British Speedway Forum
waco

Raiders V Fen Tigers Mon 4th June Pm

As it happens Mildenhall are now using their own asset Aaron Baseby, good to see Aaron back in Fen Tiger colours.

Should be an interesting and close meeting, certainly no easy ride for the Fen Tigers, hopefully we can pick up a win!

Will the Raiders line up the same as they did Saturday evening?

Edited by PhilK

My choice would have been any proven no1 , however as ive obviously misunderstood the rules on who could be used { ie , the stupid bspa NEG ruling } im a big enough person to take it back ! What the hell is the reasoning behind not being eligable to guest just because youve had a PL average of over 4 ? I mean what difference does it make ? If any riders current average is below the injured riders one he should be allowed to guest imo . But its all about opinions i suppose !

Edited by Super Blue

My choice would have been any proven no1 , however as i misunderstood the rules on who could be used { ie , the stupid bspa NEG ruling } im a big enough person to take it back ! What the hell is the reasoning behind not being eligable to guest just because youve had a PL average of over 4 ? I mean what difference does it make ? If any riders current average is below the injured riders one he should be allowed to guest imo . But its all about opinions i suppose!

I think you've misunderstood the 'not eligible to guest rule'. It applies to PL teams who need a guest for their weaker reserve (say Heeps tomorrow) or when a rider is missing for a reason not being injury, internationals etc (eg. Gathercole had a longtrack meeting so missed Plymouth's home tie on Friday). I'm pretty sure those riders can still guest for other teams in the NL if they want to.

PhilK where does Baseby fit in? Guest for Heeps & R/R for Jacobs. Good luck if he's in.

Ok just out of curiosity who would you have chosen as a guest if you were in Chris Louis shoes? 8 teams in the league take out milldy and stoke obviousley that leaves 6 teams, As far as i can see the only better option than Ash would have been Royno but in all fairness hes so busy with workington,dudley and Coventry he maybe wouldnt have wanted the booking. Steve Worrall and Tom Perry the other 2 possibilities but both on route back from under 21 meetings. So go on tell who would you have chosen?

As for ipswich i think your being a little unfair - Maybe missing an out and out number 1 but from the bits ive seen this season theres plenty to like, Dakota North and Rohan Tungate in particular are excellent riders.

I also assume that maybe Workington would like to use Roynon in their fixture today, and maybe Newcastle might like to use the Worralls in their side to face Glasgow today? Obviously as long as Mildenhall don't want to use them! Edited by refereerick

I think you've misunderstood the 'not eligible to guest rule'. It applies to PL teams who need a guest for their weaker reserve (say Heeps tomorrow) or when a rider is missing for a reason not being injury, internationals etc (eg. Gathercole had a longtrack meeting so missed Plymouth's home tie on Friday). I'm pretty sure those riders can still guest for other teams in the NL if they want to.

PhilK where does Baseby fit in? Guest for Heeps & R/R for Jacobs. Good luck if he's in.

Baseby is in for Cam.

Good luck to the lads today.Going to be a tough one with Cam and Joe missing,but I'm sure they will put in 110%.

Hopefully there will be a few fans from Mildy there to get behind them.

Looking foward to it.

For Heeps as I understand it.

I'm afraid I can't see any kind of scoreline other than similar to what the Witches just conceded , good luck to the Tigers but without the Cam/Joe spearhead and no logical replacement booked ( no disrespect to Aaron ) I just don't see the rest of the lads having the firepower to keep it close . I hope I'm wrong !

My apologies to the Tigers for doubting them . WELL DONE on the win . ( think i had my cynical Witches hat on at the time )

What a superb all round performance with everyone chipping in .

Might have been a tad different had this line up had faced Stoke or Dudley though .

Always happy to admit when i was wrong when you get a result like this !

• Like 1

Get in there Fen Tigers!!!! Take a bow Stefan Nielsen t.gif

Indeed, what a stunning performance from Stefan Nielsen!!

Great win for us.Missing Cam and Joe was tough.I thought if we could scrape a point we would have done well,but to get all 4 is superb.

1st of all i hope Mason is ok after what was a horrible looking crash.

Stef was a different class today.Nobody got near him.He looked sharp out the gate and was incredibly smooth on the bike.

Fair play to Lewis for letting him through to get his full max.He really has stepped it up since becoming captain.

Everyone chipped in with vital points,although there were a couple of silly mistakes again which cost us a couple of points.

I doubt very much you will go to another Rye home meeting and see Morley have 3 falls.Certainly a one off.I was expecting him to go through the card if i'm being honest.

James Sarjeant.Total tool.Looked obvious to me that Aaron got some un wanted drive which sent him into James.Luckily it didn't take him into the fence.His reaction afterwards was disgraceful.Aaron put his hand up as if to appologize,only for James to headbutt him whilst he was on the floor.The lad needs to be dealt with.Idiot.

Edited by adz_mft
  • Like 1

How old is the lad Nielsen? Anyone seen enough of the lad to think he is ready and could do a job at reserve in the PL?