British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Super Blue

Mildenhall 2013

Keep all of this years team and move up to the Premier League

Wouldn't be anywhere remotely good enough I'm afraid , would get hammered every week !

Edited by Super Blue

I would just be happy to see Cam ride in the uk next year.

I would just be happy to see Cam ride in the uk next year.

Not sure he will be now Ipswich have signed Adam Ellis at reserve !

There may not be room for him in the Witches team and as it was Chris Louis who brought him over to the UK , if he's not there he may not come at all !

I still think his 9+ average will be too high for most NL teams to be include if pts limit goes down as predicted .

Also the rumours of personal friction with Louis could/should/maybe be taken with a pinch of salt .

Not sure he will be now Ipswich have signed Adam Ellis at reserve !

There may not be room for him in the Witches team and as it was Chris Louis who brought him over to the UK , if he's not there he may not come at all !

I still think his 9+ average will be too high for most NL teams to be include if pts limit goes down as predicted .

Also the rumours of personal friction with Louis could/should/maybe be taken with a pinch of salt .

you really think that if a rider doesn't get a ride at a certain track ( even if it was his first choice) that he wouldn't ride elsewhere????

you really think that if a rider doesn't get a ride at a certain track ( even if it was his first choice) that he wouldn't ride elsewhere????

Don't get me wrong , I would love to see him back but it's a long way to come and I've just heard the same rumors as other's !

Looks like Nielsen, Bates & Stoneman will be back at Mildenhall in '13.

Good start to team-building with all 3 having plenty of potential.

Looks like Nielsen, Bates & Stoneman will be back at Mildenhall in '13.

Good start to team-building with all 3 having plenty of potential.

Missed out Halsey aswell mate.

Decent start to team building that.Looking at facebook it would appear that Lewis won't be returning which is a real shame as he is a bargain on a 7.01

1.Stefan Nielsen 8.32

2.Josh Bates 5.30

3.Danny Halsey 6.57

4.??

5.??

6.Nathan Stoneman 3.00 (if fit)

7.??

Depending on the limit.If it stays at 40 it leaves us with 16.81 for the remaining 3.Would guess another 3 point rider at reserve perhaps.With Jacobs and Baseby filling in the other 2 spots maybe?

If it drops to 38.I quite like Phil's suggestion in an earlier post of Connor Coles signing.This though would leave us unable to sign Jacobs.Otherwise a limit of 38.5 would fit Jacobs,Coles and a 3 pointer :)

Edited by adz_mft

Halsey too I am reliably informed.

With the possible (if not probable) reduction in points limits, that means its likely that there's no place for Jacobs or Blackbird (or even both of them).

While I would definitely have picked Nielsen over Jacobs, the latter can count himself a little unlucky. He's had by far his best ever season (raising his average by almost two points) and when I have seen the Fen Tigers away from home he has more than anyone else usually held the side together with a string of consistent performances - the play off matches at IOW & Dudley being the most obvious examples.

I am little surprised that Halsey was chosen over Blackbird. Only half a point in it and no question in my experience about who is the more reliable performer.

Bates and Stoneman are no brainers. Stoneman on a three is an absolute bargain and Adam Ellis aside Bates is easily the best novice I saw in 2012.

Halsey too I am reliably informed.

With the possible (if not probable) reduction in points limits, that means its likely that there's no place for Jacobs or Blackbird (or even both of them).

While I would definitely have picked Nielsen over Jacobs, the latter can count himself a little unlucky. He's had by far his best ever season (raising his average by almost two points) and when I have seen the Fen Tigers away from home he has more than anyone else usually held the side together with a string of consistent performances - the play off matches at IOW & Dudley being the most obvious examples.

I am little surprised that Halsey was chosen over Blackbird. Only half a point in it and no question in my experience about who is the more reliable performer.

Bates and Stoneman are no brainers. Stoneman on a three is an absolute bargain and Adam Ellis aside Bates is easily the best novice I saw in 2012.

With Stef and Lewis both possibly being in the PL next season.Maybe the promotion thought the club can't afford to be missing 2 riders if fixtures clash.Maybe?

• Like 1

With Stef and Lewis both possibly being in the PL next season.Maybe the promotion thought the club can't afford to be missing 2 riders if fixtures clash.Maybe?

That could well be their thinking. Having said that, while Halsey is a very solid scorer at home and can comfortably do a job as third heatleader round West Row, he's going to have to improve his away form considerably to be considered a genuine heat-leader.

Nielsen should make an excellent number one and Bates and Stoneman are also excellent re-signings.

Edited by neil3065

That could well be their thinking. Having said that, while Halsey is a very solid scorer at home and can comfortably do a job as third heatleader round West Row, he's going to have to improve his away form considerably to be considered a genuine heat-leader.

Nielsen should make an excellent number one and Bates and Stoneman are also excellent re-signings.

If the limit is lowered though.Halsey could be 1 of the best 3rd heat leaders in the league imo

Great start to the team, assuming then that the league structures are going to stay pretty similar or unchagned? All depends on the points limit, but Robert Lambert :wink: and Lewis Kerr in there also would be great. :D

Personally I'd be shocked if Joe doesn't sign as well for 2013.

I agree with Adz thinking that they may not want two riders doubling up full time, which to me is pretty sound thinking.

The key for me will be Nathans recovery from injury, at the time of his crash his average was already moving towards six points and I got the feeling it wasn't stopping there. A fit Nathan could easily double his average plus more and be heading towards the third heat leader berth by the business end of next season. He really was very impressive home and away, his TR ride at Dudley being just one example of this lads talent.

• Like 2

Missed out Halsey aswell mate.

It was never confirmed though, and from what I was told, it could still go either way..