British Speedway Forum
Daniel Smith

King's Lynn Stars 2013

We could still see them next season anyway as I jist don't see the EL surviving in it's current format.

The novelty of the EL has worn off with me to be honest.

In the current format the Premier League is the place to be

• Like 1

Like you say Em, team Norfolk, certainly has a ring to it. Young British lads on the up, all starting off on low averages, could bring in the fans to support it. I enjoy Elite League racing in the main, but these days riders at this level are just " Guns for hire". These 3 lads could really bring back a feel good factor. I would guess companies would be falling over themselves to sponsor local based riders.

Don't you think the so called guns for hire will apply for those 3 as well ? They are in the sport to make as much money as they can and gets as far up the speedway ladder as they can they are no more or no less any different to any other rider beit EL or PL rider .

Lambert will go to the highest bidder for sure so I'd not get to excited about seeing him race for Lynn in EL or for that matter PL .

Don't you think the so called guns for hire will apply for those 3 as well ? They are in the sport to make as much money as they can and gets as far up the speedway ladder as they can they are no more or no less any different to any other rider beit EL or PL rider .

Lambert will go to the highest bidder for sure so I'd not get to excited about seeing him race for Lynn in EL or for that matter PL .

By Guns for Hire I mean flying in the UK from their home countryand back out the same night and on to the next gig. At least with the 3 lads mentioned they have some kind of 'roots in the County.

Maybe Lambert will go to the highst bidder, then again would he not attract a lot of sponsorship from within the County, Young Local lad, rides for his Local Club and all that ?

Haza You seem to be in the know that he wont be riding for Lynn next season, come what may. So I will take you at your word on that one, or are you just guessing ?

Ok flying in flying out guns for hire so if Lambert turns out as good as he looks at present how long before he's doing Sweden on a Tuesday Poland on a Sunday as well as Germany were he races now then the next step the GP so again gun for hire no different to the rest they are all in this sport to make a living not ride on sentiment .

I have no idea if Lambert will or won't sign a Lynn contact but all I will say is big money will be offered by clubs for his services he could win which ever club he signs for the league as will be on a very low staring average so big money will be offered .

Another point Lambert is already fitting in Young Stars fixtures in around his German meetings so even at 15 he's already a gun for hire

I agree with Em, I'm no longer fussed which division we are in as long as the speedway us good, the team are all present when ride and the fixtures are regular. EL was a breath of fresh air in 2011 but its failed to live up to that standard this year and last IMO.

Like Haza I don't see Lambert's future at Lynn, he will go to the highest bidder and good luck to him. Kerr & Rose are good prospects but like Troy and Darcy before them they may eventually outgrow us if we went PL again.

I personally think there will be one bigger league formed from the two senior ones next year but we shall see.

I agree with Em, I'm no longer fussed which division we are in as long as the speedway us good, the team are all present when ride and the fixtures are regular. EL was a breath of fresh air in 2011 but its failed to live up to that standard this year and last IMO.

Like Haza I don't see Lambert's future at Lynn, he will go to the highest bidder and good luck to him. Kerr & Rose are good prospects but like Troy and Darcy before them they may eventually outgrow us if we went PL again.

I personally think there will be one bigger league formed from the two senior ones next year but we shall see.

I feel we have more chance of Lambert Signing in the EL can see him bypassing PL altogether but again it will be all down to money and as you say you can't fault him I'd not be surprised if he ends up with our A47 rivals .

If there is no TV contract one big league is very likely for 2014 .

Another point Lambert is already fitting in Young Stars fixtures in around his German meetings so even at 15 he's already a gun for hire

I dont see it that way. Lambert, for the past year, has been gaining as much Speedway experience as he can. To do this he has been forced to ride abroad. Do you blame him, or the system that pushes a young talent away from his home country to gain that experience ? He is doing as many Young Stars meeting as he can, without going back on committments he made elsewhere prior to when he was 15 ( permitted to ride NL). or are you suggesting he should let other people down to ride for Lynn ? I think he is doing the honourable thing and sticking to what committments he has agreed to.

I see Lynn have 1.45pts to play with now after the addition of Lebedevs 4.5 and Porsing 4.

Could there be another change now we have points to play with?

Alden's early form has drastically disappeared over the last month or so in my opinion.Could he be replaced with a rider over a 7pt average?.Could give us a third heat leader and a boost for the second half of the league campaign.

I see Lynn have 1.45pts to play with now after the addition of Lebedevs 4.5 and Porsing 4.

Alden's early form has drastically disappeared over the last month or so in my opinion.Could he be replaced with a rider over a 7pt average?.Could give us a third heat leader and a boost for the second half of the league campaign.

You going for Poole's record for the most riders signed (and replaced) in a season? :wink:

I agree with what you are saying but who could we possibly sign on a 7 ? Also the plan is to bring Mads back into the side that perhaps wouldn't then be possible , though from what I've read on twitter he aint going to be back anytime soon , if Porsing goes well I can then perhaps see Alden place may be in jeopardy when /if Mads makes his comeback .
  • Like 1

I agree with what you are saying but who could we possibly sign on a 7 ? Also the plan is to bring Mads back into the side that perhaps wouldn't then be possible , though from what I've read on twitter he aint going to be back anytime soon , if Porsing goes well I can then perhaps see Alden place may be in jeopardy when /if Mads makes his comeback .

Will Mads be back this season?

If we stick with our 1-7 now and they do well Mads wouldn't be able to fit back in anyway as the team average would go up.Unless one of the riders average over 6.5 he could then replace them but would you want to at that point.I was really only thinking of now as i just can't see Mads being back this season,hope i am proved wrong though.

Will Mads be back this season?

If we stick with our 1-7 now and they do well Mads wouldn't be able to fit back in anyway as the team average would go up.Unless one of the riders average over 6.5 he could then replace them but would you want to at that point.I was really only thinking of now as i just can't see Mads being back this season,hope i am proved wrong though.

from what I've read there is a real possibility Mads won't return as seems to be struggling to recover from his injuries , I agree with what you say but going back to you original post who on a 7 could we sign ?

from what I've read there is a real possibility Mads won't return as seems to be struggling to recover from his injuries , I agree with what you say but going back to you original post who on a 7 could we sign ?

I don't know really know.All depends on what Buster is willing to pay i suppose.I'm sure there is some new blood out there which would come over on a 7 ,or maybe MJJ on less than 7,not everyones cup of tea but he has shown a liking for the NA in the past.