British Speedway Forum

Thats really early are you sure? Whats the lineup? If line up is good I will make the trip up to Sheilfield

Only two announced so far, Richie and Ben Barker. Expect names announced one by one and over a period of time. That's the way it's usually done.

It should be a decent field, but, to be honest, people who can, should support it anyway, as it gives valuable support to injured riders.

Edited by The Abbott
  • Like 3

Only two announced so far, Richie and Ben Barker. Expect names announced one by one and over a period of time. That's the way it's usually done.

It should be a decent field, but, to be honest, people who can, should support it anyway, as it gives valuable support to injured riders.

Agreed,though Im sure the line-up that is being put together will get people there.

Thats really early are you sure? Whats the lineup? If line up is good I will make the trip up to Sheilfield

www.berwickbandits.co.uk have a look on here in latest news section....simples. :oops:

If Jason is not able to ride for us there is one guy who might be ok as second reserve. I really don't know if he will be worth the gamble but what about Rob Grant junior? He wants to ride again and at 28 yrs of age now he may not be as wild

The following appears on the Speedway GB website: -

FORMER Stoke rider Rob Grant is hoping to get on the comeback trail in the National League this season.

The 28-year-old has Premier League experience from his time with the Potters, who have circulated his name to other clubs after Grant expressed his wish to return to the sport.

Grant said: “I’ve found my enthusiasm for speedway again and I’m fit and well and have bikes, and am raring to go.

“I have no issues with getting time off work and also have transport, and feel I could do a good job for someone in the National League.”

I have no idea what Granty's average would be but he may fit in the side and maybe us Geordies should help each other, I would rather have Jason King but if he cannot ride and it comes down to Granty or Starkey, I think I would go for our local lad

If Jason is not able to ride for us there is one guy who might be ok as second reserve. I really don't know if he will be worth the gamble but what about Rob Grant junior? He wants to ride again and at 28 yrs of age now he may not be as wild

The following appears on the Speedway GB website: -

FORMER Stoke rider Rob Grant is hoping to get on the comeback trail in the National League this season.

The 28-year-old has Premier League experience from his time with the Potters, who have circulated his name to other clubs after Grant expressed his wish to return to the sport.

Grant said: “I’ve found my enthusiasm for speedway again and I’m fit and well and have bikes, and am raring to go.

“I have no issues with getting time off work and also have transport, and feel I could do a good job for someone in the National League.”

I have no idea what Granty's average would be but he may fit in the side and maybe us Geordies should help each other, I would rather have Jason King but if he cannot ride and it comes down to Granty or Starkey, I think I would go for our local lad

Grants done little or no racing for a while now,so a jump straight into PL racing might be a jump to far at this time,however as he says himself a spell in the NL might be an idea.

• Like 1

Granty once looked good in the PL. I am not his biggest fan but I hope he has a great time in his comeback. I cannot think of any other Geordie rider. As a Geordie I hope that one day we will have a local rider to support. Robbo is a mackem

Good luck Rob Grant you should do well in the NL. I am sure if you do well, the door will be left ajar at Brough. Its entirely up to you do well enough and PL clubs will want you

Edited by dantodan

Granty once looked good in the PL. I am not his biggest fan but I hope he has a great time in his comeback. I cannot think of any other Geordie rider. As a Geordie I hope that one day we will have a local rider to support. Robbo is a mackem

Good luck Rob Grant you should do well in the NL. I am sure if you do well, the door will be left ajar at Brough. Its entirely up to you do well enough and PL clubs will want you

Is that a problem like??? :shock: :shock:

I might have to Report this clearly Racist Post. :wink::t::rofl:

Edited by The White Knight
  • Like 2

Are Newcastle speedway doing a 2013 calender to follow on from the 2012 one if so which riders will be in it this year?

Are Newcastle speedway doing a 2013 calender to follow on from the 2012 one if so which riders will be in it this year?

The current calendar runs to the end of the season, so the 2013/14 calendar will feature the 2013 league winners plus a few oldies. (I hope!)

Edited by bobh

Is that a problem like??? :shock: :shock:

I might have to Report this clearly Racist Post. :wink::t::rofl:

Errr Sorry the mackem comment was meant to be a term of endearment for those of a red and white persuasion.

less than 3 months to go now to kick off day lets hope this summer is blessed by better weather than 2012

• Like 1

I notice Ritchie Worrall is no longer in the Somerset Christmas Cracker (or should that be New Year Cracker!!!) and Stevie is riding instead, I assume this is because I believe he is planning on riding in NZ!!!

The current calendar runs to the end of the season, so the 2013/14 calendar will feature the 2013 league winners plus a few oldies. (I hope!)

No it soesn't it runs out the April 2013 so we won't of won it by then!!

Rob grant in the pl? Good lord!

• Like 1