British Speedway Forum

It's the first time "legal implications" has been mentioned in any press release thus far. That is the most important part of the whole report.

For that to come off Troy & Hans will have to raise the case themselves & I can't see them doing that in a million years.

I does seem Peterborough hold all the cards here as Swindon really need Hans & Troy as they've left themselves no back-up plan

• Like 2

Pretty sure Troy will be more concerned that the club that owns him doesn't want him in their team for the scond year running.

No, only the one year.

They tried to contact him a year ago but he disappeared off of their radar, reappearing again when Panthers' team was complete and with a team spot at Swindon.

Edited by Vincent Blackshadow
  • Like 1

Pretty sure Troy will be more concerned that the club that owns him doesn't want him in their team for the scond year running.

Thats not correct, Troy went 'missing' off season after the 2011 campaign. We all know he is a loose canon, he has spats everywhere he rides, and thats probably why no one wants to buy him.
  • Like 1

It's amazing what you can do by editing someone's post to suit your argument :rolleyes: For someone who bangs on about the rules 24/7, you definitely break them!

Bringing the sport into disrepute? You're having a giraffe :rofl:

I wasn't aware of the rule but will adhere to it now that you've kindly pointed it out. I'm sure that you'll enjoy the longer reply posts dealing with your whole quoted posts!

Not sure how I'm having a laugh but it'll be fun finding out. Could be looking at the season starting on May 6 if we're lucky?

• Like 2

I does seem Peterborough hold all the cards here as Swindon really need Hans & Troy as they've left themselves no back-up plan

Correct. Patchett is sounding desperate and beginning to crack under the pressure.

• Like 1

Seems like a good idea to me :approve:

Just like every other promoter who cherry picks the rules in place including Peterborough (letting Coventry speak to Andersen and not Swindon clearly breaks the rules as Patch pointed out) :rolleyes:

There seems to be an awful lot of “assumptions” about what has been going on.

And I know no more than anyone else.

Everyone seems to assume that Hans was going on loan to Coventry is that true?

There were a lot of suggestion about Harris joining Peterborough prior to the AGM, perhaps Peterborough and Coventry were contemplating an asset switch. In which case Coventry talking to Hans would make sense. Obviously this would have been wrecked by the 2 from the top 20 rule implemented at the AGM.

Everyone seems to be saying Peterborough are objecting to Troy going on loan to Swindon – is that the case? Perhaps and I only speculate that a “Master of the Dark arts” at the BSPA may be reminding key decision makers on the management committee of some of the alleged guidelines in the alleged promoters handbook.

Everyone seems to be assuming Peterborough have a financial gain in this – perhaps they do, but other promoters may perceive they have a “greater” strategic game by disrupting some of the team building plans.

Peterborough have stated they have released Hans. Swindon have stated they are aware of Hans being released ,so who or what is the hold up?

Was it ever announced why the bids for Hans were so suddenly and quickly withdrawn?

Previous closed season disagreements are a good indicator of the games some of these individuals try to play.

Editied for spelling - (I blame the ITA used in the Mid 60's)

Edited by TAST
  • Like 1

best hope they have

wasn't it swindon who said in 2009 if nobody buys batch he'll not be riding for another club :t:

Do you mean this: :neutral: (Friday December 04, 2009)

THE FOLLOWING STATEMENT has been issued regarding Swindon Asset, Troy Batchelor.

Troy was very much part of our team building plans for 2010 until he ruled himself out of the equation. Having decided against a return to Swindon he has been made available for transfer and only those clubs meeting our valuation will be given permission to speak to the rider.

No fee has been agreed with the Peterborough promotion and consequently permission to approach the rider has not been given.

Until such time as this criteria has been met Troy Batchelor remains a Swindon asset and will not ride for another club. We are, therefore, very surprised to learn that the Peterborough promotion have announced him in their team for 2010.

www.swindonrobins

Interesting last line given today's statement - two wrongs don't make a right do they? I'm sure that Panthers got a rap on the knuckles of some sort and both clubs were reminded of their reponsibilities?

Edited by Crump99
  • Like 9

thought he stated in the swindon adver he didn't want to ride for panthers ???

The adver is always getting things wrong so don't pay much attention to what gets printed in it.

Do you mean this: :neutral: (Friday December 04, 2009)

THE FOLLOWING STATEMENT has been issued regarding Swindon Asset, Troy Batchelor.

Troy was very much part of our team building plans for 2010 until he ruled himself out of the equation. Having decided against a return to Swindon he has been made available for transfer and only those clubs meeting our valuation will be given permission to speak to the rider.

No fee has been agreed with the Peterborough promotion and consequently permission to approach the rider has not been given.

Until such time as this criteria has been met Troy Batchelor remains a Swindon asset and will not ride for another club. We are, therefore, very surprised to learn that the Peterborough promotion have announced him in their team for 2010.

www.swindonrobins

Now, how was that impasse sorted?

Oh yes, Peterborough stumped up the necessary and bought him.

The Panthers' stance doesn't seem unreasonable now, does it!

Edited by Vincent Blackshadow
  • Like 4

thats the point. They shouldn't have to speak to them earlier in the year. The rules are in place so that there is an advantage to owning assets. You get first refusal on their services unless a club decides to break the rules and make an illegal approach.

Be real this is 2013, are you nieve or what! be ahead of the game be in front assets now don't mean nothing saying that your rubbishey club have a few but still don't have a team in place. Edited by sidney

Be real this is 2013, are you nieve or what! be ahead of the game be in front assets now don't mean nothing saying that your rubbishey club have a few but still don't have a team in place.

if assets mean nothing why did swindon buy morris ??? why's panthers club rubbish

Be real this is 2013, are you nieve or what! be ahead of the game be in front assets now don't mean nothing saying that your rubbishey club have a few but still don't have a team in place.

Is it a race to have a team in place, is that a new regulation that has passed me by ! Be assured, P'boro have their team in place, its their business when they wish to announce it.

According to the rule book though they still mean something!

According to the rule book though they still mean something!

The rules will probably change next week so don't hold your breath this is British speedway we are talking about.

Ha and this is the final version after editing?