British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
waco

British Under 21 Championship Dudley 24th April

Firstly Dekker, what an ungracious comment :sad: . Here is my opinion, and i appreciate some people may have seen this differently.

Well how the rain missed Monmore I,ll never know, right up to a few hundred metres from the stadium, there were puddles of water at the roadside, and i was thinking here we go again another bladdy rain off, but then miracuously, it was dry, and the meeting was on, and we were in for what was to become more than almost 3 hours of thrills and spills and Fireworks both on and off Track, interspersed with some junior races. Lots of falls, at least 10 at the last count, 1 race with only 1 finisher, some passing, and bucket loads of effort from all the riders, which resulted for a busy night for track staff and first aiders, and at the end, whilst there were some bent bikes, and some bruised and aching riders, i dont think there were any serious injuries.

Tom Perry; probably the most entertaining rider on show, in most of his races he made at least one pass, deserved his overall 2nd place.

Kyle Howarth; another who rode consistantly, and was deserving of his rostrum finish, passed by Tom pom in the final.

Rob Branford; Rob fell when in 3rd in his 1st race, consistant but for me, his bike seemed down on power.

Ben Morley; Ben was always in the action though he to seemed a little outpaced.

Marc Owen; Can best be described as a inconsistant night, rode well for little reward, and took a heavy fall, withdrew from his last two rides.

Kyle Newman; Kyle was always in the thick of the action, unluckily disqualified in his semi final, could have gone either way.

Joe Haines; Joe deserved this win after his serious injuries, not spectacular, but won the important races ie semi and Final.

Adam Wrathall; I think Monmore is not one of Adams favourite track, and it showed at times, but plenty of effort.

Steve Worrall; Steve was never worse than 2nd in any of his programmed rides, took a heavy fall in his semi, missed the gate in the rerun, and couldnt get past.

Ashley Morris; A dissapointing night for Ashley, never recovered from a poor start, then seemed to be overiding.

Stefan Nielsen; will be pleased with his points return which included 2 race wins and a fall, promising.

Richie Worrall; unbeaten by an opponent when he finished, a case of what might have been, appeared to be different class.

James Sarjeant; a night he will want to forget, at least three falls, and withdrew from his last race, his time will come.

Jerran Hart; when he gated he won well, missed out on a Semi spot, when he was excuded for causing a race to be stopped.

Jason Garrity; mixed night for Jase, which included a costly fall, and machine failure, which meant he couldnt qualify for a semi.

Joe jacobs; another who tried his heart out, this will be a good experience for Joe, his turn will come.

Ben Reade <res> ben picked up 3 rides and notched 3 points from them.

All in all, on a cold night, and a over run meeting, due almost entirely to the numerous falls, reruns, and fence repairs, i enjoyed it, ALL the riders have to be complimented on there efforts on a sometimes greasy Track which didnt get any easier as the night wore on, and the dew/frost came down, almost every race had some sort of incident, due to a combination of the above and the young riders enthusiasm to do well, when the riders did fall, they were usually back on there feet and clearing the track, unless they were winded from the fall. Well worth the Tenner admission, and again well done to everyone, Oh and despite running late, still managed to fit in the 6 junior races, so a special well done for that, and congratulations Joe Haines Under 21 Champion 2012.

Well reported as it saves me a load of time writing much the same. Pity for Richie that a clutch beat him and not a rider but that's the brakes(breaks sorry) in speedway. I went home satisfied with what I had seen; in fact it was like the semi at Stoke with all the falls and failure of the start line and time taken, see it does happen all over; even at the best of tracks. Well done to Joe on being champ and hope this leads to him getting his career back to where it promised to be a few years back. Hope all that fell are ok and able to take their place in their future riding commitments. Thanks to Wolves for putting it on a super show.

It just shows how opinions can be so different.

First visit to Monmore after 7 years and considering the weather in surounding districts, it was amazing how good the track condition was, that said what a poor display from the referee. No continuity of racing, forget the falls. To see the lads straight back to the pits every time a race was stopped, not because anyone was hurt, who knows for what. The finish time had very little to do with the stoppages, it was all down to a poorly ran meeting.

