British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Paulco

Glasgow 2013

This of course should not be a political forum, but for sure the area of society who most strongly believe that there are too many immigrants taking jobs is the UK 'working class'.

You can be fairly sure there are plenty of people who read the Daily Mail and hold those strong beliefs who would never consider themselves to be working class.

Even so, it's unlikely they would consider Australians to be immigrants (illegal or otherwise) ... it's an historical and very much institutionalised view.

Politics does have to come into it, but you can also argue that this country isn't run by politicians - certainly none of the current bunch, of any political persuasion, seem capable.

• Like 2

Interesting reading in SS, new centre green presenter for next seaon is M Max getting the Heave or is he getting an assisant ?

Interesting reading in SS, new centre green presenter for next seaon is M Max getting the Heave or is he getting an assisant ?

As far as I am aware, Michael retired.

Interesting times at Glasgow. Fresh ideas from new promotion.

Michael Max certainly "retired" at the end of term. and whether he jumped or was pushed, won't be back.

Suggestions of a return by Dick Barrie (clearly well-thought-of by the new guys) are incorrect. He has admitted he was approached a while back, but declined the role.

So stand by for a fresh face, and new voice on Easter Sunday!

Well, they'll have to be good to take MM's place in my opinion. He has a terrific speedway knowledge and a very good mike voice. Ok, latterly he didn't seem to do as much to get the crowd going as he used to but I will certainly miss him.

• Like 3

Michael Max certainly "retired" at the end of term. and whether he jumped or was pushed, won't be back.

Suggestions of a return by Dick Barrie (clearly well-thought-of by the new guys) are incorrect. He has admitted he was approached a while back, but declined the role.

I believe its more a case of "pushed" than "jumped" I liked michael doing the centre green, he knew/knows his stuff.

i hope he is still doing workington.

• Like 1

Is M Max still going to be doing Worky ?

no, retired completely

Dick Barrie was at the Marriot on Saturday night, deep in conversation with promotion.

I'm told he has made a radical suggestion re meeting presentation which would, if successful, certainly freshen things up.

Dick Barrie was at the Marriot on Saturday night, deep in conversation with promotion.

I'm told he has made a radical suggestion re meeting presentation which would, if successful, certainly freshen things up.

That seems to confirm where he will be next season, BERWICK :D:wink:

That seems to confirm where he will be next season, BERWICK :D:wink:

Might do both as M Max done at Glasgow & Worky doesn't bear thinking about twice a season at Berwick is all i could stomach never mind every Sunday :blink:

• Like 1

Sad to hear that Micheal has given up his presenting days,on the times Ive seen him he`s always been very imformative and never hogged the limelight.

• Like 4