British Speedway Forum

Denmark are deserved winners, but it's such a shame that we're all talking about the joker. It's well named, as it makes a joke of the sport. It's time for it to go from all forms of speedway. In domestic speedway, we need to get back to tac subs with perhaps a team leading by 8pts or more as the start point, with a proviso that it can't be used by a heat leader in heat 8.

The Swedish League does fine without the joker, so why not in the UK?

If the joker is the answer, then it's a really stupid question

• Like 1

Don't give a tommy twit who won it eventually. If the FIM don't dump this friggin joker garbage and let it be 4v4v4v4 then where the sport is heading Christ only knows.

No joker in polish league either get rid of it in speedway at any level be it league racing or international.

• Like 1

Wrong.

Cheating is cheating.

Id be ashamed.

It wasn't cheating. No more than, say, a football team going a goal up and then sitting back and defending the lead. Or a cricket team just running a single in the final ball of an over when they could have got two so that the best batsman faces the bowler again.

There is absolutely no way that was cheating.

Why be ashamed of trying to get your side to win the meeting?

• Like 2

It wasn't cheating. No more than, say, a football team going a goal up and then sitting back and defending the lead. Or a cricket team just running a single in the final ball of an over when they could have got two so that the best batsman faces the bowler again.

Don't think your examples are the same really.What they are showing is tactics within fair rules.What we are seeing now is tactics to stop an unfair rule being implemented or try to get it used.The rule is unfair as it helps worse teams and punishes the best team.Crap.Scrap it

Edited by iris123

Well done denmark. :D you fully deserved to win.and good old nicki.you know what im starting to become a fan of his :party: hes a bugger isnt he? :rofl:

• Like 3

Your entitled to your opinion as im mine.

The RULE is cheating the sport and making it a farce.

how can anyone defend riders shutting off off the 4th bend and blatantly trying to give away points and therefore suggest it is perfectly ok and doesnt bring the sport into farcial terittory is beyond me quite honestly.

We are stepping into EL territory here.Play the rules to your favour but hate the rule for bringing the sport into disrepute.

The WC was/has been our shining glory because of the thrill and spectacle it offers (albiet with the `joker` aspect) however after tonight the stupid joker rule has ruined and marred what should be a great night for speedway fans and a chance to show the viewing sporting public what a great sport we have.

However it has highlighted that Speedway has become beyond a joke (great choice of words, not) and speedway racing has become who is best at shutting off before the chequered flag to win the greatest team accolade.

My sport is being ruined, and no im not happy.

You cant compare to other sports with those sporting analogies because they dont have to defend the possibility of there next goal, bat counting for double.

Could you say Crump was defending his right to let his team go 6 points behind? definetly Did he `race` for 4 laps? Definetly.

The only sporting analogy i can suggest is a striker heading for the goal that levels the match and a (opposing) defender picks up the ball and runs off with it.

That would be plain stupid right?? Well thats my point.

Well done denmark. :D you fully deserved to win.and good old nicki.you know what im starting to become a fan of his :party: hes a bugger isnt he? :rofl:

My sympathies are with you in this awful time. :D

• Like 1

Your entitled to your opinion as im mine.

The RULE is cheating the sport and making it a farce.

how can anyone defend riders shutting off off the 4th bend and blatantly trying to give away points and therefore suggest it is perfectly ok and doesnt bring the sport into farcial terittory is beyond me quite honestly.

We are stepping into EL territory here.Play the rules to your favour but hate the rule for bringing the sport into disrepute.

The WC was/has been our shining glory because of the thrill and spectacle it offers (albiet with the `joker` aspect) however after tonight the stupid joker rule has ruined and marred what should be a great night for speedway fans and a chance to show the viewing sporting public what a great sport we have.

However it has highlighted that Speedway has become beyond a joke (great choice of words, not) and speedway racing has become who is best at shutting off before the chequered flag to win the greatest team accolade.

My sport is being ruined, and no im not happy.

You cant compare to other sports with those sporting analogies because they dont have to defend the possibility of there next goal, bat counting for double.

Could you say Crump was defending his right to let his team go 6 points behind? definetly Did he `race` for 4 laps? Definetly.

The only sporting analogy i can suggest is a striker heading for the goal that levels the match and a (opposing) defender picks up the ball and runs off with it.

That would be plain stupid right?? Well thats my point.

My sympathies are with you in this awful time. :D

Why is that steve?lol

Well done to the Danes on their win, their manager must be relieved and slightly smug I should think, given the success of his bold move to bring the youngsters in! Thanks to all the riders too who have once again put on a great show for world cup week. Sounds like the Malilla track staff deserve credit too for getting the track in decent condition.

It would be nice if BSI and the FIM left the riders to it though without adding stupid rules which near enough everybody hates. The racing the riders put on is enough of a spectacle without having to stick with the Joker rule. At the very least it should only be available at 10 points down, ideally it would be scrapped, even just for the final, as every team at that stage should be good enough to not need it! If it stays then may I recommend Stuart Hall or Keith Chegwin as centregreen presenter or tv commentator in keeping with the 'It's a Knockout' sillyness of the SWC!

I don't blame Pedersen and the others for playing games to try and 'dodge' the joker, yes it's naughty, yes it's possibly dangerous, but if the rules make it an attractive option to them then that's what will happen, the blame is solely with the rule makers.

Couldn't believe it when Paul Bellamy said Prague was on the cards for next years final, can't see it being anything other than a disaster, especially if the Czechs are seeded to the final. A poor track, with a poor lineup and most likely a poor crowd, doesn't sound like a good way to display one of the best competitions the sport has to offer! Would be a great shame after the good work BSI have done to improve the image of the sport at the top level.

Blimey. And to think Iris thought my analogies were bad :)

• Like 1

Swedes were poor, do you reckon the Swedish speedway forum is in meltdown?

no it isn't since there isn't one. ;) only a few guest books but not a real forum like this one.

Why is that steve?lol

It must a terrible thing to have to come to terms with , i mean admitting your a Nicki P fan.

I think id rather admit to being a hoodie in the riots :P:D

:D

Its meant to be bad!! thats why its such a joke! ;)

• Like 1

It must a terrible thing to have to come to terms with , i mean admitting your a Nicki P fan.

I think id rather admit to being a hoodie in the riots :P:D

:D

Its meant to be bad!! thats why its such a joke! ;)

Lol do you think i need help then steve? :rofl: i know there is no1 more shocked than me.but what he did 2nite to the aussies was classic lol. :D:P

Ha ha.....i think you have to come up with a rule in football or cricket that gives an advantage to a team that are behind or worse than their opponents.Cricket is strange anyway and might just have such a rule.No idea about that.All i can really see in football is the team that have just had a goal scored against them then have the advantage of starting the match in the centre rather than from their goal where the ball ended.Whereas Basketball for instance i think re-start the game from the goalline or whatever it is called

Edited by iris123

Congratulations to denmark. They deserved to win as they were the strongest through all meetings as never had to use a joker. All the danish riders should be very proud of themselves.

Nicki slowing down on the line was funny and no more cheating than crump trying to stay behind him. Then again aussies should know more than most as they do it all the time in the elite league.

Respect for russia who showed how pleased they were to get a metal. Holder behaved like a spoilt brat whilst the rest of the team showed more dignity.

Sweden showed why having a team seeded to the final doesnt work

Edited by mdmc82
  • Like 3