British Speedway Forum
Daniel Smith

King's Lynn Stars 2013

This may be harsh, we're doing well, at it's early season but I think it's fair.

Kozza has come back way to soon IMO for the EL. May be a few meetings under his belt with Berwick may change things but at the moment the EL is way above him

Opinions

This may be harsh, we're doing well, at it's early season but I think it's fair.

Kozza has come back way to soon IMO for the EL. May be a few meetings under his belt with Berwick may change things but at the moment the EL is way above him

Opinions

Totally agree no where near ready for this level of racing I,m not criticising him at all he's had a year out needs meetings to get 100% race fit with Berwick before even thinking he can compete at this higher level .

And replace him with who? Sticking by him now means we'll get the benefit later in the season. He'll get back to full speed more quickly with more meetings rather than less.

And replace him with who? Sticking by him now means we'll get the benefit later in the season. He'll get back to full speed more quickly with more meetings rather than less.

Well said that man. I am in no doubt Kozza will improve and be a valued member of the squad. Kozza wasn't the reason we lost last night. There were other members who should have done much better then they did. I thought, in the end, the belief they showed, disappeared,

Ok Kozza has not set the World on fire in the opening meetings. Have faith, it will come. As the seasons progresses other riders will have dips in form. Once he starts getting some decent scores for Berwick, it will come.

If anyone wanting Kozza dropped can find a better option on 3.38 or doubling up on just under 5 from the PL then good luck to you.

• Like 1

If anyone wanting Kozza dropped can find a better option on 3.38 or doubling up on just under 5 from the PL then good luck to you.

not any where in my post did I say drop Kozza and in no way am I having a go at him I'm just saying he is finding it tough needs meetings to regain confidence and he won't do that trailing round at the back riding for Lynn when he starts banging big scored in for Berwick that's when riding for Lynn will be good for rider and club .

Fair point Haza. Luckily we have another reserve in Seb who is doing the business at the moment and we are picking up points in every match so Kozza has time to get himself up to speed again. Two matches against Coventry next week, same as Good Friday we should be looking at 4 points minimum and hopefully more.

Neither have I said he should be dropped.

I just feel the lad could be having his confidence ripped apart only getting 3 rides a meeting. So far he's scored 5 from 10 rides.

Has Richie Worrall got a Elite berth yet ? Just saying, as Baggy was asking to name a decent rider on an average that would fit.

I don't think Kozza's confidence will be hit too hard if he can score double figures for Berwick each week like he did last Saturday. Apart from P'boro away he's beaten an opponent in each meeting for Lynn so far.

To answer semion Worrall only needs to ride in one more match for his average to jump up to five and a half. Can't see Belle Vue letting that happen.

You think they may want to keep under wraps for the reminder of the season ? Anyway lets hope Buster and Rob stick with Kozza for a good while yet. After all he is no Ricky Wallace. ;) I feel sure come the end of the season Smith will have increased his starting average.

Must agree.

Smith has shown he can have good meetings in the EL, but is still finding his feet coming back from injury.

Give the lad time!

Kings Lynn need to give Kozza time, They didn't give Dakota North any time last season.

With inexperianced/young riders... You need to stick with them and they will prove you right in time

Jepsen Jensen rode like a novice on his Panthers debut at Coventry

Same with Linus Sundstrom on his debut.

He scored more than his average in the home meeting against Peterborough. He is not there to be a world beater he is there to just get a few points, he is also there to help bond the team as he is a very good team player ask any rider who has ridden with him. and also he is good with the fans give the guy a break we have only ridden 3 meetings !!