British Speedway Forum
Daniel Smith

King's Lynn Stars 2013

Nicki Pedersen to sign for Schlein now... surely?

I called it weeks back!

After all the crap that goes on in speedway these days, that I'm ashamed to say drove me away from going, that would bring me back again!

After all the crap that goes on in speedway these days, that I'm ashamed to say drove me away from going, that would bring me back again!

It would bring a lot of people back.

Everything fits though. When Rory got injured we could replace with someone up to 8.2 something I believe. Nicki is on an 8.6 ish. Therefore to fit him we have to sacrafice points. The only two riders at risk of being replaced again were Lebedevs and Porsing. With Kozza's sterling performances recently, and being our own asset, it made perfect sense to bring him in. The only person he could replace is Lebedevs, to release enough points to possibly fit Nicki in. However you cannot replace an assessed rider. With Lebedevs 'quitting' the decision is taken out of Lynns hands and a replacement is permitted. With Kozza almost guaranteed to be the permanent signing, we can now fit Nicki for Rory.

I just hope I'm right, although won't be suprised if it doesn't materialize.

Edited by speedy17

Think Pedersen would consider it as realistically he's not going to be world champ again at 35, loves the lynn track (7.5 when he turned up, 9.5 when he left, world champ soon after), what better way than to top the 'retirement fund' up than have a bit of fun at the track formerly known as 'Saddlebow Road'

Nicki Pedersen to sign for Schlein now... surely?

I called it weeks back!

Wont happen.

Now lebedevs has quit

Yep. Just seen it on the website, press release:

(http://www.kingslynnstars.co/index.php/elite/stars-news/191-lebedevs-steps-down-from-stars-team)

I've seen Gavin Caney put on twitter:

Gavin Caney ‏@GavinCaney 45m Just spoken to Rob Lyon quickly. Says Lebedevs has lost his confidence & wants to return to UK next year with his own equipment #edp24

Edited by rhidassa

gobsmacked lynn fans think they have the best track , the best manager , the best everything, what's that now , 2 riders quit there in the last month :shock:

Edited by hans fan
  • Like 3

It would bring a lot of people back.

Everything fits though. When Rory got injured we could replace with someone up to 8.2 something I believe. Nicki is on an 8.6 ish. Therefore to fit him we have to sacrafice points. The only two riders at risk of being replaced again were Lebedevs and Porsing. With Kozza's sterling performances recently, and being our own asset, it made perfect sense to bring him in. The only person he could replace is Lebedevs, to release enough points to possibly fit Nicki in. However you cannot replace an assessed rider. With Lebedevs 'quitting' the decision is taken out of Lynns hands and a replacement is permitted. With Kozza almost guaranteed to be the permanent signing, we can now fit Nicki for Rory.

I just hope I'm right, although won't be suprised if it doesn't materialize.

How can that work? Whats Kozza's EL average? Schlein is on 6.78 (7.12 for home guests); Pedersen was 8.61 after 20(?) meetings in 2011? Current team average (with Schlein and Lebedevs) is 41.05.

How can that work? Whats Kozza's EL average? Schlein is on 6.78 (7.12 for home guests); Pedersen was 8.61 after 20(?) meetings in 2011? Current team average (with Schlein and Lebedevs) is 41.05.

Dependant on if Kozza will use his EL average of 3 something.

Good news For Kings lynn as the Latvia Has been hopeless ,with a bit of luck Porsing will do the same

Edited by orion

Dont know why he is a good prospect and has had some reasonable meetings as has porsing. Dont know what kings lynn have done to have so much bad luck in one season but buster wont let them dwell on it

With tonight's showing so far, Pedersen or no Pedersen we've got no chance

Good news For Kings lynn as the Latvia Has been hopeless ,with a bit of luck Porsing will do the same

clueless just about sums you up

With tonight's showing so far, Pedersen or no Pedersen we've got no chance

thats about it......

Shame about Lebedev, presumably when we brought him on board it was agreed he would borrow equipment. He does show potential, so hopefully we can get him on board next season when he sets himself up properly in the UK with his own equipment.

On the plus side, hope Kozza is signed back on full time now...

Edited by kelvinht