British Speedway Forum

It's that time of year again to get the track facilities up to scratch for the new season. Lots of work to the kickboards, fencing and numerous posts, as well as a refurb of the pits roof. It all starts at 10.00am this Sunday, and anybody who can spare the time, should come with warm but old clothing.There are a variety of jobs to do, and there will always be a job that you can do. Work will go on as long as it is light, and even if it rains, the work can continue in the pits bays.

It will take all the weeks leading up to Practice day to get everything done, so why not join the track maintenance team. The more the merrier and the sooner that it all gets done. Don't need to bring brushes or tools, everything is provided.

See you then, if not this Sunday how about next Sunday. Many Thanks.

• Like 1

I have just been looking down the Diamonds fixture list and notice that we/they are staging a test match on 18th August 2013, should be interesting and hopefully get a big crowd!!!

I have just been looking down the Diamonds fixture list and notice that we/they are staging a test match on 18th August 2013, should be interesting and hopefully get a big crowd!!!

Workington and Newcastle have reserved meetings on June 2nd too!!

Day after the british GP.

Got a fair bit done on last Sunday. Removed 25 fence posts, and did a lot of preplanning for the future Sundays. Need more than those who did turn up to get through the work before the Practice days. Intend to put groups together to look after different tasks.

If you have some time on Sundays come for 10am in warm and old clothes. We need the help.

• Like 1

So, who is #7 and does anyone have more info on Richies exploits in Hobbiton?

So, who is #7 and does anyone have more info on Richies exploits in Hobbiton?

Wonder what is taking so long for them to announce #7.

See we have announced a new sponsorship deal/hookup as well. Good news!!! :t:

http://www.newcastle...e.asp?id=100102

Edited by diamond@heart

Just a reminder. If you can help out at Brough this Sunday, starting at 10.00am, it would be greatly appreciated.

Warm and old clothes, and don't need to bring any tools or brushes, etc.

Just a reminder. If you can help out at Brough this Sunday, starting at 10.00am, it would be greatly appreciated.

Warm and old clothes, and don't need to bring any tools or brushes, etc.

Surprisingly the weather was pretty decent on Sunday. Only the odd specs of sleet mid afternoon, when we were packing up anyway. If the forecasters had got it right, we would have been home before 11 after a 10 start. :P

10 new posts and 15 more to go. Some new fence netting to replace, and stacks of kickboards pre-cut and just waiting to be lavishly painted on both sides. If you are up for it, and want to help out to get all the work done, come on Sunday for a 10am start. Refreshments provided all day of course.

See you then.

Wonder what is taking so long for them to announce #7.

See we have announced a new sponsorship deal/hookup as well. Good news!!! :t:

http://www.newcastle...e.asp?id=100102

This weeks Star says Sunday 11 August for the Test Match between Team GB and Australia.

Also this weeks Star says that (basically), Newcastle are awaiting a fitness report from Jason King, before any decisions (by both parties I presume) are made. They obviously want him to ride somewhere before the season starts.

• Like 1

That is the weekend of the Ashes cricket test match at Chester le Street. Would be a good idea to see some advertising for the speedway test either at the ground or in the programme.

• Like 1

Also this weeks Star says that (basically), Newcastle are awaiting a fitness report from Jason King, before any decisions (by both parties I presume) are made. They obviously want him to ride somewhere before the season starts.

I hope they have someone else lined up incase he has a change of heart or does not come through this fitness test. I assume they will want him to have tried some competitive racing before the start of the season or are they just letting him put himself through his own fitness test?

If it is competitive racing, not many matches he can get that in, mainly testimonials. I just hate this waiting lark. :blink:

• Like 2

Good forecast for Sunday so we should be able to make some real progress with the track work. If you can spare some time on Sunday at 10.00am remember, warm and old clothes and all the working gear and tools are supplied.

See ya there