British Speedway Forum
SCOTLAND1314

Moto Gp, 2 And 3

9 hours ago, jrs said:

Cracking Moto3 and Moto2 races at Catalunya yesterday, and thankfully Bagnaia escaped without any fractures after his horrific first lap accident. I really feared the outcome for Bagnaia after being run over by Binder, and it's testimony to the skill and reactions of the other riders that the rest of the field managed to avoid Bagnaia lying in the middle of the track. It was difficult to get back into the race after the restart, after all the other carnage at the start of the race. But it turned into an Aprillia double with Espargaro and Vinales in first and second.

Hopefully Missano next week will be less eventfu,l, though Bastianini looks like he will be missing after two lots of surgery this week and even though Bagnaia says he will try and be fit and ready for Sunday it would be amazing after the battering he took yesterday.

Although I am not a fan of Dixon I thought he rode a brilliant race to take the victory in moto2 from Cannet. After two wins this season I hope he can find the right level of consistency and challenge Acosta and Cannet for the title.

Sad to read the news that Paul Bird, for so long a stalwart of BSB died suddenly yesterday.. He will be badly missed in motorcycling circles. RIP Paul and thoughts are with his family and this sad time.

Moto 3 & 2 were superb but found both Moto GP races quite boring. Never seen anyone pass two people at the last corner like Alonso did.

Bagnaia was a very lucky boy, I expect he will still feel a bit beat up at Misano.

Great ride by Jake and even though he has signed a Moto 2 contract for next season still a few rumours linking him with the Gresini ride.

Shame about Paul Bird but he did live his life to the full.

• Like 1

Has the highlights on C4 gone now? Been away for a few weeks and last week couldn't find the highlights!

On 9/11/2023 at 7:50 AM, dj350z said:

Has the highlights on C4 gone now? Been away for a few weeks and last week couldn't find the highlights!

On itv4 I think

• Like 1

5 hours ago, bruno said:

On itv4 I think

Thanks. I am looking in the wrong place!!! :rolleyes:

So, we know MM93 is leaving Honda, possibly for 12 months but where is he going. Rumours Gressini Ducati, but they won't have 2024 bikes...... will 2023 bikes be good enough for a mullti world champion still capable of top honours?  Could it possibly KTM he going to? Do they have the money he will command? and a 2024 bike? Rumour is Miguel Oliveira could go to Honda......apparently he is good at developing a bike, which is what Honda needs. If he goes to Honda that will leave a seat on an Aprillia.... but is it a 2024 bike? Reckon we should hear something very soon. Wherever he goes I hope it stirs MotoGP up as I find it a bit stale. I not happy with the sprint race at every GP....too much for riders at this level. 

Any thoughts.

22 hours ago, OveFundinFan said:

So, we know MM93 is leaving Honda, possibly for 12 months but where is he going. Rumours Gressini Ducati, but they won't have 2024 bikes...... will 2023 bikes be good enough for a mullti world champion still capable of top honours?  Could it possibly KTM he going to? Do they have the money he will command? and a 2024 bike? Rumour is Miguel Oliveira could go to Honda......apparently he is good at developing a bike, which is what Honda needs. If he goes to Honda that will leave a seat on an Aprillia.... but is it a 2024 bike? Reckon we should hear something very soon. Wherever he goes I hope it stirs MotoGP up as I find it a bit stale. I not happy with the sprint race at every GP....too much for riders at this level. 

Any thoughts.

Gresini does seem a done deal, the 2023 Ducati will be much more competitive than a 2024 Honda.

Would expect Zarco on the official HRC Honda with Lecouna on the LCR.

Pol is out at Gas Gas with Acosta coming in.

4 hours ago, Tim G said:

Gresini does seem a done deal, the 2023 Ducati will be much more competitive than a 2024 Honda.

Would expect Zarco on the official HRC Honda with Lecouna on the LCR.

Pol is out at Gas Gas with Acosta coming in.

Well at 6:40 pm Monday 6th Oct still no confirmation where he is going. If Gresini is a done deal whey no announcement. All we know he is leaving Honda, and Honda has conformed that. grissini, nor any other team has confirmed they have signed him.  Strange.

2 hours ago, OveFundinFan said:

Well at 6:40 pm Monday 6th Oct still no confirmation where he is going. If Gresini is a done deal whey no announcement. All we know he is leaving Honda, and Honda has conformed that. grissini, nor any other team has confirmed they have signed him.  Strange.

Only one seat left in Moto GP so I can’t see him quitting Honda without a ride.

Maybe Gresini wanted the Honda news out of the way before announcing him along with maybe a new sponsor like Red Bull. 

Only managed to see the talent cup race in Mandalika today and it was a real scrap between two riders who broke well away from the group and who are both joining Moto3 next season, passing and repassing continuously even deliberately taking each other wide on turns to try and make a break but they were glued together right to the end.

Martin is now leading the championship, poor day for Bagnia, qualified P13 and finished P8 in sprint race. So that should all make for an interesting race tomorrow, with Marini on pole alongside Vinales and Espargaro.  Moto2 Q ended with seventeen riders within 0.8 sec behind Canet, Gonzalez and Salac, with Pedro 4th.

Amazing how fortunes can change in racing. In the big boys class first three across the line within 0.4 seconds, but a very strange race, and moto3 dished up the usual fest of close racing.

Feel a bit gutted few Di G, another strong race today yet he gets dumped for crasher and bike wrecker Marquez (23 crashes so far this season). I think if old  man Gressini were still here he probably wouldn't have let him go.  But it's a tough world in Motogp.

I feel a bit sad what’s going on in motoGP these days.Seems fairness and in some cases contracts are being broken and no one seems to care. Last year, Remy Gardener and Darren Binder were booted out. Both didn’t do too bad as rookies. Don’t know if contracts then were broken but this year. Pol Espargaro gets kicked out of his ride for 2024,  Di Giantonio is getting the boot to find space for MM. And Acosta is in from Moto2

So Vinales has turned down the Repsol ride and Zarco has rules himself out from it, it looks like Aleix is touting himself for the ride.

I can’t remember Honda ever being in such a mess and you can’t blame Marquez for jumping ship if he wants to win another title.

Hopefully we get a full weekend of racing this weekend but the weather forecast is not good.

If I was Aleix I would stick with Aprilia. It’s a winning machine IMO. If he goes to Honda it would be money that’s the attraction. If MM can’t tame the Honda machine everyone else is in trouble.

There was me with plans for tomorrow early morning to be up in time to watch the MotoGP live .

Went to check latest practice times this morning and qualifying results, only to find its cancelled tomorrow and the race was actually brought forward to this morning and I’d missed it all.  What a bugger eh. Very pleased for Digi getting his first podium especially as he is being dumped by Gresini. I never realised that Zarco had never won a MotoGP race before

as far as I can make out the sprint will run on Sunday along with moto2 and Moto3 if the weather conditions are safe enough. An unresolved tech problem with Ogdens  bike means he won’t be racing in the morning..

Moto 3 in Thailand must have been the race of the year and the Moto Gp was bloody good aswell.

big mistake by Dixon in Moto 2.