British Speedway Forum

Just when you think that the BSPA haven't got anything left to mess up they announce Ashley Birks is the 2012 premier league champion!!

Funny that,im sure he was,or did i dream it???

National League champion i believe! Or maybe not!

Edited by woz01

Don't think Craig Cook will find it funny to know his title has been taken by a rider who wasn't even in the P L riders championship.

Either they've changed it or you misread it as it now says "premier league winner" which I take to mean a member of the title winning side

What a cracking looking team AR and GP are building, can't wait for the season ticket renewal invitation (if they send them out) ;)

Patch & Rosco have said they will only use 2 riders who can double up which we now have in Morris & Birks. Unless Doyley & North go full time Elite I don't expect to see them in our side. We could only use 1 more anyway.

I reckon team for 2013

Hans Andersen

Nick Morris

Peter Kildemand

Jason Doyle

Troy Batchelor

Dakota North

Ashley Birks

Let the title defence begin

With 7.12 for the reserves & assuming Masters isn't available, I'd have gone for Lindgren & Lawson rather than those two.

Depending on whom we sign at 1&5 i think Doyley's place looks very much under doubt especially with Birks and the Kid doubling up...cant believe we will go for Ashley AND Dak at reserve...way too vulnerable...plus anyway that side actually features FOUR double uppers!

Ok so Hyabb beat me to it but great minds i guess..... ;):D

No the reason Swindon have let him go is because he isnt up to the job on the away circuits.

That's pretty much it bigcatdiary.

Bit of a leap of faith this.

Birks could be anything but is certainly a risk at this early stage in his career. Could be a year soon for a move to the EL.

Time will tell I guess. In Rosco we trust!

I don't think it is too early Adder. Ashley looked decent last season guesting for us at Blunsdon. He needs extra laps pre-season and he will dial in to the Abbey fine. He is a winner, and he is joining the Champions. Great to have the winning habit.

Might be the only Englishman in this years team too!

Just when you think that the BSPA haven't got anything left to mess up they announce Ashley Birks is the 2012 premier league champion!!

Scunny 92 (including Ashley Birks) Somerset 91, I think you'll find. :wink:

All the best

Rob

• Like 1

Scunny 92 (including Ashley Birks) Somerset 91, I think you'll find. :wink:

All the best

Rob

That was the premier league play offs which unlike the elite league is not the same as the premier league title.

Depending on whom we sign at 1&5 i think Doyley's place looks very much under doubt especially with Birks and the Kid doubling up...cant believe we will go for Ashley AND Dak at reserve...way too vulnerable...plus anyway that side actually features FOUR double uppers!

Ok so Hyabb beat me to it but great minds i guess..... ;):D

I reckon the team will include Janowski instead of Doyley though Shocks.

North will be signed as a full time asset, leaving Morris and Ash to double up. The top 5 will be strong enough, and with North likely to improve and become a competitive reserve, we are looking fine and dandy i reckon.

I reckon the team will include Janowski instead of Doyley though Shocks.

North will be signed as a full time asset, leaving Morris and Ash to double up. The top 5 will be strong enough, and with North likely to improve and become a competitive reserve, we are looking fine and dandy i reckon.

Cracking signing as an assett if that's the case with Dak & can always double up later in the season like Nick did last season.

Really sad to see Doyley go though so will be making regular trips to Summerset nxt season.

I will get slated by the Stead lovers no doubt and it does seem like I dislike him. But honestly nothing is further from the truth. I was glad he proved me wrong and stepped up to the plate in the play offs and I said all season it would mean more winning the league with him in the team. But facts are facts and nothing can disguise the fact he managed to drop another point off his already "false" average in 2012.

I actually think a move away will do him good. He gets an easy ride at Swindon because most fans forgive him for anything. Going to another club where he needs to prove himself again could work out well for him. Good luck to him I say.

Yes but you are ignoring the facts. When he got a new engine & Ashley Holloway tuning his engine, he looked a different rider. With him now doubling up at Sheffield & provided he sticks with Ashley Holloway, I'm sure he will improve his average by at least 1+ & luckily for Swindon, he won't be able to ride against the Robins at the Abbey. I however, will miss seeing him, even when things were not going his way, he did not go hiding & still gave his all!

• Like 1