Andersen

Koscuich

Zengota

Larsen

Sundstrom

North

Fisher

.. would be handy!

OK, I'm sure you're right. Crazy that a bits & pieces part-timer like North has an EL average but Fisher who rode full-time in 2011 doesn't!

Dakota North rode full time in the prem lge, doubling up in the elite lge when required, and travelled the world competing in the U21 world championship. This is part time ??? Strange conclusion. :icon_smile_clown:

Andersen

Koscuich

Zengota

Larsen

Sundstrom

North

Fisher

.. would be handy!

You won't be getting andersen will you! As for Zengota even less chance,that would mean loaning him from Swindon!

• Like 1

Where did you get 12 from? It's 8. North has an EL average as he rode EL last season and has done 8 EL meetings in the last 3 seasons. Fisher doesn't have an EL average because he didn't ride EL in 2012 (I think thats wrong but it's is, tbf, consistent with the last few seasons)

It's going to be fun though seeing how they handle Fisher's average going forward. He starts the season on a PL converted average of 5.27. In the background he has a full 28 meeting RA of 6.02. We were always told that once you attain a RA it remains forever with the oldest meeting being dropped for each new meeting once reaching the 28.

So after one meeting Fisher will have a season's CMA of between 0 and 12. His updated rolling average will remain at about 6 regardless. So there is an argument that he RA takes over immediately after one meeting. If not when does it become effective. First greensheets?; but he might not have reached the 4H/4A to move off his assessed average. Or do they just forget his old RA. If the latter, I'd suggest Charlie Gjedde takes a year out of the EL, finds a PL spot later this season and takes a nice chunk off his EL average ready for next year.

In contrast you have North with two meetings, 6 rides and 3 points from 2012. That is sufficient to use his EL RA this year as opposed to his converted PL average.

I just don't see how they intend to handle Fisher's average going forward. You could get the ridiculous situation that after just one meeting, the likes of Barker, Magic or Shields (on their current averages) are eligible to guest for Fisher around Peterborough.

I doubt anyone would want Peterborough's either!

Have Peterborough got any debts? I thought their owner sorted them out as he went along - unlike one or two others, apparently.

• Like 1

Have Peterborough got any debts? I thought their owner sorted them out as he went along - unlike one or two others, apparently.

I think they were referring to an unhealthy balance sheet rather than debts!

You could get the ridiculous situation that after just one meeting, the likes of Barker, Magic or Shields (on their current averages) are eligible to guest for Fisher around Peterborough.

Oh I do hope so! :D

Published on Tuesday 15 January 2013 22:50

The British Speedway Promtoers’ Association (BSPA) management committee have ruled that Peterborough Panthers asset Niels Kristian Iversen can return to arch-rivals King’s Lynn Stars.

The Norfolk club have confirmed tonight (January 12) they have been given permission to open talks with the Danish ace over a loan switch to the Norfolk Arena for the third successive season.

The BSPA originally gave the move the green light last month but Panthers responded by launching an appeal after claiming Lynn had initially made an illegal approach for the locally-based racer.

Lynn co-promoter Jonathan Chapman celebrated the BSPA decision tonight by delivering a barbed blast at Panthers bosses.

Chapman told the official Stars website: “King’s Lynn Speedway were given permission by the BSPA management committee in December to begin to talking to Niels regarding a team place for 2013.

“After the decision was made, the club decided to contact the Peterborough promotion to amicably move forward. Unfortunately all our talks and discussions were not taken in a positive light by Peterborough as they intended to appeal the decision.

“The club have waited and kept the matter private, even though it has been very unfair on the rider concerned.

“Today at the management committee meeting, the initial decision was upheld. Peterborough have no team place for Niels which is by their own admission and the club (Lynn) have it in writing that they were prepared to loan out Niels, but only at double the standard rate.

“We have tried to be amicable for the best interests of the sport and give Peterborough a chance that it goes out to the public in a positive light, but unfortunately in my opinion Peterborough don’t seem to care about PR or the rider earning a living.

“We will start negotiations with Niels this week with a view to getting a deal completed as soon as possible.”

http://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/sport/speedway/panthers-appeal-fails-as-iversen-switch-gets-the-green-light-1-4684555

Gotta feel sorry for Poole in all this. Now that it's Peterborough that nobody likes everyone has forgotten about the poor old Pirates.

• Like 9

Gotta feel sorry for Poole in all this. Now that it's Peterborough that nobody likes everyone has forgotten about the poor old Pirates.

Gotta feel sorry for British Speedway in all this.

It is now permitted to illegally approach riders and if you do you will not get punished, you will be rewarded with a cheap loan deal for your endeavours. If you have the gaul to appeal this decision the BSPA Chairman will make his own mind up and publicly announce his decision before the appeal hearing.

The BSPA have stooped to a new low of unimaginable depths.

• Like 2

would love to know how much the loan fee is and how it's determined.. :P

and whats the betting that we see PUK guest for the Panthers sometime during 2013.. :D

Published on Tuesday 15 January 2013 22:50

The British Speedway Promtoers’ Association (BSPA) management committee have ruled that Peterborough Panthers asset Niels Kristian Iversen can return to arch-rivals King’s Lynn Stars.

Thankfully sense has prevailed.

Gotta feel sorry for British Speedway in all this.

It is now permitted to illegally approach riders and if you do you will not get punished, you will be rewarded with a cheap loan deal for your endeavours. If you have the gaul to appeal this decision the BSPA Chairman will make his own mind up and publicly announce his decision before the appeal hearing.

The BSPA have stooped to a new low of unimaginable depths.

Surely if it was proven that Kings Lynn had made an illegal approach then they would have rightfully been fined like Poole were last season?

I guess it was an `alleged approach` that wasnt proved.

Or made to purchase like they were for Schlein?

Thankfully sense has prevailed.

Surely if it was proven that Kings Lynn had made an illegal approach then they would have rightfully been fined like Poole were last season?

I guess it was an `alleged approach` that wasnt proved.

It can hardly have been an 'alleged approach' after NKI's own comments!!!

• Like 1