British Speedway Forum

A few weeks ago we could potentially replaced EK with MJJ, now his average is too low, what other options are there?

Leon madsen?

Lakeside and monmore are small tracks and suit Eddie. At present they are in the play off spots. All Swindon fans need to get behind the bloke.

Unfortunately Eddie's score at Wolverhampton was not good. How much longer can we give him to sort out whatever the problem is.

Rosco needs to step in quick and buy Kennett from the Bees before he is snapped up by Wolves. Robins could do a swap with Zengota with a little cash coming Bees way .

Not sure that would be a wise move. Edited by A ORLOV

Rosco needs to step in quick and buy Kennett from the Bees before he is snapped up by Wolves. Robins could do a swap with Zengota with a little cash coming Bees way .

Haha good Joke, little money coming Robins way more like, hopefully we won't even consider taking kennett back, we have Doyley to come back thanks... :wink:

Leon madsen?

Good shout.

• Like 1

Aug 26th when we meet Poole could be another opportunity to use David Bellago as Scunthorpe are riding that day.

Today David is replacing Ashley for Scunthorpe at Workington.

Edited by A ORLOV
  • Like 1

We are now getting to the nitty gritty of the season wondered how the budgie fans generally feel.My take on it is we are still in a great position myself i have not been convinced with us all year the results generally have been good.I am old school so i am not for tweaking and changes but would except it if we did.In hindsight easy now to say but i always wanted Doyley in would of certainly found room for him in our team and i always hoped we might get Bech at some stage i hope we might in the future.The bright spots this year PK is not far off becoming a fully fledged no 1/2 in the team improving fast also young Nick well has impressed me.ER i will say i was totally wrong mate about your comment about Nick you said he will be a rider for years to come and you are right.He now is showing why he is so highly rated he is up there with PK now as our best rider from the back an inside or out passer this week passed both Barker/King with precision.Will carry on supporting the boys and hope everything clicks into place i have enjoyed this year when the meetings are regular some lovely weather and the racing has been good.Off the subject a bit really watched Smolinski closely on Thursday and memories of Crash Ashby came back how he was continually working the line forcefully.Martin was a master at his inside cutbacks forever doing it at the Abbey Smolinski is an interesting rider to watch with his moves.

Well Sidney, like you I think we're well placed for the play-offs but I am a little worried about our Skipper's loss of form and poor old Eddie K's loss of confidence/self belief/mojo or whatever. He gets an absolute battering on this forum but I'm with you and feel all the Robins fans should get behind him and try and help him get through whatever it is that's troubling him. I doubt if he'll be at the Abbey next year but while he's racing for us he get's my backing.

As for the rest of the guys; PK is great to watch especially his swoops around the second bend which are a fantastic sight to behold! Batch is maturing into a fine and dependable heat leader and has stood in so well as Captain when called upon. He's always looking out for the junior riders and is very willing to team ride as he did last Thursday when Hans was struggling. Nick 'the Kid' is really starting to flourish and fulfill his potential; his readjustment to let PK through last Thursday shows a maturity and racing savvy beyond his years.

As for the two reserves, definitely worth sticking with in my opinion. Kyle has been outstanding in some of our away fixtures and am sure is getting closer to get dialed into Blunsdon. I think Ashley may need a little more time but again he'll get there.

Finally, Rosco's doing it again; showing he knows how to assemble a team and get the best out of it - arguably Swindon's greatest asset?

• Like 2

Aug 26th when we meet Poole could be another opportunity to use David Bellago as Scunthorpe are riding that day.

Today David is replacing Ashley for Scunthorpe at Workington.

What about His Premier League team Berwick who are at Rye House that day?

• Like 1

What about His Premier League team Berwick who are at Rye House that day?

My error, I did look at bspa fixtures but missed that.

Fixture change.

Thurs Aug 22 now sees Belle Vue visit Blunsdon, and Lakeside now visit on monday Sep 9th which will be shown on SKY.

Edited by A ORLOV

Fixture change.

Thurs Aug 22 now sees Belle Vue visit Blunsdon, and Lakeside now visit on monday Sep 9th which will be shown on SKY.

Maybe they might have to consider Lakeside being a ten pound night with it being on Sky.?

Maybe they might have to consider Lakeside being a ten pound night with it being on Sky.?

It should be £10 every week.

• Like 1

It should be £10 every week.

I agree 'Crazy ( but it wont ever happen?) also nearly 4 pound for a pint is a joke and does anyone no what happened to the souvenir shop non existent.

Souvenir shop is on line Sid. A money saving venture. Bellevue fixture should be a tenner to get in as should the Sky match. Zagar apart, the Aces are simply not an attractive fixture this season sadly. Similarly Lakeside won't be drawing the crowds to Blunsdon. Both teams (whilst accepting they have made changes) were the most inept sides I have witnessed at Swindon for many a year and both have to visit us again. So, the management should be looking at 2 of the remaining fixtures for £10 entry. The Poole visit will be of interest, due to their precarious play off position and the fact that it is a local derby of sorts and will naturally be a big crowd. Anyway Sid, I thought you jump over the wall, or is that Keef? What's happened to our forum Taxi Driver recently? :o