British Speedway Forum
mdmc82

Panthers 2013 Thread

They change their mind so often its difficult for the riders to know where they are

I asked if Linus had changed his mind. Steveo said none of our assets wanted to ride for us, last time I looked Linus was an asset and in the team.

Lets hope your 'top club' improve on your attendances over the last few years then...around 700 last year so Mr Frost said....

Dear oh dear, we're really scraping the barrel now!

I asked if Linus had changed his mind. Steveo said none of our assets wanted to ride for us, last time I looked Linus was an asset and in the team.

Yes Linus is in the team just as well he signed early or frost may have loaned him out!

Does anyone else get fed up of the constant exaggerations and wind up merchants on here. :o

Are you wound up by him? Most of us just hope he's being cared for.

Yes Linus is in the team just as well he signed early or frost may have loaned him out!

You're not related to SteveO are you?

• Like 1

Are you wound up by him? Most of us just hope he's being cared for.

You're not related to SteveO are you?

We're in the same care home :wink:

• Like 3

We're in the same care home :wink:

Thats no great suprise to most of us......enjoy your hot chocolate.

Only top clubs have good assets, its quite funny watching all the vultures pick over those we cant use...we wish all our assets good luck in 2013 ......

Just a question but have you got a constant knot in your back or something...uptight.... :party:

Just a question but have you got a constant knot in your back or something...uptight.... :party:

I was a cool dude until i was acoused of being KKS, ABC. DDT and OBI ..... na, im fine thanks fella. :drink: Time for my medication :lol:

I was a cool dude until i was acoused of being KKS, ABC. DDT and OBI ..... na, im fine thanks fella. :drink: Time for my medication :lol:

you keep trying to kid us that's fine but I think most people realise who you are .
  • Like 2

Lets hope your 'top club' improve on your attendances over the last few years then...around 700 last year so Mr Frost said....

It's a strange one that. A place as big as Peterborough should get better support then they do. It's the same with the football, a team in the championship deserve far better attendances then the POSH get. I appreciate they is a big percentages of foriegner in this area, but the main reason must be the current economic climate where the moneys tight.

Went to EESG to watch the match Vs Poole at the back end of last year, the attendance weren't that good, but what surprised me was the amount of free cars parked behind the main Grandstand. There were more there, then in the main car park. Are these counted in the attendances?

All I know, that in this day and age the clubs needs all the support they can get.........

Peterborough attendances are no better or worse than any other club in the Elite league including Lynn as ive been there a few times over last couple of seasons but for some reason our promoters always seem to go public about lack of support*(normaly after a poor one against B.Vue!) rather than promoting.

At other clubs people are kidding themselves for instance I went to poole and whilst queing to get in the locals said "we get 5000 here every week" and the truth was there was no more than what we get at peterborough..just looks more as its a tiny "grandstand". As for Lakeside and Eastbourne well I dont know how they survive!.

Promoting is not rocket science,I know several people who didnt even know that speedway exists in the city and ive took them and they have returned as its a great product..just not on peoples radar..an open day at a start of season challenge match I think would be a start.Might lose money at first but bigger longterm returns in the future. Also a few posters up in the lincoln road area wouldnt do any harm to pull in the Polish community.

It will be interesting to see if the change of racenight to Fridays will make much difference this season as we have seen big turn outs on bank holidays agains Lynn and Coventry recently so the potential is there.

Edited by posh panther

Can't see how Poole get 5000 every week when the stadium capacity is below that figure.

Congrats to Michael on his SpeedwayBikerFM award.

Best young rider in the world.

Really, i would beg to differ on that. And a few other things!!!!!

<SNIP>

Went to EESG to watch the match Vs Poole at the back end of last year, the attendance weren't that good, but what surprised me was the amount of free cars parked behind the main Grandstand. There were more there, then in the main car park. Are these counted in the attendances?

<SNIP>

Not that black and white -

My car was one of those behind the GrandStand -Season Ticket holder entitled to free parking on main car park - we were allowed to park behind the Grandstand for several months beacause she who has to be "consulted" had had major surgery on her foot and could not walk far.

Peterborough speedway is very good at supporting those with disabilities and those suffering serious illness or recovering from illness and surgery. They also run a scheme where for a higher season ticket price individuals can get a sort of corporate sponsorship which among other things entitles them to park inside the Showground.

You may find that a least one of the more "crochety" regular posters on this forum gets to park there as well - but I dare not mention who, as it would no doubt result in a verbal ear bashing and possibly broken legs :D

[this post has been reviewed by she who must be consulted]

Terry

It's a strange one that. A place as big as Peterborough should get better support then they do. It's the same with the football, a team in the championship deserve far better attendances then the POSH get. I appreciate they is a big percentages of foriegner in this area, but the main reason must be the current economic climate where the moneys tight.

All I know, that in this day and age the clubs needs all the support they can get.........

I park inside the stadium as im registered disabled. When they hosted the world cup qualifier, the place was full of local Poles, however they dont seem to attend lge meetings.