British Speedway Forum

I see Lord Haw Haw is on the scene again. :icon_smile_clown:

There is plenty of improvement in the team still. Kennett, Batchelor, Killer and Morris can all improve half a point, which puts Swindon in the mix already.

Hans is solid and can improve slightly IMO.

Jury out on the reserves.

Team has been built correctly and difficult decisions made but a decent defence of the title assured.

Better make sure there is some Brasso on the Christmas list MR....keep that trophy gleaming. :wink:

All but BIrks have got half a point improvement in them, especially Hans.

Maybe not Batch though cos just doesn't apply himself & is destined to be an 8 pointer until he has an NKI breakthrough year!

assuming Hans and Troy sign there was plenty of room average wise for Doyle instead of Kennett.

No, with Hans & Batch it total 36.05 which only leaves 6.45. Not enough for Doyle.

No, with Hans & Batch it total 36.05 which only leaves 6.45. Not enough for Doyle.

I'm also assuming, with Nick Morris and Jason Doyle at Somerset, if there was a clash in dates it would leave Swindon pretty vulnerable.

Eddie is a decent signing, and should with change of track & Rosco's guidance add at least a point to his average. I am slightly worried about the Reserves & wonder if Zengi and extra points on a stronger reserve were considered? but otherwise its all shaping up as another good team, roll on march. :t:

Good side. If Gomolski can hit the ground running it will take a good side to finish above them.

Kennett under Rosco will be fine. Didn't look as though he was interested in riding for Horton last year and seems to get on well with Rosco. Without the pressure of a healeader role and with Rosco to give him a kick up the arse when needed he should get back to a 7.5 average.

• Like 2

Yes sorry i thought Birks would have come on a 3 point average.

Happy with the top 5 but do have serious concerns at reserve but I guess as long as they perform at home then a place in the top 4 should be well within our grasp & then anything can happen anyway.

Also glad that we've kept a large part of last seasons squad together but really can't undersatnd how the promotors didn't look to have a club assett who can come in if one of the top 5 is missing rather than r/r in the squad.

Be interesting to see if jason gets fixed up with a Elite team or will be kept in the wings in case of injury etc.

Will Zengi also go out on loan as heard he was keen on a return to Britain in 2013.

Good signing in Kennett Swindon.

Kennett will silence the critics.
  • Like 1

I think Kennett is a gamble. He has never ridden big tracks well. But fair play to him he is willing to take the risk of riding at a big track + if Rosco cant get him firing on a big track nobody will.

Hope Kennett gets the opportunity to D/U if he can score plenty in PL may do his confidence wonders.

• Like 1

a win win signing IMO, he wont lower his starting average, as to good to drop below 6.00. Will only improve, so well done Swindon.

Hans and Troy next up, leaving 6.45, Buckz or MJJ? Why not..... I mean, be nice to win the title, even though it might be a Panthers (B) team.

a win win signing IMO, he wont lower his starting average, as to good to drop below 6.00. Will only improve, so well done Swindon.

Hans and Troy next up, leaving 6.45, Buckz or MJJ? Why not..... I mean, be nice to win the title, even though it might be a Panthers ( B ) team.

We have already announced 5 riders (PK, Morris, Birks, Gomolski and Kennett) so only Hans and Troy to go and that's as many Panthers as we are going to get :wink:

Hans and Troy next up, leaving 6.45, Buckz or MJJ? Why not..... I mean, be nice to win the title, even though it might be a Panthers ( B) team.

Do not understand what you are on about, we already have 5 riders and with Hans and Troy that makes 7. Total av of 42.3. You beat me to that steve0.

Others are posting about Eddie doubling up, there are not many PL places left and we have 2 d/u riders already, not sure if 3 is good.

Edited by A ORLOV

We have already announced 5 riders (PK, Morris, Birks, Gomolski and Kennett) so only Hans and Troy to go and that's as many Panthers as we are going to get :wink:

Maths was never my strong point :lol: fair one! Alright, 3 Panthers, I think that means it would be about 38% of a title for the Panthers :lol: