British Speedway Forum

Good to see that PK and Davy are having a run-out in the Freddie Lindgren testimonial. The track is similar to Arena and will be interesting to see how they fare against a very strong line-up.

Good to see that PK and Davy are having a run-out in the Freddie Lindgren testimonial. The track is similar to Arena and will be interesting to see how they fare against a very strong line-up.

PK can beat anyone at Monmore as its his spiritual home.

Davey has had some good meetings too.

PK can beat anyone at Monmore as its his spiritual home.

Last years 8.68 average says he has two spiritual homes now and two sets of fans that love him. Its an absolute privilege to have such a great sportsman(in every sense of the word) in the team.

With regard to Fred's testimonial and with due respect to the riders concerned I think the name of the game will be to put on a show and raise a decent wedge for Fred without doing anything silly before the season starts in earnest so I wouldn't read too much into the result. Best wishes to all riders for a good meeting.

• Like 1

Last years 8.68 average says he has two spiritual homes now and two sets of fans that love him. Its an absolute privilege to have such a great sportsman(in every sense of the word) in the team.

Make that three sets of fans. He was well respected and made lots of friends among the red and black faithful in his stints at the Showground. I'd say he is still the most popular visiting rider there now.

• Like 1

Make that three sets of fans. He was well respected and made lots of friends among the red and black faithful in his stints at the Showground. I'd say he is still the most popular visiting rider there now.

Would agree, blokes an absolute diamond

• Like 1

Very pleasing to read these comments about PK. He is an all-time Wolves legend.

• Like 3

If you cut PK he would bleed black and gold.

Saying that you always get 110% from PK - it is no wonder he is well respected by fans through-out the UK and other teams he has ridden for.

The man is still a class act - yet you still get the yearly insults by some calling him `old man` and past his best.

He remains a top rider in the UK, and it is so good to see positives about the Wolves legend.

you still get the yearly insults by some calling him `old man` and past his best.

I've always regarded the 'old man' comments as admiring rather than otherwise. 'The old man continues to show the youngsters' -- that kind of thing. Tremendous rider and top bloke. Great deadpan sense of humour, too, topped off with that Sweden-meets-Gornal accent.

Make the most of him the clock is ticking I really don't think you will see the the likes of him again ,riding at the top level and holding his own in his mid forties.He is a credit to the sport and I hope he has another season or so in him and I wish him an injury free 2013 and hope he scores shed load of points.

PK has always been one of my favourite riders of the modern era. being a lakeside regular, it was a privilege to watch him ride for the hammers last season and more of the same in 2013!

PK has always been one of my favourite riders of the modern era. being a lakeside regular, it was a privilege to watch him ride for the hammers last season and more of the same in 2013!

Totally agree with that as well as being one of the fairest, cleanest riders and a really nice guy, a true gentleman.

Totally agree with that as well as being one of the fairest, cleanest riders and a really nice guy, a true gentleman.

Very pointy elbows in the first turn, mind. :)

Make it four with Belle Vue fans :D

I've always regarded the 'old man' comments as admiring rather than otherwise. 'The old man continues to show the youngsters' -- that kind of thing. Tremendous rider and top bloke. Great deadpan sense of humour, too, topped off with that Sweden-meets-Gornal accent.

In that context yes Fourentee, but when it is followed by past his best, not a number one etc then it becomes a derogatory.

Thankfully his usual knockers have been quiet this season because, lets face it, the black and gold legend is STILL doing the business!

Ah, so that is the dialect , i couldn't quite place it. :D

Edited by stevebrum

Make it four with Belle Vue fans :D

Stalker alert. :P:D

• Like 1