British Speedway Forum
Daniel Smith

King's Lynn Stars 2013

Personally I can't justify seventeen quid fourteen times next season so will pick my matches accordingly. May well take in one or two NL meetings but we'll see. Like screamer I don't think I'd pay any more than £20.

• Like 1

Its a ten pound sport. Always has been. And wont start growing again until it returns to that sort of price.

• Like 4

Hmm. Well £17 is still OK for me personally but then again I'm very lucky in my own situation. That extra pound won't cause me any issues. Saying that though, not everyone is in the same boat. That extra pound could be enough to stop certain fans from going. Everything is going up in price these days and many people are feeling the pinch. With people losing their jobs through businesses going under, it doesn't bode very well for the entertainment industry in general, but especially speedway as it's a minority interest in my eyes compared to other sports that get bigger and better media coverage.

According to the new Stars website, admission is going to be £16 same as last year, £10 for Young Stars. So I will carry on going but like others will pick meetings if it goes up.

Its 15.50 at Ipswich, thats too much for prem lge and the fall in crowds reflects this i believe.

I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong but I believe Leicester is more than that, with the standard of racing there I wouldn't even pay £10.

Once was enough

According to the new Stars website, admission is going to be £16 same as last year, £10 for Young Stars. So I will carry on going but like others will pick meetings if it goes up.

If they increased it to £17 in line with most other EL clubs, they might be able to buy NKI!!!!!!?? :P

• Like 1

I stand to be corrected but I don't think there has been an announcement on next year's prices, and I wouldn't be suprised if the prices on the website are out of date?

Would be very pleased if it stays at sixteen quid of course.

Its 15.50 at Ipswich, thats too much for prem lge and the fall in crowds reflects this i believe.

I'm not sure it is. We'd all like to be paying less obviously, but compared to EL prices i think Ipswich have pitched it about right. Most EL clubs are charging £17 with a lot charging £1 for the car park.

Ipswich at £15.50 with free car parking for PL is not unreasonable in comparison imo.

I stand to be corrected but I don't think there has been an announcement on next year's prices, and I wouldn't be suprised if the prices on the website are out of date?

Would be very pleased if it stays at sixteen quid of course.

They are the 2012 prices. Promotion did say at the supporters meeting that nothing had been confirmed until the 1-7 were to be completed

• Like 1

I'm not sure it is. We'd all like to be paying less obviously, but compared to EL prices i think Ipswich have pitched it about right. Most EL clubs are charging £17 with a lot charging £1 for the car park.

Ipswich at £15.50 with free car parking for PL is not unreasonable in comparison imo.

Trouble is they dont do a family ticket, costs me £20 less to watch P'boro, the racing is much better, i can sit in a covered grandstand and be home almost as quick. Presentation at Foxhall is so slow you wonder if the riders have gone home sometimes. Its all about value for money... :cheers:

Trouble is they dont do a family ticket, costs me £20 less to watch P'boro, the racing is much better, i can sit in a covered grandstand and be home almost as quick.

But Ipswich don't ride at Peterborough, they ride at Foxhall. I can never really understand your type of thinking. I come from Ipswich, and Ipswich is my team so I support them.

Would I prefer Ipswich to be in the EL? Most definitely. But they're not so I go and watch them in the PL instead. I'm with you that I prefer to watch Elite League racing than Premier League, but only if my team is in it.

I certainly wouldn't travel to watch a team I don't support on a regular basis be it EL or not. I get far more satisfaction watching my team at Foxhall and get much more emotionally involved than i would watching a team i didn't have any affiliation with.

But each to their own!

• Like 1

I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong but I believe Leicester is more than that, with the standard of racing there I wouldn't even pay £10.

Once was enough

Leicester's prices are:-

• Adults (16 years & above): £15.00
  • Over 65′s: £13.00
  • Children (aged 10 to under 16): £5.00
  • Children (under 10): FREE
  • Family (2 adults & 2 children): £30.00

It costs as much for me to watch Premier League racing at Leicester as it does at Coventry to watch Elite League. I won't comment on your other remark but I only went once last season as well. Hopefully when the track is altered in February the racing will be better.

But Ipswich don't ride at Peterborough, they ride at Foxhall. I can never really understand your type of thinking. I come from Ipswich, and Ipswich is my team so I support them.

Would I prefer Ipswich to be in the EL? Most definitely. But they're not so I go and watch them in the PL instead. I'm with you that I prefer to watch Elite League racing than Premier League, but only if my team is in it.

I certainly wouldn't travel to watch a team I don't support on a regular basis be it EL or not. I get far more satisfaction watching my team at Foxhall and get much more emotionally involved than i would watching a team i didn't have any affiliation with.

But each to their own!

Completely understand your views, however we just enjoy speedway and P'boro is where we enjoy the sport the most. Thats not to say we dont go to Foxhall ....

If they increased it to £17 in line with most other EL clubs, they might be able to buy NKI!!!!!!?? :P

They might even go out of business if they did increase ..... ever heard of the law of diminishing returns ......... nah course you haven't you're not that bright.