British Speedway Forum
stratton

Are Bjerre And Lindgren Gp Careers In The Balance?

After watching on saturday, do Bjerre and Lindgren need to step up to the plate in the gp series?I like them both, and i think they have the ability but is time passing them by now.They are not young as in exsperience wise but if they are not in the top 8 should they get a place.N.Pedersen i was wrong,the ability is there and he can still be a threat where i thought maybe he was on the downslide.I said at the start that only 4 riders could win the title Hampel,Gollob, Hancock,Crump i see nothing to change my mind which is a bit worrying.

Bjerre has qualified by right but seems to be treading water really, not challenging for top 3. Lindgren is a good league rider but not top 8 GP standard and won't be until Hancock/Gollob/Crump drop out. I would say Bjerre will be ok as he'll keep scraping 7/8th and Lindgren should be ditched along with Harris next season.

Quite simply we are lacking world class riders. Who would you replace them with? Darcy Ward is the obvious but beyond that there is nobody. Im no fan of Bjerre and yes he had a bad GP but him and definatly Lindgren are in the top 16 riders in the world. The standard at the bottom is poor this year with Bjarne (tho had a good gp) Hans, Harris, Ljung probably never gonna win one or get close so who if Bjerre and Lindgren miss out which could happen, would go in that is any better? Not Janowski maybe Billy Hamill in a couple of years!! Personally if Tai keeps going maybe him.

Whilst the NZ GP was quite entertaining and I have absolutely nothing against Greg Hancock, the fact that 40 or nearly 40 somethings continue to dominate the SGP demonstrates the lack of talent coming through the ranks. It's highly likely that Hancock, Gollob and possibly even Crump will all hang up their leathers in the not too distant future, and who's there to replace them?

The current SGP lineup could well claim to be the weakest in history... :blink:

Whilst the NZ GP was quite entertaining and I have absolutely nothing against Greg Hancock, the fact that 40 or nearly 40 somethings continue to dominate the SGP demonstrates the lack of talent coming through the ranks. It's highly likely that Hancock, Gollob and possibly even Crump will all hang up their leathers in the not too distant future, and who's there to replace them?

The current SGP lineup could well claim to be the weakest in history... :blink:

Quite amazing when you consider that Gollob won his first world title at close to 40, some riders could go 20 years between an u-21 title and a senior title.

Dear me Kris Ad you do seem totally cluless on some things dont you. Yes Bjerre qualified by right i give you that but the point of the thread is that these 2 riders are around the cut off point each year but continue to qualify and yes if Bjerre comes top 8 he will deserve his place and they are both lucky that there are no real worthwhile contenders to take their place. Look at 2000 for an example LORAM, HAMILL, RICKARDSSON, CRUMP, HANCOCK, ADAMS, GOLLOB, WILTSHIRE was the top 8 followed by sullivan, louis,nilsen,danno, mikeal karlsson,henka,pk,screen and even dugard won a gp as a wildcard. With the possible exception of Danno both Bjerre and Lindgren are not as good as any of these guys.

So yes i would have both in the gp next year even if they are 8th and 9th as the quality is so poor nowadays and although Bjerre is a bottling gating tart, Freddie is a racer and these 2 far better than boring Bjarne or Protasiewicz again hell lets get Ulamek back in as well!!!

Bjerre has qualified by right.

What a stupid thread.

My point was i like both riders, yes they are in on merit and yes they are in the top 16 riders in the world.But if they come 9 or 10 th do they keep getting in?Janowski and Ward certainly will get in the series soon.

It's the first GP of the season, for pity's sake.

One Swallow doesn't make a summer (although one made my Sunday arvo in Auckland!) :t:

I would say that Lindback, Sayfutdinov, Holder, Ward easily have the potential to fill the void left by Crump etc. There will also be others along in the next few years able to challenge for honours, no need for doom and gloom about top quality riders for the future in my opinion.

Lindgren qualified for the semi finals and was on the pace and Bjerre broke down twice so not sure quite why their future should be in doubt already.

• Like 2

Bjerre A blown engine and a popped rear tyre from 2 rides and 2 2nd places - so lets right him off

Harris - he must be there, cause he's planning to go out and win his next race

While Bjerre and Lindgren are borderline for top 8 they are definately in the top 16 GP riders so they have every right to be considered if they drop out of the 8. Should ALL riders be made to Qualify for the next seasons GP? that would solve all the problems.

While Bjerre and Lindgren are borderline for top 8 they are definately in the top 16 GP riders so they have every right to be considered if they drop out of the 8. Should ALL riders be made to Qualify for the next seasons GP? that would solve all the problems.

Be great wont happen ever.

Bjerre and Lindgren are completely different.

Bjerre finishes in the Top 8

Lindgren relies on a wildcard.

What makes you think Janowski or Ward would do better than Bjerre; Kenneth is a proven world class rider.

So you want riders to ride in 11 or 12 GP's plus do the qualifiers?