NL rider for a missing number 7, he has no other choice.

No wonder the club is up rubbish creek.

The guy is re-writing the rulebook. So he thinks he can have a guest, but there are none so he's going to have to use a NL rider but if there are no NL riders two other riders can replace him? No. He HAS to use a NL rider for a missing number 7, he has no other choice.

No wonder the club is up rubbish creek.

This looks like a Newport stuation all over again unfortunately,shame that such a well supported club has so many internal problems.

Should the BSPA not be looking in to this?

If things are so bad at Plymouth then I would have thought some action was required by the Ruling Body?