British Speedway Forum
Daniel Smith

King's Lynn Stars 2013

I don't think Stead can go to 5. Before Mads got injured I'd have swapped them two but not now.

Porsing is another with good potential to be solid rider for the future. Has the same sort of ability at his age like a Kenni Larsen and will be a starter for 2014 I imagine. Hopefully he gets on well.

more from the doom and gloom merchants if I was Buster I'd shut up shop for speedway and Tarmac the track and just run stock car meetings - give the bloke a chance he aint even turned a wheel yet at under 21 level he's done very well welcome Nicklas

Now I know where Baggy get's the saying happy clapper from . Not sure if you read the post but I said he looks quite decent but it's not likely to average the same as mads that is hardly doom and gloom but a fair comment

I think the management deserve credit, they have been dealt an awful hand this year with injuries and Klindt losing his mojo but have always taken action to improve the side. Signing Worrall has strengthened the reserve berth considerably and Lebvedev should do very well subject to fixture clashes, hopefully Porsing will do the same. Can see him replacing Alden for the run in if Seb continues to struggle.

The signing of Howe didn't work out but replacing a rider who was shutting off into the bends and scoring ones & twos with one who could have been reasonably expected to hold the fort for a month with fours, fives and sixes seemed reasonably logical, unfortunately it didn't go to plan but that's life sometimes. The real killer has been the stop/start nature of Stead's season and the fact that the few times he has appeared he's been far from fit.

If we can get into the Play Offs and track a side in them of Puk, Porsing, Mads, a fit Stead, Rory, Lebedev and Worrall then we stand as good a chance as anyone.

Edited by Bagpuss
  • Like 5

I think the management deserve credit, they have been dealt an awful hand this year with injuries and Klindt losing his mojo but have always taken action to improve the side. Signing Worrall has strengthened the reserve berth considerably and Lebvedev should do very well subject to fixture clashes, hopefully Porsing will do the same. Can see him replacing Alden for the run in if Seb continues to struggle.

The signing of Howe didn't work out but replacing a rider who was shutting off into the bends and scoring ones & twos with one who could have been reasonably expected to hold the fort for a month with fours, fives and sixes seemed reasonably logical, unfortunately it didn't go to plan but that's life sometimes. The real killer has been the stop/start nature of Stead's season and the fact that the few times he has appeared he's been far from fit.

If we can get into the Play Offs and track a side in them of Puk, Porsing, Mads, a fit Stead, Rory, Lebedev and Worrall then we stand as good a chance as anyone.

totally agree at last some positive comments - full marks to Buster and Rob for trying to make the best of this season so far ruined by injuries if we can get Mads and Simon fully fit and make the play offs anything can happen - at the worst we don't make the play offs we have at least got two young assets . Edited by Haza

Think i have only been to one team meeting that didn't involve Lynn,and to be honest i got a bit bored with it.I much prefer to watch Lynn at least i have someone to cheer on then.

yeah appreciate what your saying but to me some speedway's better than none at all

From the bits i've seen of Porsing, i think he will do well, not a 7 average just yet but def has a future.

I dont know if some speedway is better than none after the crap meeting stoke served up last night. The track was terrible and the place should be closed down before it drives more people away from watching speedway.

I was hoping Mads would be back sooner rather than later, but reports have been confusing - some have said he'd be back for the play-offs, others suggested just weeks out. Guess it must be the former. R/R hasn't really worked so this could be a good move. Surely we must have used up all our bad luck now and hope we can get a good run to the end of the season.

All credit to Buster. Might be worth looking at the bigger picture here. Lambert having a run out with the Young Stars and looking PDQ. Now we have 2 new signings ( and assets) getting use to the UK tracks. Now it could be suggested that Buster is building something for next year.

Nicklas Porsing is a decent signing for the future and tarting him now will help next season when he should have a new average possiby just over four points a match. ..... He will not be able to cover directly for Mads and I presume he is coming in on a 5.00 average at most as he has had very few meetings this season and last season was up and down for Holstead.

If he does start at reserve with Lebedeevs, Stars will have potentially a very strong reserve pairing while Richie Worrall in the main body with Sead and Alden may not add enough strength to support Puk and Rory but next season they will have some good young riders bedded in.

• Like 1

Think King's Lynn have got a good signing in Porsing, I wondered when a team over here would snap him up with his impressive scores, particularly in Under 21 meetings. One of those riders who seems to have gone under the radar so far while riders like Mikkel Bech grab all the headlines.

R/R certainly didn't work for the Stars at Brandon on Friday and at least it gives them another rider and a good prospect for the future.

• Like 2

All credit to Buster. Might be worth looking at the bigger picture here. Lambert having a run out with the Young Stars and looking PDQ. Now we have 2 new signings ( and assets) getting use to the UK tracks. Now it could be suggested that Buster is building something for next year.

The bigger picture is that your bringing in a 4pt rider for a 7 point rider in what is likely to be the last year of EL speedway as we know it ...

The bigger picture is that your bringing in a 4pt rider for a 7 point rider in what is likely to be the last year of EL speedway as we know it ...

Who knows what next year will bring. will it one League, will it be 2 ? I dont understand where you have got the idea from that it is 'Likely'

I am happy that Buster has now brought in 2 young untried overseas riders, and given a debut to a 15 year old english rider for the future. Should he not be applauded for that ? Much rather that than seeing the likes of Nermark coming back, or as has ahppened at Alwarton giving the managers job to Sullivan, as though thats gonna make a difference. maybe Lynn will make the play-offs, maybe they wont. For me it is more about what entertainment we get to witness at Saddlebow.

• Like 1

Who knows what next year will bring. will it one League, will it be 2 ? I dont understand where you have got the idea from that it is 'Likely'

I am happy that Buster has now brought in 2 young untried overseas riders, and given a debut to a 15 year old english rider for the future. Should he not be applauded for that ? Much rather that than seeing the likes of Nermark coming back, or as has ahppened at Alwarton giving the managers job to Sullivan, as though thats gonna make a difference. maybe Lynn will make the play-offs, maybe they wont. For me it is more about what entertainment we get to witness at Saddlebow.

Failing to see how a club changing manager has any relevance to Lynn making changes to their team :blink:

Not sure where you been but the sky contract is coming to an end and is unlikely to renewed meaning that the El as we know won't be able to carry on without the sky money ...First time I known someone being applauded for bringing in a reserve for a heat leader unless the winning and losing means nothing to you what clearly in your post is not important as long as there is entertainment .