British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ciderman

Play Offs, Who Will Pick Who

In Newcastle's 46-44 narrow defeat at Leicester on June 9th, it was only for Worralls (with 26 points between them) who kept the scores close. Lemo scored 3.... while Robbo scored just a single point. With both Worralls injured, I'm not sure that the Diamonds will pick Leicester as their first choice.

As a Scunny man are you attempting some reverse psychology here. If so I can't see Newcastle falling for it :lol: .

Are these matches aggregate point ? because that would affect choices .

As a Scunny man are you attempting some reverse psychology here. If so I can't see Newcastle falling for it :lol: .

Not really - if I was I would be doing it with all the subtlety of a brick ;) We'll beat whoever we have in the play-off groups :approve:

But was interested when I came across the scorers from this meeting yesterday. I assumed until then that Newcastle would, given the choice, take Leicester as their first pick. Then I looked what Robbo and Lemo scored there last time and thought, maybe not after all.

Not to say that they still won't - but it's certainly not a clear-cut choice.

All the best

Rob

Are these matches aggregate point ? because that would affect choices .

Speedibee, it's the same scoring system as in the league i.e. no aggregate points.

All the best

Rob

Edited by lucifer sam

In Newcastle's 46-44 narrow defeat at Leicester on June 9th, it was only for Worralls (with 26 points between them) who kept the scores close. Lemo scored 3.... while Robbo scored just a single point. With both Worralls injured, I'm not sure that the Diamonds will pick Leicester as their first choice.

In any case, hoping for a Diamonds v Scunny final; they are the best two teams in the league, so I hope they are the finalists.

All the best

Rob

Do you honestly think they will score 4 between them again?? :)

Choosing the right Guests is going to decide everything, looking at Scunny last night, Bunyan scoring 13 at number 3 on a 5.14 will be a very busy boy till the end of the season

Do you honestly think they will score 4 between them again?? :)

I would say it's very, very unlikely, because they are two classy riders.

Probably their worst score of the season in both cases; all riders have some tracks that they don't like as much as others.

All the best

Rob

I would say it's very, very unlikely, because they are two classy riders.

Probably their worst score of the season in both cases; all riders have some tracks that they don't like as much as others.

All the best

Rob

And we were in the lead if I remember right, and still let it slip due to those low scores.

will newcastle go for easiest opponent or potentially biggest crowd puller for the cash.

got a feeling they might go with the latter and pick edinburgh. they may go for workington and hope to get edinburgh as the 2nd pick as you would think scunthorpe will pick leicester.

the only way i see it not being that is if newcastle pick worky and scunthorpe pick edinburgh as they won at the dale. assuming newcastle pick leicester we'd end up with 3 friday night teams in the same section. that would be a mess so another reason to carve it up to a north-south divide.

looking at our scores the only place we have struggled at is workington and they are in a bit of a mess so not really worried who we get!

will newcastle go for easiest opponent or potentially biggest crowd puller for the cash.

got a feeling they might go with the latter and pick edinburgh. they may go for workington and hope to get edinburgh as the 2nd pick as you would think scunthorpe will pick leicester.

the only way i see it not being that is if newcastle pick worky and scunthorpe pick edinburgh as they won at the dale. assuming newcastle pick leicester we'd end up with 3 friday night teams in the same section. that would be a mess so another reason to carve it up to a north-south divide.

looking at our scores the only place we have struggled at is workington and they are in a bit of a mess so not really worried who we get!

I'm sure Newcastle won't pick teams just to avoid there being 3 fri teams in the other group....if they are serious about winning it they will pick whoever they feel is best for them ( I hope)after all it's not a charity or meaningless competition.....pick Leicester, then worky or Edinburgh, whichever the scorpions don't....pretty sure no one will pick Somerset first :)

• Like 2

No doubt both teams will pick the furthest away meeting for them then moan that they lost a fortune and crowds were shy te!!!!!!

I hate play off's it's a lottery now , anything can go wrong on the night. Like losing your number 1 after one heat, etc

Three knock out competitions a year not good in my opinion. They are crowd pullers though so that' s why they decided to have them.

• Like 1

I would think Newcastle will definitely go for Leicester and then whoever is left between Edinburgh and Workington as it's safe to assume Scunny won't pick Somerset first.

Personally i hope we are left with Workington as Edinburgh are very strong at home and that would worry me particularly with Cook back.

Newcastle have won the league as far as im concerned, the fact that the team finishing 6th now has a good chance of winning it is an absolute shocker

• Like 3

I don't think Newcastle will pick Edinburgh if they have the choise of thr two,, i would suspect they will pick Worky.

Edited by Starman2006