British Speedway Forum

Souvenir shop is basically Swindon stuff where the old travel and programme hut used to be..no longer sells all that crap souvenirs that Enjay used to ....

Souvenir shop is on line Sid. A money saving venture. Bellevue fixture should be a tenner to get in as should the Sky match. Zagar apart, the Aces are simply not an attractive fixture this season sadly. Similarly Lakeside won't be drawing the crowds to Blunsdon. Both teams (whilst accepting they have made changes) were the most inept sides I have witnessed at Swindon for many a year and both have to visit us again. So, the management should be looking at 2 of the remaining fixtures for £10 entry. The Poole visit will be of interest, due to their precarious play off position and the fact that it is a local derby of sorts and will naturally be a big crowd. Anyway Sid, I thought you jump over the wall, or is that Keef? What's happened to our forum Taxi Driver recently? :o

I have done it ER and have felt very ashamed of it ever since? my mum always wondered how i could afford loads of souvenirs.You are spot on with those two fixtures both 10 pound nights and the last crowd was a bit worrying certainly now with the Town back playing. Edited by sidney

Fixture change.

Thurs Aug 22 now sees Belle Vue visit Blunsdon, and Lakeside now visit on monday Sep 9th which will be shown on SKY.

Lots of notice for Belle Vue & Lakeside away fans who had made plans, 1 week before

Still no explanation as to why Hansi chose to ride in Denmark rather than UK? The promotion need to be transparent and keep their fans informed. I for one am waiting for an explanation! :rolleyes:

looks like you've got it in Today's Swindon Advertiser! No doubt you're still blaming te riders! Issue has been around long enough!

Well Swindon dont, and i would guess P'boro have a small claim on them having purchased them in the first place. If you cant afford them, lower your sights and live within your means. :D

Visionary from bluepanter or some would say it was obvious sometime ago! Swindon have done a disservice to Speedway.
  • Like 1

looks like you've got it in Today's Swindon Advertiser! No doubt you're still blaming te riders! Issue has been around long enough!

I think you need to read my posts properly! I blame the promotion for the situation and the riders for the action they took! :rolleyes:

• Like 1

I joined this forum so I could post in defence of Mr Kennett as he was getting such a hard time on here. I may be wrong but is he the only Swindon rider without another team? So does that mean other than guesting he has had no income? I think I know why he liked his time at Berwick and why his form has tailed off.

I think you need to read my posts properly! I blame the promotion for the situation and the riders for the action they took! :rolleyes:

Another one that seems to be enjoying the scandal Steve0....

Lots of notice for Belle Vue & Lakeside away fans who had made plans, 1 week before

I have every sympathy for the fans concerned. It's the reason why I (and others I know) gave up on following the Brummies on their away travels. I lost nearly £300 on "duplicated" fuel costs and wasted hotel room payments for away trips that were rearranged in 2011, not to mention about the lost Annual Leave off work for days that should have had fixtures that eventually didn't.

The EL can stuff all that for a game of soldiers now. Away travel was so much more fun in the PL days.

So I feel the pain of the Lakeside fans who had their time and money wasted and feel sorry for the Belle Vue fans who couldn't get time off booked in time to see what was an epic win for them.

Edited by uk martin
  • Like 1

Congratulations to Rosco and his wife on the birth of their little girl Ruby

• Like 4

Have seen on another thread and just read twitter.

If the meeting with Lakeside is not going to be on sky the management may change the meeting to a week thursday, Rosco will confirm when known

Have seen on another thread and just read twitter.

If the meeting with Lakeside is not going to be on sky the management may change the meeting to a week thursday, Rosco will confirm when known

I hope they do as they were supposed to be the televised meeting & won't get as big a crowd on a Monday.

With the meeting being held on Monday, it is a bit of a worry that they're is a gap until the play/offs on the 23rd.Will this mean a few of our riders would of been inactive for a bit.?

The meeting against Lakeside IS being shown on MON the 9th.

Edit I did not mean shown on tv, although it may be, I meant run.

Edited by A ORLOV