British Speedway Forum
TheReturn

Referee Just Bottled Semi Decision

Love it how some are calling us "numpties" & "nuggets" just because we are not in the "We Hate Nicki" gang, try opening your eyes Holder rode into Pedersen casing him to fall, why is irrelivant .... desperate move and got lucky .... take your blinkers off ... numpties :lol:

• Like 1

Love it how some are calling us "numpties" & "nuggets" just because we are not in the "We Hate Nicki" gang, try opening your eyes Holder rode into Pedersen casing him to fall, why is irrelivant .... desperate move and got lucky .... take your blinkers off ... numpties :lol:

I most certainly ain't in the 'We Hate Nicki' gang as I'm a Nicki Pedersen fan and have been since he rode for Kings Lynn.

I'm just not blinded. How on earth you can come to the conclusion that Holder rode in to Nicki is amazing when Holder was off gate 1 and had the only option of riding the curb once Nicki came across.

What exactly was Holder meant to do. Shutting off wasn't an option.

• Like 3

Correct decision by the ref, as soon as it happened i said it would be all 4 back. If it had been any other 2 riders ivvolved from the GP, we wouldn't be having this debate.

• Like 2

I most certainly ain't in the 'We Hate Nicki' gang as I'm a Nicki Pedersen fan and have been since he rode for Kings Lynn.

I'm just not blinded. How on earth you can come to the conclusion that Holder rode in to Nicki is amazing when Holder was off gate 1 and had the only option of riding the curb once Nicki came across.

What exactly was Holder meant to do. Shutting off wasn't an option.

Yes it was ... the throttle goes both ways, he knew if he had let Nicki lead him the title was gone. Lindback was gonna ride round them both coming off turn 2 .. Holder would have finished 3rd and not made the Final. No blinkers here, just sticking to the FACTS :approve:

• Like 1

Yes it was ... the throttle goes both ways, he knew if he had let Nicki lead him the title was gone. Lindback was gonna ride round them both coming off turn 2 .. Holder would have finished 3rd and not made the Final. No blinkers here, just sticking to the FACTS :approve:

Actually, the highlighted sections of your post are all OPINION. Happy to help.

Edited by Nellie
  • Like 2

Thank god for a quality ref like Akroyd. Any other ref would have called it wrong with the possibility of wrecking a gp series. When the incident occurred I called it all four back but was worried the ref might call it wrong.

It was clear Pedersen rode Holder onto the grass causing Holder to straighten. All four back the only option and the correct one

End of the day Pedersen was looking for it and the ref never fell for it. Good call from the ref who far from bottled it

• Like 4

Thank god for a quality ref like Akroyd. Any other ref would have called it wrong with the possibility of wrecking a gp series. When the incident occurred I called it all four back but was worried the ref might call it wrong.

It was clear Pedersen rode Holder onto the grass causing Holder to straighten. All four back the only option and the correct one

End of the day Pedersen was looking for it and the ref never fell for it. Good call from the ref who far from bottled it

And we ALL know your the most biased poster in the history of the forum Stevie ... so your opinion does not count :approve:

Actually, the highlighted sections of your post are all OPINION. Happy to help.

We all saw how good Chris was earlier in the meeting, third for sure AGAIN :approve:

Just goes to show that video technology isn't the answer to everything. Look at the level of disagreement on this thread. Ultimately it was a judgement call.

In a domestic meeting I would have expected all4back, but in the GP where 1st bend incidents are more likely to lead to exclusions I was expecting Holder to go. I dislike Nikki Pedersen, but on this occasion he can consider himself unlucky.

However the point of a GP is that the good and bad decisions tend to cancel each other out over the course of the series... and NP certainly had a few generous calls in earlier rounds.

PS Congrats to Holder on becoming world champion

I saw it last night,again on replay,and I havent changed my opinion,that is that Holder was very lucky to be in the re-run,in any event I dont think it wouldve seen the World Championchip change hands as Pedersen wasnt quick enough all night.

Some say that the referee didn't want to "put himself on the centre".

The thing is that he had to make a call and thus him being the centre

was ineviteble. Imo the referee made a mistake and this decision

put him just as much in the centre as if he would have excludrd Holder.

What's also unquestionable is that Nicki made a better start then Chris

AND that Chris rode into Nicki twice. If a rider does that he certainly

have earned himself an exclusion.

If a rider is behind and delibrety rides into another rider,

like chris did yesterday, he should be awarded with an exclusion.

I also think that the all4restart need to be removed.

• Like 1

Absolutely no doubt Holder should have been excluded and the thugs that started on Nicki should have been marched out of the stadium. Its one thing whn riders have a go at each other in the heat of the moment but completely unacceptable when thuggish pit crew, family and friends start.

Shame really because I feel Chris is aq worthy winner of the title but it was tainted by an awful ref desision and thugs on the track.

As for those trying to say Nicki was the one who should have been excluded...thats a joke. Yes, he tried to clamp Chris. Thats the sensible thing to do when Chris had been clearly faster all night. If anything Chris came acroos a bit on Nicki out of the gate.

Dont think for onre miniute that Chris took Nicki off on purpose but he def should have been out.

Love the fact screamers on here calling people nuggets... LOOOOL. The guys a clown of the highest order.

As for holders younger brother and Pedersen, none of know what he said to Nicki for Nicki to push him, i take it had he told him to f&&k off its acceptable yet Nicki pushing him is not? If hes old enough to be out on track at the pit gate giving it the big un then he is old enough to take a push.

just watched it frame by frame , holder lifts and pedersen is 2 foot away from him , holder runs into pedersen and knocks him off , clear cut exclusion

• Like 3

people will never agree on this but putting the semi final to one side if bjarne pedersen and hans andersen passed nicki like they both should of in the earlier heat nicki would of not got to the semi they both were faster and just followed him