British Speedway Forum

Can understand Rusty's reasons for calling it a day with the Comets it must be difficult for him with a young family and a full time job to fulfil all his commitments with Workington.

Rusty will be difficult to replace, especially away from home where he has come up with some good scores, eg 10 at Sheffield,10+3 at Glasgow, 8 at Edinburgh,9 at Scunthorpe, 10 at Ipswich.

Best wishes for the future Rusty and thanks for all your efforts for Workington Comets.

What average would Rob Mear be if he wanted to double up? Would be a cracking signing.

rob mear didnt ride in prem league last year so he couldnt double up

wouldnt expect this to be sorted for at least a couple of weeks just cant think off any one suitable 7.20 to play with aparatly ass 7pt rider could be only option or a rider on a lower average thats not gonna do what rusty could achive

Will be R/R on Saturday.....probably.

and sunday which could cost us chance of good ist leg away at leicester in koc

and then away on the friday at somerset

Was alway said to here Rusty has packed up he got a nick name at Lynn in his short time there and was very liked his nick name was DW40.

Can understand Rusty's reasons for calling it a day with the Comets it must be difficult for him with a young family and a full time job to fulfil all his commitments with Workington.

Rusty will be difficult to replace, especially away from home where he has come up with some good scores, eg 10 at Sheffield,10+3 at Glasgow, 8 at Edinburgh,9 at Scunthorpe, 10 at Ipswich.

Best wishes for the future Rusty and thanks for all your efforts for Workington Comets.

Now it doesn't take an Einstein to work out that its alot more than family issues as to Rustys departure, have a little look on Facebook a whole different story on there ;)

Rusty hasn't looked himself at DP for weeks now something wasn't right. Going by Saturdays match the track was slick and bald no schale on it . Its high time that Mr Denham listened to his riders and stopped playing the high and mighty, its the lads that ride the bloody track not him , get your hand in your pocket and put some schale on the track!!!!

These lads bust their gut every week out there and its time they were treat with a bit more respect . We all remember the unhappy camp last season and sudden departures of James and Peter , the team spirit was at a high a couple of weeks ago so lets get it back that way.

R/R will not work for long there are riders out there give them a chance, Arnio,Poole or someone doubling up from the EL, we coming into a busy few weeks ahead don't leave it for weeks on end

Workington can go far this season, come on Jacko back the lads up

Best Wishes to Rusty and hopefully one day you will finish on a high at Workington :t:

Rusty has been a top class act for the Comets for many years. His kit has always been top notch, he has never let anyone down, and has been a complete professional in his approach so far as I can see. He scores well on all Premier League tracks and his 7.2 average stacks up (even when holding a 5 race jacket). I can understand health, family and other work commitments of course.

I can also see frustration at lack of grip for him. On Sat he tried the outside blasts and no grip there. Based on absolutely no facts / information ... maybe he didn't get the nod for the 4's at Peterboro? Mmmm?

Edited by Olga

Rusty has been a top class act for the Comets for many years. His kit has always been top notch, he has never let anyone down, and has been a complete professional in his approach so far as I can see. He scores well on all Premier League tracks and his 7.2 average stacks up (even when holding a 5 race jacket). I can understand health, family and other work commitments of course.

I can also see frustration at lack of grip for him. On Sat he tried the outside blasts and no grip there. Based on absolutely no facts / information ... maybe he didn't get the nod for the 4's at Peterboro? Mmmm?

nobody bgets the nod for the 4's there average dictates who gets entered

http://www.speedwayg...hp?extend.16464

"Going by Saturdays match the track was slick and bald no schale on it . Its high time that Mr Denham listened to his riders and stopped playing the high and mighty, its the lads that ride the bloody track not him , get your hand in your pocket and put some schale on the track!!!!"

Get real..............

:oops::oops:

Edited by topaz325

can people list riders they think can replace rusty im struggleing to come up with any thats sitting on the sidelines that can do a good enough job around the 7.20 average quoted

some have mentioned taylor poole i dont think this is a option as when hes fit i would expect him to return to ipswich or another southern bassed club

for me not a perfect option but knowing how close to the promotion he was topinka could be high up on the list

but if people can quote acurate averages for riders that can replace rusty we can all share our views towards the chance of them replacing him