British Speedway Forum
SCOTLAND1314

Moto Gp, 2 And 3

And on to Qatar today, and  an interesting qualifying day and another sprint race which saw Martin close the gap to 7 points on Bagnia.. It wasn't easy for Martin as he had to force his way past Bagnia twice during the race and the slow  starting Digi who dropped from second on the grid to sevenrh and then worked his way back up to second and push Martin to the finish.

Sad to see Aleix Espargaro back to his nasty self punching Morbidellii's helmet during qualifying. He was very lucky to get away with only a six place penalty and a fine of 10K.  If it was left to him he'd be the self declared World Champion lol.

Fingers crossed it will be a cracking GP tomorrow with an unusual front row of Marini, DiGi, and Alex Marquez.

• Like 1

Fabulous win for Diggi and thoroughly deserved , he's been the fastest man throughout the weekend. Considering Ciabatti's comments  after the race, that he is amazed that Fabio hasn't been given a motogp place for next year, well with all Ciabatti's power in Ducati it's a bit disappointing that he hasn't used his influence to get him a ride. Pramac must be kicking themselves for the opportunity that they lost yesterday with Martin going backwards  and leaving a 21 point gap to Bagnia.

Excellent  moto3 race as usual, but I wasn't impressed with the way some Honda riders ganged up on Sasaki to keep him  wide and well behind Massia so that he lost his chance of challenging for the Championship. I think Sasaki has been the most consistent in moto3 by a long way and deserved to win.

• Like 1

Some fantastic racing in all 3 classes.  Moto3 is as hairy on those bikes as it was back in the days of 125cc.  Is it now 2 years or 3 the two Brits have been in Moto3? Whatever, seems slow progress, they don’t seem to be moving forward and full of excuses for not improving.      Moto2, I come to the conclusion we not going to see Jake Dixon in MotoGP any time soon, going to need to focus on another Brit hopeful, and it doesn’t look like it will be Bradley Ray either.    MotoGP, gutted for Martin, clearly fast in the Saturday race, then clearly in trouble right from the start in Sundays race. I hope it really was a bad tyre from Michelin, though it looks like one bad in the whole weekend……what chances of that. I would hate to see any fiddling going on to help Bagnia been WChamp again.  Can’t believe DiGi winning, well deserved, but where was he earlier on in the season?  I know it is only his 2nd year in top class so perhaps it was a case of “gain the experience then it all comes together”.  But, you can see a pattern with some other riders. They get to the second half of the season when contracts are due, then they improve. I know not many contracts were expiring 2023 but look at Alex Marquez. Ever since Marq has been signed to the same team for 2024 Alex has taken a massive leap forward. As if “oh I better perform better, big brothers coming and he will be fighting up front, and I am going to look a wally and loose my seat fro 2025”.  I’m glad Alex is up there, but just saying.

Overall, I hope MotoGP,2,3 is not going the way of F1…… a travelling circus. Since the F1 fiasco of 2021 when the last lap of the last race was fudged I hardly watched F1 since. If the bike GP turn into a circus show then I could easily move away from that too.

It's the final day of the season for Motogp. The sprint race was the usual scrappy affair before it settled down and Martin dramatically cut Bagnia's lead to seven points, by winning the sprint with Bangnia fifth holding off Diggi. Strange practice sessions yesterday with Martin harassing Bagnia. Hope it will be a fair race tomorrow without penalties.

Managed to see the GP race today. Really good, could have done with DiGi getting In front of Bagnia but but to be. Quartararo does amazingly well on a bike that's not fast enough, all he can do is ride every race to the limit, today it didn't pay off.  All Martin can do tomorrow is get to the front and slow the race down, difficult I know, and other riders put the pressure on Bagnia. I always like different riders to win world titles. You may only get one chance and if Martin doesn't get it this year things may go completely different next year.

• Like 1

Live coverage on ITV of the final races of the season 

19 hours ago, DSC67 said:

Live coverage on ITV of the final races of the season 

Managed to see the Moto3 race. After last weeks terrible show to stop Sausalito winning he got revenge this week with a win, but still he lost the chance to be world champion in his last season in Moto3.

Will have to catch up tonight (Monday) to see highlights of Moto2 and MotoGP.

3 hours ago, OveFundinFan said:

Managed to see the Moto3 race. After last weeks terrible show to stop Sausalito winning he got revenge this week with a win, but still he lost the chance to be world champion in his last season in Moto3.

Will have to catch up tonight (Monday) to see highlights of Moto2 and MotoGP.

It was an eventful day Ove. I won't say any more at the moment, in case you don't know the result !!

• Like 1

On 11/27/2023 at 8:43 AM, jrs said:

It was an eventful day Ove. I won't say any more at the moment, in case you don't know the result !!

I convinced myself that Jake Dixon is not going to make it to MotoGP, after watching him on Sunday. Inn what should have been a defence of his 3rd place in tha championship a young but talented youngster pinched it off him. Not enough fire on his belly to make it in MotoGP.

MotoGP, pity Martin couldn't take this race to Bagnia like he did Saturday. Another spectacular high side from MM. DiGi did well, again, and pleased he got a Ducati ride for next year, though he still will be a year behind machinery wise.

Here we go again   :)  It's good to have Motogp back again with qualifying in Qatar today. Yesterdays practice was a bit mixed with rain causing an unexpected start to the season,  the dry sessions provided the first chance to see if there will be much change in the hierarchy. They all seemed to do well but until the actual races  it will be difficult to really have an objective view on it. Acosta went very well and looks set to continue his rise to the top, of last years risers and surprises Diggia went well in the top 6 for most of the sessions. Will 93 be at it again and riding into people again this year, who knows,  I hope not.

Motogp qualifying this morning then the sprint race this afternoon.

As you can tell I'm looking forward to it  !!

• Like 2

Anyone know if highlights are on itvx again 

9 hours ago, bruno said:

Anyone know if highlights are on itvx again 

ITV4 Monday night 8 pm 

• Like 2

On 3/18/2024 at 11:21 AM, Tim G said:

All races live on ITV 3/4 this weekend 

Is this for the season Tim do you know or selected races?

2 hours ago, TesarRacing said:

Is this for the season Tim do you know or selected races?

It's usually the season. Should be on tonight, I not checked yet but the whole of the races were on over the weekend....that is rare.