British Speedway Forum
steve19620

Kings Lynn World Cup 9 July

Middlo and the boys did us all proud tonght but I still think an EF is not acceptable and the two we had tonight cost us the win.

Broken chain and a burnt out clutch. Do they count as engine failures?

snapback.pngFentiger888

I didnt realise we picked riders on passion and not talent!!!!

Passion aint enough, eddie the eagle had passion!!!!

......stevebrum.......If you go by his last few scores for the Bees then that is questionable.

Never looked a threat on the World stage, sadly to say.

Steve...... things aren't always speedway related. :lol: I think he was referring to Eddie the Eagle as in downhill skiing (or whatever it's called) not Ed Kennett.

Simple answer, no.

Advanced answer, if you're 6 behind you can use a tactical.

Cheers dude. So you really are pretty f#cked if one of your team has to withdraw

I love watching Chris Harris when he's in this sort of form. It's like the second coming of Peter Collins.

That's exactly right, the sense of expectation when he's in the right mood & form is so reminiscent of Peter in his heyday, very fast and very fair.

Really enjoyed that meeting and feel proud of the way the British lads took the fight to the Aussies, especially after being written off by many (including a few on here) as no-hopers before a wheel was turned.

Well done Great Britain, keep it going.

• Like 2

Cheers dude. So you really are pretty f#cked if one of your team has to withdraw

Basically. They tried reserved a few years ago if one of your riders got injured, amazingly 3 teams had riders pick up injuries in 1 meeting.

Personally I prefer the idea of a non-riding reserve who can take any 5 rides. If you choose to have Harris as your reserve you can use him in all of the last 5 heats if you like. Or in all 5 of heats 1-5 to get off to a good start. Everyone would have the same rule at their disposal.

Can anyone explain all the goings on in the pits ?

Great ride by Bomber in his last heat, fair ride my friend given the circumstances.

Holder good rider still not a great rider. It may come :wink:

Apparently what I heard was that Bomber's mechanic elbowed Crump who then punched him in the face. I didn't see the incident but saw the aftermath where Bomber's mechanic did look visibly upset. They had to call in security to separate the two teams, it was all handbags in the end. After 2 heats it was all forgotten, people shook hands and laughed and joked away like nothing happened. The Aussie riders were then cheerful and was laughing at the banter between us and them. Everyone was really great especially Noddy!

• Like 1

There is not another race track in the country that could have serve up the quality of racing we saw tonight.. Every rider raves about this track and tonight was a brilliant spectical of speedway racing, as it should be..

The crowd tonight was bigger then last year, (I think 8000 was quoted but thats seems high) If they plan to move it somewhere else next year then they'll have a hard act to follow..

Well done Kings Lynn...You done us proud.........

• Like 1

What a Speedway meeting some awesome racing, just abit gutted we lost it although we did have our fair share of bad luck :-(

Bring on the run offs. well done team gb

I thought the Norfolk Arena capacity was 7,200 but FIM safety regs reduced it further to about 6,800???? Definitely more than last year but not 8,000

There is not another race track in the country that could have serve up the quality of racing we saw tonight..

That is just not true. Whilst the racing was good tonight, I have seen just as good if not better meetings this year at Poole. And I am sure Panthers fans will stick up for their track as well.

That is just not true. Whilst the racing was good tonight, I have seen just as good if not better meetings this year at Poole. And I am sure Panthers fans will stick up for their track as well.

As will Lakeside supporters :wink:

Is Wimborne Road up to FIM standard? .....NO :)

Well that was my first visit to Kings Lynn and was truly amazed.. Free parking in a field outside that was very well organised by the stewards before and after the meeting .. I did make sure I was back to the car quickly after last race though.. Easy access to stadium although basic with fencing to look through to the track is a downer but excellent terraced steps so everyone gets a good view.. And the racing WOW.. Awesome lines inside and outside gave every rider who was brave enough a chance to pass.. Can remember watching a world cup meeting at Peterborough a few years ago that was good and this totally matched it !! Belle Vue next year.. I hope they take lessons from the top tracks as they need to get it right ..

What possible justification could you have for moving it? You mentioned the crowd, well it was a decent crowd, would Wimbourne Rd or the EoES have pulled bigger numbers tonight - can't see it. The weather has been a threat and will certainly have adversely affected the turnout, same would have been true of any track.

Do you just make it up as you go along with your wild claims, you've seen better racing than that this season, yeh right, course you have.

There is not another race track in the country that could have serve up the quality of racing we saw tonight.. Every rider raves about this track and tonight was a brilliant spectical of speedway racing, as it should be..

Pretty much what the Peterborough fans said, the last time they held the same meeting there....

An excellent meeting on an excellent track.

The crowd tonight was bigger then last year, (I think 8000 was quoted but thats seems high) If they plan to move it somewhere else next year then they'll have a hard act to follow..

I was there last year and I reckon that crowd was a lot bigger. I might even dig out my tape of last year to confirm, but there were many wide open spaces last night where last year there was wall-to-wall people.
  • Like 1