British Speedway Forum
SCOTLAND1314

Moto Gp, 2 And 3

10 hours ago, OveFundinFan said:

Thanks for update on MotoGPs. I am still with BT but not renewed BT Sport due to wanting to cut monthly spending. Something had to go and it was BTSport. I kept Discovery+ so I can watch speedway gps, I will just have to get into World Super Bike racing.

I have taken out the Moto GP videopass as didn’t want to be tied into an 18 month BT Sport contract.

I use the app on a firestick and am very impressed with it.

It was about £180 for the season but still cheaper than using BT for me. You also get the back catalogue of races going back years.

• Like 1

Looks like the highlights are on itv4 on Mondays 22.15 - 23.15

7 hours ago, bruno said:

Are highlights still on Monday nights, can't remember if it was ITV4 

Either Monday evening ITV4 or Tuesday evening, one of the two. About 8pm but check it all out.

4 hours ago, bruno said:

Did t see that before I posted the above.

IMO It will be interesting to see how long the punishment for Marquez will be. For me he just gets worse every year, is it a psychological problem, where he still believes he is as good as he used to be. Martin was so lucky not to pick up a bad injury.

Edited by jrs
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, bruno said:

I checked that out and it is correct with the schedule.

• Like 1

Olivera is fortunate no serious injury, that was terrible what MM did. Two long lap penalties not enough. He is reckless enough to barge his way through from any position. 
I not too happy the state of MotoGP at the moment. Ducati have now the best machine, that’s ok, but they domineer the line up with the sheer number of riders on a Ducati on the start line. I do hope Aprilia and Red Bull can be be in the chase. Suzuki gone, and I can’t see Yamaha staying too long if they can be up the fron consistently. Quatararo is too good to be on a poor machine.

• Like 2

Racing at Portimao seemed rather hectic from what I saw.  I hope there are some survivors from this this weekends battle.

3 hours ago, Tim G said:

It’s going to be a small Moto GP grid this weekend!!

Maybe it's time to pinch some new rules from another motorcycle sport, and allow a few guest riders to make up the field.

Perhaps it's the Marquez plan to gradually wipe out the rest of the field , only joking  ;)  I think it's a good thing that he's not in Argentina this weekend though.

I simply don't understand the decision to only impose a two long lap penalty on Marquez. I would have thought a two race ban would have been about right. But then Dorna would lose one of their big draw cards. He was wild and he could have caused no end of damage.

• Like 1

Good idea, wouldn’t mind seeing Toprak and Rea in the Moto GP race this weekend.

I also thought a ban was deserved but maybe one race. How about make it fair and you’re banned for as long as the rider you have injured is out for.

I’m happy to see his double long lap penalty carries over to when he is fit.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Tim G said:

Good idea, wouldn’t mind seeing Toprak and Rea in the Moto GP race this weekend.

I also thought a ban was deserved but maybe one race. How about make it fair and you’re banned for as long as the rider you have injured is out for.

I’m happy to see his double long lap penalty carries over to when he is fit.

I have given you a “like” for the idea of banning the culprit of a bad race incident for as long as the injured rider is not fit to race.                    
I cannot see the benefit of Toprak/Rea etc having an occasional race in MotoGP. The bikes are so different, brakes for example. It would take a lot more than one race to get used to the differences thus nullifying what was meant to be achieved. And of course, getting used to a MotoGP bike is one problem to overcome, then moving back to WSB would be a problem too, the whole episode probably ruining their chance of winning a WSB championship.                
 Toprak didn’t really want to come to MotoGP a couple years ago.…… more than likely because Yamaha could not provide a competitive bike for him. They had Quatararo and Morbidelli on contract in MotoGP..  Reas bike manufacturer doesn’t even have a MotoGP bike for him to race. Bautista of course rode in MotoGP until 4/5 years ago and I don’t think it was a Ducati.

• Like 1

Anyone else think the Marquez incident was just a matter of time. I like Marc but that was reckless

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bruno said:

Anyone else think the Marquez incident was just a matter of time. I like Marc but that was reckless

I think there have been incidents in the past where Marc has been reckless, but this time around it did seem to be a genuine misjudgement that had a bad outcome.

He has said that it wasn't his intention to even attempt a pass on Martin at that point, but a big front end lock, on a tyre that possibly wasn't up to full temperature yet, forced him to try and take evasive action to avoid the back of Martin. Unfortunately that just took him into Oliveira.

It looked crazy, but these guys are constantly on the limit and mistakes like this do happen. 

7 hours ago, OveFundinFan said:

I have given you a “like” for the idea of banning the culprit of a bad race incident for as long as the injured rider is not fit to race.                    
I cannot see the benefit of Toprak/Rea etc having an occasional race in MotoGP. The bikes are so different, brakes for example. It would take a lot more than one race to get used to the differences thus nullifying what was meant to be achieved. And of course, getting used to a MotoGP bike is one problem to overcome, then moving back to WSB would be a problem too, the whole episode probably ruining their chance of winning a WSB championship.                
 Toprak didn’t really want to come to MotoGP a couple years ago.…… more than likely because Yamaha could not provide a competitive bike for him. They had Quatararo and Morbidelli on contract in MotoGP..  Reas bike manufacturer doesn’t even have a MotoGP bike for him to race. Bautista of course rode in MotoGP until 4/5 years ago and I don’t think it was a Ducati.

I was more referring to JRS’s joke about bringing in guests which was.a knock on speedway,  My reply about Rea and Toprak was tongue in cheek and not serious.

Sorry for any confusion caused.

Bautista did ride a Ducati in Moto GP before he moved to WSB.