British Speedway Forum
mdmc82

Speedway World Cup 2012

That is the problem....Len Silver was as much if not more to blame for employing Rasmussen.If all the Promoters got together and made an agreement that no foreigners would be employed in the 2.Division then it wouldn't have changed matters.But you know they will look after themselves....back then and still today.

• Like 1

Fairly sure Mr Silver wasn't running Rye House at the time.

Just checked on wiki and it says Ronnie Russell bought the club in 1984 and closed down in 1993 running with various co-promoters.

Signed Peter Schroek as well as Jens Rasmussen.

oops....think that isn't the first time i have made that mistake....

anyone know of arrangements if Kings Lynn is rained off?

It shall be run tuesday night instead. if that is called off I don't know!

You can bet that (with the current forecast) we will see track covers for the first time on TV in the UK for it.

Fairly sure Mr Silver wasn't running Rye House at the time.

Just checked on wiki and it says Ronnie Russell bought the club in 1984 and closed down in 1993 running with various co-promoters.

Signed Peter Schroek as well as Jens Rasmussen.

Also....the reason Ronnie went down this route was because he felt that he was being blackballed by the other promoters... that there were no options for the heatleader positions .......... Schroek didnt stay long after not getting anywhere near his assessed average.......... Rasmussen stayed, became a club legend, and one of the hardest riders in British 2nd tier racing

Was it worth it? The Rockets were perennial bottom third of the table finishers under Ronnie, with the exception of one season

edit: as far as i'm aware history is being reinvented here re: Razza going to a commision about it........................... the no non commonwealth riders rule in the National & Junior League 'rule' was nothing more than a gentleman's agreement.......... It was Ronnie who broke it ............. and I believe that it was actually Peter Schroek who was signed first anyway

Before riding for and staying loyal to Rye until he retired, Jens Rasmussen was also a good 6 point team man for Hackney for many years........ from what I saw before and after he joined Rye.. he really didnt need anyone to team ride him around

Fair enough. Never heard about Robert Lambert. If he is only 14 then I must admit he seems skilled. You didn't get my point. I didn't try to say that US future is brighter. It was kind of arony. How can you compare USA (with few odd tracks) to GB where you have how many? 25-30 tracks? With such a high numer of tracks/clubs you should be at least close to Poland and Scandinavia. But they produce some talents every year mainly thank's to one simple rule. Fixed numer of local U21 riders in every team. I would be more than happy to watch young Brits every Monday in Elite League and see how they progress as I'm a big fan of British speedway. And I believe it was Chris Louis year or two ago, who said how important for GB speedway it is to follow 'Polish way' and give young Brits places in Elite League teams. Seems that noone listened him and it wasn't even discussed during annual promoters meeting.

The last time something like this was in place was 1987 (??) ...... every British League (EL) club had to field one youngster (I cant remember what the criteria was though) .... In the end it was deemed in true BSPA style to be a resounding failure........... the reason no doubt was because one team was doing particularly well out of it.... Hackney .... because they had a certain Mark Loram who was ripping up the competition

My memory is fading with age, but I think i'm right in saying that they stopped it at the end of that season........ no 5 year plan........ no fortitude amongst the promoters to go out and find or train their own Loram........no understanding that a future world champion may have been born that season

I think our issue has always been about incentive........ no incentive for young lads to get involved..... no incentive for sponsors to have their heads turned...... and full circle back round to no incentive for promoters to invest in youngsters........................................... the initial work is always going to be more expensive and difficult but its essential for what comes later

Edited by spook

Do wish he'd stop faffing about and man up, some of us have racecards to print lol. ;)

Do wish he'd stop faffing about and man up, some of us have racecards to print lol. ;)

Can't see it myself... :(

Can't see it myself... :(

I know i saw a pic of his hand and looked nasty indeed.

Report on bspa website today Scott wants to ride on Monday and get through to the final.

Report on bspa website today Scott wants to ride on Monday and get through to the final.

That is exactly the attitude we need. If it rubs off on the other three we have a chance. If not we will finish 3rd or 4th on Thursday :)

• Like 2

Looks to be showers forecast for both Bydgoszcz and Kings Lynn-hope they don`t come at wrong time.

Just seen this on the Weather Channel website for Bydgoszcz.....

The following alerts are currently active :

Thunderstorms locally with hail can occure accompanied by intense precipitation from 20 to 35 mm, locally to 50 mm and wind gusts to 90 km/h.

Prognozuje si wystpienie burz, lokalnie z opadami gradu, podczas ktrych opady deszczu wynios od 20 mm do 35 mm, lokalnie do 50 mm, a wiatr osignie w porywach okoo 90 km/h.

TWC-Promo-Box.gif

Probably end up being forced to watch bloody Coranation Street. :neutral:

Edited by screm