British Speedway Forum

Could've been a deal with a sponsor, a landlord to rent a house, who knows, but didn't mention a team or what sort of deal!

why was it deleted so quick then?

PBoro

Events have suggested since that it might have been another team, if it happened at all

what events?

why was it deleted so quick then?

Perhaps because he was advised to by his manager or other wise person of the multitude of ways it might be interpreted and that it might cause issues with sorting out a riding deal if ever permission was granted to let him speak to potential clubs for 2013?

Edited by 65Sarge

The thing though Matt is some teams don't have 2nd strings or reserves as assetts so have to get riders in on loan & likewise their parent club can only fit so many in as with Steady, Mads, Zengi, Doyley etc so some clubs work together to sort things out.

Everyone is struggling for money & yet we expect Gary to buy riders as assetts rather than loan.

About time they started living in the real world.

theres a nice car in the showroom down the road. I need a car to get to work but can't afford the one I really want. Funnily enough when I suggested he loan me the car as there is a recession on he laughed me out of the dealership and told me to find a car I could afford.....

Perhaps because he was advised to by his manager or other wise person of the multitude of ways it might be interpreted and that it might cause issues with sorting out a riding deal if ever permission was granted to let him speak to potential clubs for 2013?

ok I believe you.
  • Like 1

theres a nice car in the showroom down the road. I need a car to get to work but can't afford the one I really want. Funnily enough when I suggested he loan me the car as there is a recession on he laughed me out of the dealership and told me to find a car I could afford.....

ok I believe you.

Grow up as it's not eaven similar & I could say I own a house that I want to sell but can't as nobody can afford to buy it so what's my options then, oh hang on I can rent it out until the possibilty of things getting better.

This is more of a similarity than what you give as Hans & Troy are Peterborough assetts & Swindon or dare I say it Belle Vue can only afford to loan(Rent) them so that's my only real option of getting some return on my initial outlay.

I know what I would do & it has nothing to do with being a Swindon fan as both riders could still go to Belle Vue also.

• Like 2

ok I believe you.

what's that got to do with this? the riders are self employed.

They are not and have never been employees of Peterborough, therefore, technically Frost has no call on their services. I am not sure how and why the asset system was set up but it was done in the days before European and Employment laws.

That is why any rider will ride where they want. Frost, I am afraid to say, although I do empathise with how things have gone for him since he has come in to speedway, may have now put speedway in a position where the asset system could be tested in a court of law.

• Like 1

what's that got to do with this? the riders are self employed.

They are not and have never been employees of Peterborough, therefore, technically Frost has no call on their services. I am not sure how and why the asset system was set up but it was done in the days before European and Employment laws.

That is why any rider will ride where they want. Frost, I am afraid to say, although I do empathise with how things have gone for him since he has come in to speedway, may have now put speedway in a position where the asset system could be tested in a court of law.

Tested by who ? The cost would be enormous, it will never happen.

ok I believe you.

But if he couldnt sell the car, as nobody else wants it,surely he would rather loan it otherwise he has. no money coming in at all

• Like 1

The thing though Matt is some teams don't have 2nd strings or reserves as assetts so have to get riders in on loan & likewise their parent club can only fit so many in as with Steady, Mads, Zengi, Doyley etc so some clubs work together to sort things out.

Everyone is struggling for money & yet we expect Gary to buy riders as assetts rather than loan.

About time they started living in the real world.

Swindon could have used any of those riders you mentioned, but instead we chose Eddie Kennett, who's a Coventry asset. There is a lot of movement between clubs of second-strings and reserves.

However, we have no heatleader assets, therefore are totally reliant on another team loaning us one. Peterborough have six headleaders, therefore it seems a fairly obvious conclusion for Swindon to buy the riders they require, rather than loan them season after season.

Of course, the flip side to this is that I can completely understand why Swindon don't want to buy anyone, based upon a) the imminent meltdown on the asset system and B) the potential of there being no Elite League in 2014 (which may also explain Peterborough's eagerness to sell riders).

Ergo, we find ourselves in stalemate.

• Like 1

But if he couldnt sell the car, as nobody else wants it,surely he would rather loan it otherwise he has. no money coming in at all

All car dealerships offer contract hire as well as selling the car outright. The dealer will usually make more money doing a contract hire deal and probably sell another car at the end of the contract. Maybe this is where speedway is going wrong?

• Like 1

Tested by who ? The cost would be enormous, it will never happen.

That's what they said about football! Ended up by getting tested by an unknown Belgium player with very little assets & resulted in the transfer system in football being deemed illegal. The system for football at that time was very similar to the speedway asset system, where the club still held the footballer's registration even tho' the contract had ended. Only wants one lawyer on a no win, no fee basis to test out the system. I would have thought it would be a win, win situation for him as could claim his costs from the BSPA. If this happened, my guess that the BSPA would cave in before it got to court as I think they know they would have no chance of winning in court!

Would that be the same showroom that has the Larssen, Fisher and Hougaard models available?

Would that be the same showroom that has the Larssen, Fisher and Hougaard models available?

LOL Good one, MR! :lol:

Not sure the hougaard model is available yet but yes sounds like the same showroom. It's a nice showroom and they have quite a lot of good quality stock but they have been told they can only have two nice cars on show and so have been forced to give up the NKI model as there is a second hand car dealer in Kings Lynn doesn't have much stock of their own. There is a similar second hand car dealer in Swindon that needs bailing out too apparently...

Edited by Noodles
  • Like 3

That's what they said about football! Ended up by getting tested by an unknown Belgium player with very little assets & resulted in the transfer system in football being deemed illegal. The system for football at that time was very similar to the speedway asset system, where the club still held the footballer's registration even tho' the contract had ended. Only wants one lawyer on a no win, no fee basis to test out the system. I would have thought it would be a win, win situation for him as could claim his costs from the BSPA. If this happened, my guess that the BSPA would cave in before it got to court as I think they know they would have no chance of winning in court!

The football contract and transfer system has no similarity to the current speedway system. Bosman was out of contract with his then current club but had no other club to play for and no money coming in since he wan't being allowed to up-sticks and go anywhere else. He had no job whatever. The riders currently embroiled in this saga have two, three or even four well-paid jobs elsewhere. It's anybody's guess what the arbiters at a court hearing would decide if all the facts are known, such as the riders concerned had all agreed, at some stage, to become assets and allow Peterborough a say in their futures.

I would suggest the likelihood of an ambulance-chasing freebie to you lawyer taking this on would be practically nil since they like quick easy cases of a sort they're familiar with rather than a potentially lengthy case disputing a system they know nothing about.

?

Is that official?

Speculation maybe, but doesn't all the evidence point in one direction?

Who else do you suppose it might have been?

I don't suppose anything as i wasn't able to mind-read Batchelor`s brain when he posted.

Swindon - maybe, Peterborough - maybe, Belle Vue - possibly.