British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Daniel Smith

King's Lynn V Rye House

PEARCE'S MEN VISIT THE NORFOLK ARENA

The England Under-21 football team will make a surprise visit to the Norfolk Arena this Wednesday evening as VIP guests of the King's Lynn Young Stars who will be racing against the Rye House Raiders in National League action.

The young Lions are playing at Carrow Road on Friday in a European play-off against Serbia, and manager Stuart Pearce has decided to give them a break from their pre-match preparations to come and enjoy a night of Speedway action, which for many of the 26 man squad will be the first time.

Fans there on the night will get a chance to meet the players, including Liverpool's in-form midfield trio Jordan Henderson, Jonjo Shelvey and Raheem Sterling as well as Manchester United's summer signing Nick Powell. With the club’s close connection to the towns own club, players from King’s Lynn Town Football Club have also been invited along to join them for the evening.

Stars promoter Jonathan Chapman said " Both speedway teams feature some young and exciting riders under the age of 21 so all parties felt it would be a massive positive for both sports if the England team were to come along and watch. We will be taking the players around the pits to meet the riders, and hopefully everyone involved can take some inspiration from each other which can only help towards future success for the country both on the football pitch and the speedway track."

Some like a great night out for everyone :) .

Looks like there only half the team at Buxton , does anyone know the lineups for this Wednesday, is Darren Mallett OK as he was missing at Buxton

Line-ups on the Facebook Group page are:

Young Stars.

Darren Mallett

Tom Stokes

Jake Knight

Scott Campos

Lewi Kerr

Lewis Rose

Brendan Johnson

Rye House

Jason Garrity

Shane Hazelden R/R

Ben Morley

Luke Chessell

James Sarjeant

Danno Verge

Connor Coles

• Like 1

so will we.

Should be a cracker of a meeting

Edited by rearingtogo
  • Like 1

It is going to be difficult for the Raiders with RR for Hazelden and one reserve who will have to be carried ..A busy evening in prospect for Connor Coles i think.....However our top end of Garrity ,,Morley and Sarjeant are in good form and a match for any top 3 in the division at the moment... .Luke Chessell to is capable of decent points just needs to settle down and be smoother on the bends to avoid the falls that keep his average down. Depending on the form of Darren Mallet i think we can sneak a win against the young stars tonight... Hope all the riders have a good safe night

Coming over for this one tonight with three other Mildenhall fans, should be a good close meeting!

Alot will depend on Connnor Coles, who I am looking forward to see ride for the first time. It sounds from reports that he has alot of his grandfathers (Mildenhall legend Bob Coles) spirit! If he takes to the track I can see Rye House just sneaking it.

Who decided it would be a good idea to triple park the cars in the car park,leaving the car in the middle with no choice but to wait for either the one in front or the one behind to go?

Who decided it would be a good idea to triple park the cars in the car park,leaving the car in the middle with no choice but to wait for either the one in front or the one behind to go?

Are u saying there was a crowd there?

They always do that, Adz. Normally the back row is at an angle, but there was less direction by stewards in the car park than on EL nights. We've been stuck between before. I used to arrive early enough to park by the fence, and refuse to listen to the steward trying to park me in the middle, where I know I'll get blocked in. Usually in the second car park for EL nights now to avoid having to have that argument, as go much later.

It always has been done, used to be done on the other side of the car park as well thats more for VIP's now.

Edited by rhidassa

Just seems a little silly to me..suppose there was an emergency and the 1 in the middle needed to go..Nightmare lol

It's always seemed ridiculous to me. I'm sure it can't be allowed for that reason.