British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
jimmy jimmy

Are The Colts Racing In 2012?

Seems not jimmy.

i very much hope so but they need to rebuild Bekker gone Mason retired so to as Richardson Howarth only wants premire Mackinna not sure Garrity off to Dry House only leaves Widdman . I feel sorry for Steve and Graham who put alot :t: of effort in to the team to make in work so come on Mort i know its not your top must do things at the moment because the Elite team still needs sorting but give it a go please :neutral:

Half price admission is one of the perks when buying a season ticket or joining the 500 club, so if they are using them as an incentive then they must be running.

Edited by ouch

Chris Morton states in this weeks Speedy Star that they are 'hoping' to run an NL side.

A bit of a mixed message though. A slight bit of doubt in the piece that you quoted, but more positive in the paragragh above however it looks like rent for the stadium for NL meetings is still an issue to be agreed.

Confirmed Colts not running in 2012, on hold for a season till new stadium ready.

Not surprised really, last year they expected new stadium to be ready sometime this season, can't afford to carry on paying huge rent to GRA for small crowds plus fitting in fixtures on limited days a problem too.

Really dissapointed to read this, the NL really needs more teams,especially from North of Stoke and Buxton.

Yes it is now confirmed that BV Colts are on hold for this year which is indeed very diisappointing after a good comeback year in 2011. Really gutted for Steve and Graham who put in so much hard work running the team. It has a knock on effect for all NL standard riders with only 8 teams running and team places at a premium. Let's hope the new stadium progessses well and 2013 sees a comeback for the Colts.

I spotted this news announced on the Updates FB feed alongside Dan being confirmed for us. It's disappointing in the extreme. Such a shame a sponsor couldn't have been found to cover the costs for this season.

Desperately dissapointing ,,Now down to 8 teams means nowhere near enough meetings to bring on the young riders to a level where they have a chance of progressing to the premier league..We have to hope there may be a late entry to the league,,or introduce a new competition to boost the number of meetings .. This season is looking poor indeed for young riders unless something is done at the A.G.M...

Desperately dissapointing ,,Now down to 8 teams means nowhere near enough meetings to bring on the young riders to a level where they have a chance of progressing to the premier league..We have to hope there may be a late entry to the league,,or introduce a new competition to boost the number of meetings .. This season is looking poor indeed for young riders unless something is done at the A.G.M...

More disappointing news and even less track time for the young lads now, the opportunities and chances to progress to the PL are getting less and less.

Let's hope the AGM brings some positive news about some new teams or we are in big trouble.

Could Northside be used as a track and perhaps funded in part by the speedway authorities who would match Pound for pound any sponsorship.

Alternatively, have the league campaign with full teams and then seek support from Elite league or Premier league clubs to run a mini league as second halves with four man teams to take on those riders without a club. Surely it would be cheaper to find sponsoship for four man teams then seven and if necessary regionalise it with an overall top four knock out final at the end of the season to decide the overall championship. Better than letting talent go to waste.

If there are only 8 teams competing next year, then my view is that we MUST ride each team home and away twice. Firstly, as stated here, our young riders need all the experience they can get at NL level, and just 7 home and away meetings will not be enough, and also I wouldnt have thought that anybody wants to see the season filled in with meaningless challenge matches - that isn't fair on the paying public either.

I do hope that this mess is sorted out to everybodys satisfaction at the AGM, but I would urge all those taking part to please remember the needs of not only yourselves, but also the young British riders who are trying to make a name for themselves, and also the punters who part with their hard earned cash.

'Ommer 'Um