British Speedway Forum

Could be out of Gregs reach now to claim another title, the only hope is for Nicki to pull it off at Torun.

HAVE to agree that the racing wasn't great, which was a shame given that the attendance was over 17,000. When the covers came off the track was very hard and required watering. Then came a shower but it was a bitterly cold evening and the surface became quite heavy. It just never developed into a good racing circuit, although MJJ proved that passing was possible.

Nevertheless, a very fitting evening for Ole Olsen, Vojens and Danish speedway with the one and only Erik Gundersen there to witness one of "his boys" claiming victory, He was very proud and emotional.

Could be out of Gregs reach now to claim another title, the only hope is for Nicki to pull it off at Torun.

HOLDER would be a worthy and excellent World Champion... so don't subscribe to the view that Nicki is "the only hope."

Only hope for what?

I take it THJRacing is sitting out a ban :lol:

Must be killing him after his boyfreind won in Vojens :rofl:

• Like 1

HAVE to agree that the racing wasn't great, which was a shame given that the attendance was over 17,000. When the covers came off the track was very hard and required watering. Then came a shower but it was a bitterly cold evening and the surface became quite heavy.

Nevertheless, a very fitting evening for Ole Olsen, Vojens and Danish speedway with the one and only Erik Gundersen there to witness one of "his boys" claiming victory, He was very proud and emotional.

HOLDER would be a worthy and excellent World Champion... so don't subscribe to the view that Nicki is "the only hope."

Only hope for what?

Didn't they know the rain was coming then, surely had they prepared the track anything but totally dry before the covers went on then it would have been a different track to what it was? It was a typical Double O track.

Why ever is it the last year of racing at Ole's track? Can't he (or whoever) stump up the money anymore or is it the end of some internal deal with the FIM BSI and Ole? I notice that a nice new grandstand has been put up since I visited there earlier in the 00s.

Holder is becoming the only rider that SKY focus on with interviews and shots between races, have all the other riders signed an interview black out or summat??

Holder'll make a great champ, 100% better than Pedersen and he races in GB, let's hope that continues :)

Didn't they know the rain was coming then, surely had they prepared the track anything but totally dry before the covers went on then it would have been a different track to what it was? It was a typical Double O track.

Why ever is it the last year of racing at Ole's track? Can't he (or whoever) stump up the money anymore or is it the end of some internal deal with the FIM BSI and Ole? I notice that a nice new grandstand has been put up since I visited there earlier in the 00s.

Holder is becoming the only rider that SKY focus on with interviews and shots between races, have all the other riders signed an interview black out or summat??

Holder'll make a great champ, 100% better than Pedersen and he races in GB, let's hope that continues :)

Nice new grandstand is i believe a temporary stand(back straight)

HAVE to agree that the racing wasn't great, which was a shame given that the attendance was over 17,000. When the covers came off the track was very hard and required watering. Then came a shower but it was a bitterly cold evening and the surface became quite heavy. It just never developed into a good racing circuit, although MJJ proved that passing was possible.

Only hope for what?

Keep your hair on Phil, just my personal choice, no malice or ill feeling intended.

Believe reason Vojens not doing more GPs for time being is Stadium being developed, roof on?

Would anyone be able to tell me the record that Sky played at the very end of the coverage please?

Thanks in advance :t:

Only hope for what?

Up until this GP was firmly supporting Holder, however the actions of his 'team mate/sponsor mate' leave a sour taste and I hope Nicki takes the crown now

What a boring meeting, was it because Olsen built the track? He was the man who a few years ago killed off GP speedway with his slick tracks. The SKY team thought it may have been the covers producing an inconsistant track, if this is so then it's a major reason not to introduce track covers in the UK. It would have been better if the meeting had been cancelled after Fridays rain as at least the fans would not have been cheated by paying their money for what they thought was going to be an evenings entertainment.

DON'T think the 17,000 mainly Danish fans there went away complaining. MJJ showed that passing was possible.

Have said many, many times that track preparation isn't an exact science and sometimes weather conditions conspire to make them what they are. It wasn't Ole Olsen's fault, it wasn't Tony Olsson's fault, it wasn't anyone's fault. Vojens has never been a fantastic circuit in my opinion and many riders claim it is quite tricky to get right. But, then again, a 20-year-old found the best way round.

Take the positives, just two points separate two riders going into the final round before a sell-out crowd on one of the best race-tracks anywhere.

DON'T think the 17,000 mainly Danish fans there went away complaining. MJJ showed that passing was possible.

Have said many, many times that track preparation isn't an exact science and sometimes weather conditions conspire to make them what they are. It wasn't Ole Olsen's fault, it wasn't Tony Olsson's fault, it wasn't anyone's fault. Vojens has never been a fantastic circuit in my opinion and many riders claim it is quite tricky to get right. But, then again, a 20-year-old found the best way round.

Take the positives, just two points separate two riders going into the final round before a sell-out crowd on one of the best race-tracks anywhere.

The Final round has been moved to Wolverhampton ????

Freddie 7 ride maximum :approve:

Got to agree, can't remember there ever being a decent GP from Vojens over the years, or any other televised meeting, usually for the reason that it's Ole's track, no dirt on it. Can't understand why anyone was expecting anything different last night.

Fair play to MJJ, he does seem to be very grounded for a young lad, great to watch last night.

Believe reason Vojens not doing more GPs for time being is Stadium being developed, roof on?

In the programme Ole Olsen says reason is due to facilities don't meet BSI requirements anymore. I don't believe this, you got places like Terenzano that have lot worst facilities and only get couple of thousand there.

I think there is some politics going on, for some reason Vojens doesn't have a league team any more either. You now have a purpose built speedway stadium now that is going to go to waste not being used.