British Speedway Forum

I really can not understand why BSI would consider taking the WTC race off and final to Prague there would be such bad crowds on a poor track as shown with GPs staged there. They must be getting one big massive cash payout from Czech tourism board to cover the money they could lose on it.

I think the fairest thing to do is stage it in the UK next year as I'm confident they would get big crowd for final and the race off if GB was in it

• Like 1

Fantastic tonight the way the clowns who run this sport had their mickey mouse rules thrown back in their faces..

As the joker seems to be permanently in place a la 'its a knockout' then why not go the whole hog next year and blindfold the riders with a hession sack hood, give each rider a buxom wench dressed as say a milk maid to represent them, and she can then stand at the start of turn one and shout "LEFT, LEFT, LEFT" as her unsighted rider goes past....

The riders could even carry a bucket of coloured water on their mudguards and their 'buxom maid' could maybe carry a pair of buckets attached to a wooden pole across her shoulders and at the end of the race the rider has to empty what is left of his coloured water into her bucket (oo er missus) and the team who wins the world cup is the one who gets that float on the top of their teams' water tube the highest....

as 'i'll tell you what Nige' would say, "it makes for great TV drama, shenshational"....!!!!!

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 3

great evenings entertainment with all the he did she did bits and bobs i bet the oracle is trawling through the rule book as we speak.

Go on Nicki big nose and ginger whinger wait another year

Edited by rjsj9803

Totally spoilt for me what was up till then a very good meeting .Unless I,m mistaken there is a rule in speedway that a rider who isn,t trying to race under full power will be excluded by the referee.I understand why Nikki did what he did but in the rule book he should have been out of the race with no points.Also the most upsetting thing was seeing a raw talent that is Mikkael B.Jensen being asked to do the same in the biggest meeting of his life so far when all he wants to do is race hard for 4 full laps.Reference my first statement the rule does exsist as many bees fans will testify when Rick Miller was excluded by the ref whilst entertaining the crowd doing wheelies in a race where all 3 of the other riders had been excluded for different offences.

F.I.M.must act now and scrap this stupid rule or farce will rule racing. I for one would feel cheated out of my hard earned wages paying to watch went on in the last part of the meeting :mad: .

• Like 2

next time that anal wart wolves supporter says we all hate Nicki maybe you should allow others their own opinions ,no names mentioned attack ***** **** posts not him obviously

Edited by rjsj9803
  • Like 1

Lovely to see the Aussies fall short again. Crump still a spoilt brat, had a go at Artem Laguta after an early race where Ljung stuffed him and thought it was Laguta and had a pop after the last race at Saifutdinov or Jonsson after he was stuffed coming out the 2nd bend. Hilarious when Nicki mugged him off.

The two young Danes looked exceptional over the week and puts our system to shame when the Danes have those sorts of talents coming through.

Joker should be 8 points and that will cut out the shenanigans.

Swedes were awful, Ljung an embarrassment and Jonasson no better. No side should be seeded directly into any world final. The crowd was crap anyway, so no need to seed the home side through.

Russians finished well, but weren't interested when the track was grippy for the first half.

Prague next year? Good god, talking about shooting yourself in the foot. Awful, crap track that produces no passing, crowds are nothing special for GP's there and the Czechs in the final? Complete joke. Final should return to England. Peterborough will do fine with a couple of temp stands down the back straight or Poole.

Another good week of SWC action. No to Prague!

• Like 1

your posts are getting as poor as oracle "i know all the rules posts"

Again no names mentioned,this place is becoming a joke

Next year in the Czech Rep, really?? Let's hope the hosts are not seeded into the final that would make it a mockery. Why not have the final in Britain, Coventry could certainly host it along with a few others. Also the joker HAS to go i have never liked it and last night was a bit of a joke.

• Like 1

First and foremost, the best team won and they all played their part in winning it without using a joker. In MJJ, MBJ, Madsen, Klindt and Michelsen they have the foundations for a bright future along with Poland.

As for the JOKER and the tactical riding of dropping points ...... well it made the sport look stupid in my opinion and with people placing bets on, it could be seen as fixing the result. .... If a football team was 3-0 up, would they conceed 2 goals to get the 25/1 correct score ? ...... Would a jockey drop from second to third to get the tricast ?

Had the rule been that a team has to be 8 behind, I doubt you would see this happening as a joker at present could draw level with the leaders. ..... Using it when 8 behind it at best would still leave them trailing by 2

Q- I thought the ruling was a team could use one TAC SUB (where a rider replaces another) and one JOKER ..... If they wish to use them in the same race, fine.

