British Speedway Forum
Midland Robin

Bob Kilby Memorial Meeting Sunday 18th March 2012

Well said mr ore ...sidney crumpie cant do either as hes flying to NZ directly from Oz

parker had his date ok with b,s,p,a last year and his date for his meeting was , sorted out last oct , why can,t swindon do there meeting week later , or sat 17th , sorry seeing messiah , and world champ herbie hancock , know where i,m going with coach load of glasgow fans ,

Naturally bein a glasgow fan i think it goes without saying youll attend sheffield! As for saturdays running speedway on the same night as greyhounds would be a trifle messy potentially lol....heres hoping for good weather and TWO big turnouts

Bob sadly passed away in January 2009 so not particularly accurate and even more disrespectful to imply memorials could have been held in advance of this. Two meetings held so far both originally set for Thursdays 18/3/10 and 22/9/11, although the first was rained off and only then rescheduled for the following Sunday. Never let facts get in the way of a good dig though.

I would not expect Bob's family to be forced to stick to the established Thursday staging dates for this meeting though if they can be more successful by running on the Sunday. Nor would I expect Shane to be forced to change a long established date but I am not trying to create an anti Parker thread either.

These are not a GP where we want to see the top riders but should be where respect to both riders can be given. If you genuinely want to show support therefore it would not depend on the field but the desire to contribute to a decent pay day. Although it is 3 times the distance I will be going to Owlerton on that date and not Swindon but I can't imagine anyone else from my locality going to either, even with the world’s best 16 riders in the field. To have two different dates would not make one jot of difference to attendances at either so let’s stop putting the memory of one great rider in direct conflict with a farewell for a universally popular one. And for anyone who says they want to show their respect by being able to attend both meetings it would show more respect to go to one and pop a £50 note in an enveope and send to the other track as a contribution to the fund. I've done it when I can't get to a meeting I would like to attend to ensure that the benefactor didn't lose out by my non attendance. It's so easy.

In 2009 Swindon had a meeting on the Sunday, no idea what it was called but I remember the final was Adams, KK, Pedersen, Lindback (who fell trying to pass Pedersen on the 4th bend). They've also started on the first Sunday in 2010 and 2011 got messed up due to the Polish silencer issue.

In 2009 Swindon had a meeting on the Sunday, no idea what it was called but I remember the final was Adams, KK, Pedersen, Lindback (who fell trying to pass Pedersen on the 4th bend). They've also started on the first Sunday in 2010 and 2011 got messed up due to the Polish silencer issue.

60th Anniversary meeting.

The following year, 2010, the Sunday meeting was the first Bob Kilby memorial.

60th Anniversary meeting. The following year, 2010, the Sunday meeting was the first Bob Kilby memorial.

You are 100% correct regarding both these meetings Matt altough Bob's memorial in 2010 was held on the Sunday following a rain off on the original scheduled Thursday date. The 60th anniversary meeting was exactly that and nothing to do with Bob's memorial. For SCB to state therefore that there have been 3 or 4 Bob memorials all held on a Sunday, which was posted in support of a recommendation that Shane should change the date of his meeting, was blaze and factually incorrect on several levels. It seems it was just posted to support an anti Shane stance of another poster.

There is room for both these meetings so it is quite pathetic for some posters to try to set one against the other. However if that floats their boat I would expect some accuarcy in the supportive nformation. Sadly, unlike your own accurate details, some have made up "facts" to try to support their own bias.

Nice of Magic to ride with Greg at Sheffield rather than the club who gave him his chance in British speedway.

Nice of Magic to ride with Greg at Sheffield rather than the club who gave him his chance in British speedway.

Was he asked to ride at Swindon then?

For SCB to state therefore that there have been 3 or 4 Bob memorials all held on a Sunday, which was posted in support of a recommendation that Shane should change the date of his meeting, was blaze and factually incorrect on several levels. It seems it was just posted to support an anti Shane stance of another poster.

Sorry but what? Where have I said any of that? What I said is that Swindon have had a meeting on the Sunday for 3 or 4 years now. Turns out it was 3. So that is a erm, FACT. That wasn't made up either. Thats not anti-Shane Parker it's not stating an opinion one way or the other. Shane can have his meeting whenever he wants but before his fans go on about Swindon stealing the date, they may want to check the facts.

As it is, the only dates that people in this country cannot run meetings are when they clash with shared events or the British GP. So Shane is welcome to run on the same day as Swindons meeting but then I don't think anyone has said he shouldn't, just people moaning that Swindon shouldn't run the day of Shanes meetings. Lots of meetings often clash with testimonials, why should Shane be a special case?

Edited by SCB

Was he asked to ride at Swindon then?

You'd have to assume he was being a Swindon assett but maybe Gary can clarify the answer???.

Maybe he wants to try out his bikes on a new track (new to him) rather than a track he's done 982 laps round :unsure:

Maybe he wants to try out his bikes on a new track (new to him) rather than a track he's done982 laps round :unsure:

How many engine failures. :P

The answer is probably that the lad can relate more to Shane Parker than Bob Kilby.

From

http://www.swindonrobins.co/

FORMER Swindon favourites Lee Richardson and Sebastian Ulamek will return to the club for their opening meeting of the season. Richardson, who will ride for Lakeside once again this season, and new Birmingham signing Ulamek will be alongside Danish duo Nicolai Klindt and Nicki Pedersen at the Bob Kilby Memorial on Sunday, March 18. More at

http://www.swindonro...php?extend.1581

Personally couldnt give a monkeys chuff where Janowski rides...cant say i was always that thrilled watching him at the Stade last season...no loss....personally i'd stick him and Miedzinski on e-bay...99p start.

Good to see an ex Swindon theme developing...would give some of the current side an incentive to impress...also nice to see Seba back

Big announcement tomorrow. Will be very popular.

Give us a clue is it a star added to Bob,s day?

Yes Midland Robin give a clue.

Are his initials T C ?