Ask the numerous Wolves and even several Dudley fans who left at 10pm.

It was great to see Joe Haines win and surely a much needed confidence booster. Tom Perry was the rider of the night and desperately unlucky.

It was well worth the tenner, but wont be going to another BSPA staged event.

Secsy1, I thought the referee did really well. Seemed to get virtually all the decisions (and there were plenty to make) correct, had the two-minute warning on virtually before the previous race had finished and generally cracked on as quickly as possible.

The U21 is always a long meeting; these are young racers whose reach frequently exceeds their grasp.

Couldn't be happier for Haines, who was the first to admit he'd ridden his luck with the semi-final stoppage and then finding himself off the best gate for the bungee cord start. Previously in his career, if he didn't have bad luck he had no luck at all. Congratulations too to Perry, who was delighted with his podium spot, and to Kyle Howarth.

Commiserations to Richie Worrall, who went so close, and to Jason Garrity, who had the bulk of what misfortune was going. I know there's a panto relationship between Garrity and the Dudley fans, but I had to sympathise with him especially after he ploughed selflessly into the fence in heat 10 to avoid the first bend faller Richie Worrall instead of laying it down and piling into him. Full marks.

Well done Joe Haines, the lad has had more bad luck in his four years than most riders have in a career so deserves a break. Out of interest why was Kyle Newman the only rider seeded to the world qualifiers?

Kyle has been seeded to the Qualifier at Neustadt,this Sunday,29th April.

http://www.speedway.org/

I can only assume that its because he has all the required licences to ride in International events.They take forever to sort out,and a lot of money too!

• Like 1

Where did Richard Lawson finish?

BRITISH UNDER-21 CHAMPIONSHIP FINAL, Dudley

SCORERS: Richie Worrall 12, Tom Perry 12, Kyle Howarth 11, Steve Worrall 11, Joe Haines 11, Kyle Newman 9, Stefan Nielsen 8, Robert Branford 7, Jerran Hart 7, Jason Garrity 7, Joe Jacobs 5, Ashley Morris 5, Ben Reade (reserve) 5, Ben Morley 4, Marc Owen 2, Adam Wrathall 1, James Sarjeant 0

Semi-Final: Haines, Howarth, S.Worrall, Newman (f.exc)

Final: Haines, Perry, Howarth, R.Worrall (exc.tapes)

I enjoyed this meeting,gutted for Richie,head and shoulders the best rider on show,looked a different class

Howarth,Steve and Haines looked good as did Kyle Newman,to many big falls for him though,

Tom Perry looked good around his home track,i thought he was going to nick it in the final,Garrity looked out of sorts due to a nasty crash or to,Morris was poor at best,expected more from him around his home track

good meeting all in all!

Can I just check, the BSPA have Reade down for 5 points, I made it 3 & a previous poster on here did (sorry I can't remember said it)?

Can I just check, the BSPA have Reade down for 5 points, I made it 3 & a previous poster on here did (sorry I can't remember said it)?

Three points.

Thoroughly enjoyed the meeting last night. Saw 28 heats for a tenner! You don't get value like that in the EL! Was really gutted for Richie as I feel he was head and shoulders above the rest, but luck wasn't with him last night unfortunately. Hope this victory gives Joe Haines the boost he needs to move up a notch and realise his potential. Was pleased for Kyle Howarth too - he really is coming on in leaps and bounds this season. And full marks to Tom Perry, who was undoubtedly the most entertaining rider on show.

Overall a great night of entertainment.

good meeting and well done joe tom and kyle infact well done to all riders, think it would have been even better if all lads had more meeting under there belts this year i spoke to a few that only have nl teams and it was there 3rd 4th meeting of season but thems the breaks. A word on ashley Morris he had bike problems in first 2 then swapped bike but he s got time like most of these lads only 17/18

Well done to Joe on another U21 final win , lets hope he can kick on and get back to the form he showed a few years ago.

Good result for Kyle Howarth too. ;)

Well done Kyle so pleased for you with your 3rd place rostrum finish :) .

Congrats to Joe, surprise winner for me!