My question is, how come Russia used one JOKER but two Tac Sub changes ?

maybe it would be better to let a team use one tac sub ride and one Joker, but the Joker can only be used by a programmed ride and not a tac sub.

just to clarify the rule as long as a team is 6 points behind the leaders they are allowed 1 joker and any number of tac sub rides but each rider is only allowed one(unless played at the same time)so a rider can take a joker ride on a programmed ride or the team can bring in a rider on a joker/tac ride.

Lets put the 'rights' and 'wrongs' to one side and leave the over-dramatic, over-sensitive rockets to decide what's wrong with the sport.

Speedway is entertainment and tonight (and all this week) I was ENTERTAINED.....

Yet again the SWC throws up the drama and quality racing that the GP's fail (regularly) to create and I absolutely love it!

Completely agree, once again swc week provides us with the best racing, action and entertainment. Hopefully all talk of Prague is just hearsay for 2013 and bsi take note and take the swc to some of europes better racetracks

Good entertainment but this joker manipulation should be stopped by the one who can stop it. The ref.

I know a long retired ref who was a right b*****d and proud of it and can't imagine he would have ducked calling it as it should be.

Make them call it just as snooker refs have to call deliberate misses and football / ice hockey refs have to call diving.

Some seasons back this occured in the EL but wasn't on TV. Here we saw it in all it's glory.

Otherwise the best team won and the entertainment was tops.

Well done the Danes. Superb team.

I can't see what all the fuss is about. So what , if Nicky Pedersen slowed to gift a point to the Aussies to manipulate to usage of the Joker. This sort of thing has been happening for years, going back to the time of the 60's and 70's . The rules are stupid, but thats not the fault of the riders. they just have to abide by them and what Nicky done last last was in keeping with those 'rules'. People on here have said it was dangerous, but he was aware of everything and danger was not an issue

I was entertained, The track weren't that good, the crowd was disappointing, Some riders were sub-standard, some didn't want to know. But others including all the Danes wanted this so badly and were victorious in the end.

All in all not a bad week. There was more pluses then minuses. Some fantastic Speedway racing with briliant overtaking, Some riders have come to the fore on the world stage, non more so then the young Danes.

But if I had to pick out the best rider of the whole week I would have to say CHRIS HOLDER. ( Pity about that spate at the camera. though!!!)

Edited by GRW123
  • Like 1

This nonsense about the riders slowing down to lose points being somehow not in the spirit of the sport makes me laugh :)

I may be a bit older than many here but can't believe that some of the other age challenged here don't remember a rider deliberately losing a place to either stop a team using the old tac sub rule or brining them six down to benefit from the tac sub rule.

I have seen that happen many times over the last 40 odd years both with teams I was supporting and the opposition.

It's as old as the hills and an 'accepted' tactic under the old tac sub rule.

Hell it happens here nowadays in British speedway and I have seen a rider deliberately lose to allow or prevent the stupid double point option we have here.

So why there is the fuss about Nicki doing it then everybody doing it in heat 17 :) frankly eludes me.

True the joker rule needs tweaking.

My first action would be to call it something else and get rid of those silly cards.

Also having it in the last 4 heats is something I don't agree with under this new format.

Making it between heats 1 - 16 and for 8 points down is a better idea as teams already have the 6 points down tac sub option.

Rules get 'abused' by everybody and the joker is one such rule that is open to 'abuse'.

What Nicki did was perfectly within the framework of speedway and the furore here is probably aimed at him as a rider more than some outrage towards the purity of the sport.

If the team 'you' supported did that it would probably have been OK.

Which it actually was.

A sensible tactic by Nicki to prevent the opposition benefiting from a tactical option.

The Joker has provided some tremendous excitement this year so has done it's job well. But now maybe it's time to bid it farewell and change the rule a little to make it a bit fairer to a team like Denmark who never had a chance to use one.

##obviously more than me have good memories about this kind of thing as the above post showed.

Edited by pandorum
  • Like 4

Cheating or what ever you wanna call it,it was worth it seeing Nikki P`S face after Crumpie sail past him,good old Nikki P,

Well done to the Danes,deserved winners

• Like 3

I for one was pleased Denmark won. As for the Aussies being bad losers, well you don't want a team of good losers, Crump and Holder always give the impression of losing gracefully despite their obvious hurt inside of losing. True Holder did his image little good by spitting out towards the camera man,but did he need the camera shoved in his face so soon after the moment of defeat? With regards to the joker I think its a joke in a world championship. Pedersen hit the nail on the head when he said imagine a world cup football final when a team gets 3 goals up then the next opposition goal counts for 3. If we have to have it change the name to something more appropriate and make it only usable when 9 points behind not 6.The seeding of the holder nation going direct to the final might ensure GB get to the final in the future.