British Speedway Forum

Serious question. I wonder what the logic is to release Magic on 6.13, sign Doyle on 6.50 but don't use him and then sign Kennett on 6.25??

This is not meant as having a go at anyone, just be interested to understand the thinking!! Midland Robin....? Cheers.

Loving Poole going top heavy again!!!! You thought they would have learnt.

They were top of the league last year .

• Like 1

What a prize Pratt you are as Jason had a higher average so couldn't be fitted anyway.

You posting on a Swindon by your warped view must mean you're worried by your thought process.

assuming Hans and Troy sign there was plenty of room average wise for Doyle instead of Kennett.

You sound like Shov. Top of the league but vulnerable all year to well balanced sides. Same will happen again next year.

By my calculations Swindon have a spare .47 of a point left,so a bit surprising they didn't have Doyle back and a bit surprising they didn't get someone better than Birks.

They only just won a lot of matches last year & Magic's no Miedzinski or Kaspzak so I can see them losing a few at home & only occasionally threatening away !!!

• Like 1

assuming Hans and Troy sign there was plenty of room average wise for Doyle instead of Kennett.

But Jason rides for the same PL team as Nick, add to that the fact that Somerset race on a friday and more EL clubs also have a race night of friday it would have been too much of a gamble having to replace two possible d/u riders.

They only just won a lot of matches last year & Magic's no Miedzinski or Kaspzak so I can see them losing a few at home & only occasionally threatening away !!!

Especially to Swindon and Kings Lynn. Edited by A ORLOV
  • Like 1

Not what the numpty of Sherbourne said though as he said Doyle instead of Nick.

• Like 1

Correct they are weaker this year just like Swindon, but i can't see how anyone can say the build there team wrong last year when they came top of the league only to be beaten by a really good Swindon side in the final after getting key riders injured before and during the final .

• Like 2

Like the look of the EL next season, still early days but a lot more balance between sides, Kings Lynn look better than most, but, as always, the more riders announced the stronger/weaker some sides look.

Swindon only wanted to use 2 doubling up riders. Had Doyle said he was going to concentrate on Elite league of course he would of been in the team. My guess is the Swindon promotion see Morris improving his average more than what Jason would...Hence he has been selected. Makes perfect sense to me. Couldn't go with 3 double uppers, should we be without Doyle you would struggle to get a rider in from the Prem league to cover Jason scores.

Again if Kennett had been doubling up it would be the same problem and I am sure Swindon would not of gone with him....

Edited by malcolm_31

The risk with the Poole team is that it relies so heavily on two riders, more so than any other team. If it was a choice of who returned out of Doyle and Morris which seems likely then Morris is the correct choice for me. Plus Kennett is potentially better than Doyle IMO.

Looking like 2012 was a one off for the Robins. This team is looking nowhere near as good as last years lineup. I like Eddie K but he is a 6 point rider. No Doyle is a major blunder for the Robins IMO. Would have chosen him over Morris any day of the week.

This team might just scrape into the playoffs, depending on announcements from other teams. But that's not a team to defend a championship. Poole and Kings Lynn already looking far stronger.

Usual tripe, Morris is more likely to improve his average as you well know. Just the usual Swindon baiting from a former resident!

• Like 3

Going back to the Swindon team there can be no doubt it's a very strong top five but the key is going to the young pole at reserve. if he is poor then we will be in trouble as Birks is likely to find it tough going .

Think i might have gone for a weaker rider in the top five and a stronger reserve but we shall see .

Edited by orion