British Speedway Forum

Oh Dam. That means I have to honour the promise to Halifaxtiger, to go to Plymouth for the first time ever on our mini Southern tour together.

Delighted for the new consortium and all the fans, especially the ones who have stopped going who now can return to their local track.

See ya all there.

Sh*te. I'd forgotten about that........... :D

Will look forward to it David. :drink:

• Like 1

Great to hear your all sorted for 2013,two teams for the south west is good news.

Will Godfrey Spargo be bringing his good friend the former Reading Team Manager ivan Shears back into the fold. Shears is now based in Plymouth and the two used to room together on a lot of the Reading away tours when Spargo used to mentor Shears.

So let the team building commence!

Whilst I'm just delighted the Devils are going to be at the tapes come March I'm sure we all have ideas about who we'd like to see in the Devils bib for next season. I'd like to think the new consortium will have seen the past disasters with top heavy teams and will go for a more all round strength in depth approach.

Of last year's finishing septet Barker has gone and Ksiezak has retired. Leaving Fish, Cory, Todd, Jake and Jimmy. I can't see the latter two returning myself but Cory and Todd could well be back me thinks. If that did happen Todd has to be at reserve and Cory needs a much better season than last. As for the Fish well he's on a far more attractive average of 8.78 but I'm hearing he's already signed for three different PL clubs so who knows on that one. I'd love him to return though!

As for the rest of the team well I'd love to see Nick Morris personally, I think he could well improve on his 8.00 starting figure. Given his connections to Spargo, I wouldn't be surprised to see Emiliano Sanchez in Devils colours next year either. I'd welcome a return for Glanz as he's only on 3.69 and lots of improvement in him in my opinion and he's a Devils asset.

All interesting and I can't wait to see who actually dons the bib for next year.

GREAT News for all at Plymouth Speedway. :t::party: :party:

Let's all hope that the 'Devils' go from strength to strength from now on. :approve:

I'm really chuffed about this - it has made my day. :drink:

• Like 1

Today is feels like Christmas day when you were a child, the Devils have been saved at the 11th hour!!!I have not felt so much excitement about the season starting and team building. Personally Cory and Todd returning would be all I would want back and Brady Kurtz and Jack Holder added for reserve!! That would leave us a whole load of points for fill the remaining 3 spots....!!! Oh I love today!! Gino!!!

So let the team building commence!

Whilst I'm just delighted the Devils are going to be at the tapes come March I'm sure we all have ideas about who we'd like to see in the Devils bib for next season. I'd like to think the new consortium will have seen the past disasters with top heavy teams and will go for a more all round strength in depth approach.

Of last year's finishing septet Barker has gone and Ksiezak has retired. Leaving Fish, Cory, Todd, Jake and Jimmy. I can't see the latter two returning myself but Cory and Todd could well be back me thinks. If that did happen Todd has to be at reserve and Cory needs a much better season than last. As for the Fish well he's on a far more attractive average of 8.78 but I'm hearing he's already signed for three different PL clubs so who knows on that one. I'd love him to return though!

As for the rest of the team well I'd love to see Nick Morris personally, I think he could well improve on his 8.00 starting figure. Given his connections to Spargo, I wouldn't be surprised to see Emiliano Sanchez in Devils colours next year either. I'd welcome a return for Glanz as he's only on 3.69 and lots of improvement in him in my opinion and he's a Devils asset.

All interesting and I can't wait to see who actually dons the bib for next year.

I agree with everything you say in your post Mike, a top heavy team we don't need, Barker yes a great rider but having even at home did not stop teams coming with a game plan winning on are track, and i think come the end of the speedway season he did not ride for the team.

Has Barker actually signed for Ipswich? I remember Ricky Ashworth apparently signing for the devils last season and we all know what happened there! Considering the links Ben still has and the uncertainty all over now maybe his head might be turned?? Personally u don't particularly want to see Fisher back as I really don't think he was that good on the SBA! I would love to see Doyle as the number 1 and every rider balanced around him! Plymouth need a good all round side and finish mid table to have a good season and I just hope now they can move on and go from strength to strength and see the anti Bowden bridgade return then good times will return!!!

ben was a great rider for plymouth virtually unbeatable at home but unless you have the riders to back him up he is often fighting a lone battle, ithink plymouth will have a more balanced look next season with kurts and anderson at reserve cory in the main body of the team and a couple of 7.5 ave riders and couple of 6.5 riders maybe alden,lemmo,wells,north would do for me

Barker will be a massive miss! The problem for Plymouth last year was A, signing Fisher as well making them way too top heavy, and then B building poorly further down the side.

Barker is a guaranteed points machine in this league and the fact he's also very entertaining is a massive bonus.

Plymouth's loss is definitely Ipswich' gain.

But at least Plymouth are still in there fighting which is fantastic news.

ben was a great rider for plymouth virtually unbeatable at home but unless you have the riders to back him up he is often fighting a lone battle, ithink plymouth will have a more balanced look next season with kurts and anderson at reserve cory in the main body of the team and a couple of 7.5 ave riders and couple of 6.5 riders maybe alden,lemmo,wells,north would do for me

I really hope we don't have Anderson, he's no more than an average reserve, I'd take Glanz over him every day or for that matter I'd go for Stefan Nielsen if we need a 3 pointer.