British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
orderly

Nathan Stoneman

Yet another good nights racing from Nathan scored 10 from 5 away at the IOW

This lad is a star of the future yet he never gets a mention at Somerset on a Friday night or a mention in the program and never on the web site.

From what I have been told Nathan should be signing for Somerset in September, surely this in not a way to treat a future asset, pull your finger out Somerset or you could lose him to another track. You have been warned..................

Yet another good nights racing from Nathan scored 10 from 5 away at the IOW

This lad is a star of the future yet he never gets a mention at Somerset on a Friday night or a mention in the program and never on the web site.

From what I have been told Nathan should be signing for Somerset in September, surely this in not a way to treat a future asset, pull your finger out Somerset or you could lose him to another track. You have been warned..................

Perhaps they didn't want anyone to know that they were going to sign him (for whatever reason)?

If young Nathan is a Brit dont think Ipswich would be interested :0))

If young Nathan is a Brit dont think Ipswich would be interested :0))

As opposed to the all British Rebels!!!

Well even if both Clubs want him it would be good to see to club fight over a British rider for a change. :)

Well said Greg

A least Somerset signed 3 British riders from the start, how many did Ipswich sign "0" in fact they sacked British riders to make room for Aussies and only the fact that the unfortunate injury to Morten Risager paved the way for Leigh Lanham got a chance. So don’t you dare criticize other clubs

You see, this sort of post really winds me up. Which British rider who is sitting without a club, should Ipswich have signed and in place of which current Ipswich rider?

Thank god our promotion don't include British riders just for the sake of including a British rider. We had 3 Brits last year, and won naff all, until we won the Fours with two Aussies, two Danes and a Frenchman. Its a business, and the idea is to put together the best possible 1-7 you can to give yourself the best possible chance of success and to attract as many fans through the gate as possible.

Chris Louis has already lamented the fact that this year's side didn't include a British rider, but it just so happened with the numbers game, the best team available to him just didn't include a Brit. So be it.

He has though, included a handful of promising young Brits as part of the promotional team at Mildenhall that maybe, will prove good enough to eventually be included in future Ipswich teams.

Edited by CardinalSin
  • Like 2

As opposed to the all British Rebels!!!

You see, this sort of post really winds me up. Which British rider who is sitting without a club, should Ipswich have signed and in place of which current Ipswich rider?

Thank god our promotion don't include British riders just for the sake of including a British rider. We had 3 Brits last year, and won naff all, until we won the Fours with two Aussies, two Danes and a Frenchman. Its a business, and the idea is to put together the best possible 1-7 you can to give yourself the best possible chance of success and to attract as many fans through the gate as possible.

Chris Louis has already lamented the fact that this year's side didn't include a British rider, but it just so happened with the numbers game, the best team available to him just didn't include a Brit. So be it.

He has though, included a handful of promising young Brits as part of the promotional team at Mildenhall that maybe, will prove good enough to eventually be included in future Ipswich teams.

I am glad that my post wound you up, maybe now you will understand how posts from you and snackette trying to make out that Ipswich is so perfect winds everybody else up

Edited by starshooter
  • Like 1

I am glad that my post wound you up, maybe now you will understand how posts from you and snackette trying to make out that Ipswich is so perfect winds everybody else up

I, make out nothing of the sort, i think you have me mixed up with someone else. I see you haven't even attempted to challenge my reply on Ipswich' lack of British riders this season. Speaks volumes.

You've saddled Cardinalsin with the wrong company there. He/she is one of the more reasoned Ipswich posters and talks a lot of sense. The points made in the post above are spot on.

To be fair to Mr Snackette, he's said nothing out of place here either. He was quite rightly making the point to "stemoc", who for whatever reason chose to pipe up with an unnecessary comment that Ipswich wouldn't be interested in a British rider, that Somerset are not exactly swimming with Brits either.

Edited by Bloomy

A least Somerset signed 3 British riders from the start, how many did Ipswich sign "0"

And last season Ipswich signed 3 whilst Somerset only signed the one. What is your point exactly? :blink:

All this "your team hasn't got a Brit while mine has" stuff is utter nonsense. All the Brits that are good enough and wanted, were signed. Those that weren't, were deemed not good enough and not wanted. Ipswich swapped Mills and Hart for Tungate and Heeps, pretty hard to argue that they didn't do the right thing.

Perhaps they didn't want anyone to know that they were going to sign him (for whatever reason)?

That wouldn't be the first time I don't think lol

Stoneman looked handy when I saw him at Lynn a fortnight ago but young Josh Bates looked an even better prospect.

Stoneman looked handy when I saw him at Lynn a fortnight ago but young Josh Bates looked an even better prospect.

Being guided by Louis Carr.