British Speedway Forum

Assuming the Worrall's and Robson return, to put Wethers in we would need to drop either Henry, Lindgren or Ned. No disrespect to Matty but surely you wouldn't pick him ahead of any of those three.

I wouldn't anyway.

Did Claes become a Newcastle asset?

If he did, I guess that makes Lindgren the most vulnerable to being let go as he is not a Diamonds asset and I guess is fairly expensive. Much as I enjoyed watching him last season I wouldn't be too surprised if he wasn't there in 2013 and replaced with a local (Wethers living in Newcastle these days)

Yes, Claes is ours.

Did Claes become a Newcastle asset?

If he did, I guess that makes Lindgren the most vulnerable to being let go as he is not a Diamonds asset and I guess is fairly expensive. Much as I enjoyed watching him last season I wouldn't be too surprised if he wasn't there in 2013 and replaced with a local (Wethers living in Newcastle these days)

I hope that Ludwig IS part of the 'Diamonds' set up next Season. I enjoyed watching him ride. :approve: :approve:

do the british riders stil get 5% reduction for team building?

worrall boys are a must, claes is our asset as his form from august deserves a place

i think robbo can get back above 8 if we have a true no 1

i would give jason a place at reserve

and then its either christian or lundvig .............. leaving 8.26 for a no 1

if we take paul starke instead of jason its gives us 8.80 for a no 1

the no 1 role is key ....... robbo/lemmo's decline last year left us exposed at the crucial end of season

5% stuart 7.86 7.47 christian/ludvig 6.84 6.84 claes 6.20 6.20 richie 5.78 5.49 steve 4.03 3.83 jason 3.53 3.35 No 1 8.26 9.32

I hope that Ludwig IS part of the 'Diamonds' set up next Season. I enjoyed watching him ride. :approve: :approve:

So do I but he suffers from the same as Robbo did in that some of his away performances were truly woeful. Also I assume he does not come cheap. I think some of his meetings around Brough were outstanding.

Will be interesting to see how the promotion play it, we gonna try and do it on the cheap or try and splash a bit of cash with an entertaining team and bring the crowds back.

Do people think we need an out and out no 1, big hitter or are we hoping Ritchie and Steve hit the ground running and continue where they left off, that's what it looks like to me!

So do I but he suffers from the same as Robbo did in that some of his away performances were truly woeful. Also I assume he does not come cheap. I think some of his meetings around Brough were outstanding.

Will be interesting to see how the promotion play it, we gonna try and do it on the cheap or try and splash a bit of cash with an entertaining team and bring the crowds back.

Do people think we need an out and out no 1, big hitter or are we hoping Ritchie and Steve hit the ground running and continue where they left off, that's what it looks like to me!

I agree, of the Diamonds top five, Lindgren scored the least points away from home (was top scorer at home though). But can't agree about Robbo, who scored the most points away from home. He was also the Diamonds top points scorer over the whole season.

"The Mackem"

Not on last Season's results. We finished top of the League without an 'out and out' Number One. To be honest - there is a chance of either Ludwig, Richie or possibly Ned actually developing in to a Number One. This is obviously hypothetical at present, as to date, no-one has signed up.

So far, I'm just happy that Richie and Steve haven't turned up in anyone else's team yet

Dyer turned us down last season in preference of a move to a bigger track so I doubt he'll end up with us next season.

Personally I'm not keen on Tully or Wethers for that matter. I think we have better riders already in our side from last season. Tully is making the right decision in moving from Edinburgh but I think he needs to move to a bigger track if he is going to improve. I would sooner see Ludvig stay as I think he has more potential.

Dyer turned us down last season in preference of a move to a bigger track so I doubt he'll end up with us next season.

Personally I'm not keen on Tully or Wethers for that matter. I think we have better riders already in our side from last season. Tully is making the right decision in moving from Edinburgh but I think he needs to move to a bigger track if he is going to improve. I would sooner see Ludvig stay as I think he has more potential.

I agree, Ludvig can only get better during 2013 he is a crowd pleaser and can overtake inside or outside, some of his rides at Brough during 2012 were brilliant, he just needs to ride that way on his travels.

Christian Henry: It pains me to say this after some great meetings by the Aussie but he is unlikely to improve whereas Ludvig and Claes can and will be better in 2013. So if we have to sacrifice anyone maybe it has to be Christian thrown to the Lions. Like I said it pains me to say this

I like the rest of us, like speculating on next years team but maybe signings will be announced leading up to the xmas party or at the latest during the party. If the whole team haven't been announced by then we will start losing options as other teams snap up the quality and announce their starting 7s.

I don't want a team without an out and out number 1 rider but have to admit we did fine without one in 2012

I think the old saying if its not broken dont fix it should be the policy for next season.

Mark has already announced through Facebook and twitter that he is not part of the plans so why not

1 Robbo

2 Henry

3 Richie

4 Claes

5 Ludvig

6 Steve

7 ????

Im sure most people would be pretty happy with that 6. As for number 7 ??? who knows what we would have left to play with average wise ?

• Like 1

I have heard of a change to Bonus Points which is in the speedway star. That in a 3-3 the rider finishing 3rd behind his team mate will no longer get paid a bonus point. Has anyone else heard this? Will it be the rule for 2013? The idea is to save promoters money by not paying that bonus point.

This will discourage riders from team riding as they battle to pass their team mate to earn 2nd place money

Not a good rule is it! How many times have we stood there saying a 3-3 is enough to win a match and a third place rider being delighted he finished 3rd and helped us win a match. Now he will want to overtake his colleague to earn a few more quid

Edited by dantodan

I have heard of a change to Bonus Points which is in the speedway star. That in a 3-3 the rider finishing 3rd behind his team mate will no longer get paid a bonus point. Has anyone else heard this? Will it be the rule for 2013? The idea is to save promoters money by not paying that bonus point.

This will discourage riders from team riding as they battle to pass their team mate to earn 2nd place money

Not a good rule is it! How many times have we stood there saying a 3-3 is enough to win a match and a third place rider being delighted he finished 3rd and helped us win a match. Now he will want to overtake his colleague to earn a few more quid

I agree with the scapping myself. Too many times last season I saw heat leaders ( not just ours )settling in behind reserves for a easy 1+1 points. Im not talking about team riding either. Yes we are always going to have plus and negatives for changes but this one Im for. When the opposing rider has pulled out through ef / fell you should not be paid for 2 points for effectivly finishing last.

The sport is desperate to cut costs to survive and this could save the promotion a few thousand pound a season.

• Like 2