British Speedway Forum
SCOTLAND1314

Moto Gp, 2 And 3

On 10/11/2022 at 11:30 PM, jrs said:

Young Victor Steeman has sadly lost the fight for his life and passed away today. Just when his career was on the verge of taking off and he was lying second in the World Supersport 300championship, and had just taken the lead in Saturdays race when the accident happened.. a devastating  day for his family and friends, and as his parents said in passing he was able to help save five other people by donating his organs. 
RIP Victor #72 will be remembered

His mother has now died of a heart attack; shocking week for the family.

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, Tim G said:

His mother has now died of a heart attack; shocking week for the family.

That's almost inconceivable, unbelievably tragic and sad for his family. RIP Flora :(

Re Franco Morbidelli on Thailand.  I know he had a bad injury and takes time to recover. But he done nothing all year, not been a help to Yamaha/Quatararo chance of a second world championship, turns up in Thailand, qualifies straight to Q2 and promptly finishes qualification higher then Quatararo, Bagnaia and Alex Espargaro.. the three championship contenders. What he been doing all year…. Resting on the fact he already signed a deal until the end of 2023?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, OveFundinFan said:

Re Franco Morbidelli on Thailand.  I know he had a bad injury and takes time to recover. But he done nothing all year, not been a help to Yamaha/Quatararo chance of a second world championship, turns up in Thailand, qualifies straight to Q2 and promptly finishes qualification higher then Quatararo, Bagnaia and Alex Espargaro.. the three championship contenders. What he been doing all year…. Resting on the fact he already signed a deal until the end of 2023?

Just think that Yamaha is so bad that nobody except Fabio has been able to ride it.

• Like 1

Thought Fabio had a much better race yesterday, but unless Bagnia falls or the bike fails it's goodbye to the title. He's had a horrible second half of the season with too many mistakes, and I think Bagnia has been more consistent, though as he admits he is susceptible to being put under pressure. I'll still be rooting for Fabio, but sometimes I feel he doesn't take it seriously enough.  Not as entertaining as the Aussie GP, but when will we ever see the first  seven across the line all within a second  of the winner Rins.

Biggest balls up yesterday was Ogura pushing hard on the last lap and dropping it , when he should have settled for second, but now he has given Fernandez a handy championship lead for the final race..

• Like 3

A superb win for John McPhee in what was another crazy Moto 3 race , really pleased for him 

• Like 5

In Aussie it was MotoGP riders that gave the most excitement, yesterday it was Moto3 riders that gave me the most. Fantastic ride from John McPhee, 22nd on the grid to 1st, that is amazing and unusual for the smaller bikes. I do hope John gets a good bike for next year wherever he goes.                         
It looks like Bagnia will get the MotoGP championship this year.  Best chance Fabio Q has is that Bagnis relaxes and goes for anything in the top 12. That’s when you can catch yourself out or get caught up in place battles and perhaps take a fall.

A sad end today to Eugene Lavertys's final race of his career in WSBK and Motogp when he crashed in Philip Island resulting in being flown to Melbourne hospital with a pelvic injury.  Best wishes to him for a good recovery and his retirement into management and ownership

• Like 2

Here we go, it's back to Portugal today and qualifying, and the new sprint race on Saturdays.

Sad to say but I've been waiting for this all winter. I just hope the weather is better in Portugal than it is here.

Good to see Jack Miller top the charts yesterday after his move to KTM.

And on the other side of the coin, really sad to see that Pol is quite badly injured after his accident yesterday in practice. Hopefully he'll be back on that bike again before too long. He certainly needs a better year.

The sprint race was sensational, riders not worrying about tyres life made it exciting.

So happy to see MM back especially after watching the Amazon documentary to see what he has been through.

Unlucky for Enea and he will now miss tomorrow’s race.

• Like 2

Thanks for update on MotoGPs. I am still with BT but not renewed BT Sport due to wanting to cut monthly spending. Something had to go and it was BTSport. I kept Discovery+ so I can watch speedway gps, I will just have to get into World Super Bike racing.

Are highlights still on Monday nights, can't remember if it was ITV4 

23 minutes ago, bruno said:

Are highlights still on Monday nights, can't remember if it was ITV4 

Sunday night ITV4 10:15 pm 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, OveFundinFan said:

Thanks for update on MotoGPs. I am still with BT but not renewed BT Sport due to wanting to cut monthly spending. Something had to go and it was BTSport. I kept Discovery+ so I can watch speedwagps, I will just have to get into World Super Bike racing.

Have a look on crash.net every week for details of free live motogp streams. I think they free streamed the sprint race yesterday. And they also gave highlights details.

As Tim said the sprint race was brilliant, had me on the edge of my seat, and I can't wait for the moto3 guys in the first race. No doubt more harum scarum from the youngsters.