British Speedway Forum
lucifer sam

Edinburgh V Scunthorpe (play-offs) - Friday, October 5th (7.30pm)

stunning effort - nuff respect - hope the Irving household is ready for the Invasion !

Thanks to two excellent guests for Scunny in Doolan & Masters, this match was nip and tuck the whole way, with Monarchs initially establishing a six point lead, and then being two points behind after thirteen heats.

Both sides were probably satisfied with the final outcome and if Scunny can put the Comets to the sword on Sat & Sun, they will be through to the Play-Off Final, and deservedly so.

To have your top four riders out injured and get a point at Armadale is quite an achievement, well done Scunny.

nice result for scunthorpe considering 3out injured and and one on the razz in poland.injured my ass.....big let down for your team mates

nice result for scunthorpe considering 3out injured and and one on the razz in poland.injured my ass.....big let down for your team mates

Put that spoon down............ ;)

They have just announce the result on this, on BBC1 news! Times are changing.

Not sure if a doctor's line was available for Morris last night. Does that mean he was witholding his services and a ban a possibility?

I would rather concentrate on a great performance by who was there, than worry about who was not. Without Nick we would not have got to 2nd in the league, so I hope he is back soon.

Probably a fair result all things considered.

I must admit that Birks and Irving have improved a great deal over the last couple of seasons and are very entertaining riders.

I know the Edinburgh riders would obviously have liked to have performed a bit better but it looks like the season is catching up with them a little but well done on reaching the play offs and cup semi.

It's not all lost... keep plugging away.

Wether Nick is injured or not,we all saw what was a heavy crash on TV so i have no reason to believe he isnt,i was relieved when he got up from it to be honest but seems he hurt himself

You could argue that if injured,it was a rather foolish thing to do to book a flight to Poland during the night and go to the GP,it doesnt look very good ,but he 18 and can do as he likes,you would think tho that as hes living with Rosco,he may have shown a bit of sense rather than taking Nick with him to Poland,or at least asked him to stay home and rest or get treatment

Be interesting to see if he rides on Monday night

Not sure if a doctor's line was available for Morris last night. Does that mean he was witholding his services and a ban a possibility?

I would assume a med cert will be forthcoming within the required timescale.

If a double up rider was indeed deemed to be withholding his services, then I would presume any ban imposed would apply to all UK competitions, including both PL & EL matches.

It could also be that Nick was injured, battered & bruised, declared himself unfit to Rob/Richard in time for them to get a guest. He maybe woke up a little stiff but not as bad as 12hrs earlier & thought he would pass the time away with Rossco & support his fellow Aussie(Holder) at the GP.

Perfectly Legal if a true account.

shame if nick wasn't really injured, i'd be very surprised if he pulled out to go to the gp. he does have some previous. either way it worked for scunny as masters was exceptional. if somerset were watching last night they'd be hanging their head, if cookie isn't fit i'd have him booked for the dale next week. doolan back to his best which would have been great to see if it wasn't against us.

tully struggled with a slow looking bike, shame as he was trying hard but that was the difference between 2 and 3 points. scunny well worth their point and must be big favourites to progress.

we are still in it but a win at worky is a big ask and that is assuming scunny don't wrap it up tonight.

was that morris that kickstarted the handbags with pedersen?

Chops I don't think so.

I don't knoiw for sure but I think it may have been Jack Holder.

I thought he was trying to usher Nicki away... nothing more.